Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City 16:41 - Aug 15 with 9107 viewspencoedjack

From memory it’s a trek to Bristol parkway I see there is a 2246 train back to South Wales is this doable?
Bristol City on 16:49 - Aug 15 with 4734 viewsKeithHaynes

Taxi yes.
Did that walk first in 1980. Went in the wrong end. Oops.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 4704 viewsWhiterockin

22.20 from Parson Street is your best bet. Change temple meads and Newport. Eta swansea 00.46.
But Parson Street could well be rammed.
Bristol City on 17:13 - Aug 15 with 4677 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City on 16:57 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

22.20 from Parson Street is your best bet. Change temple meads and Newport. Eta swansea 00.46.

Cheers
Bristol City on 18:15 - Aug 15 with 4584 viewsThornburyswan

Bristol City on 16:57 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Did Parson Street in 2019 0-0 match season, from memory 20 minute walk from Ashton gate but wasn’t too busy when we used it - didn’t wear colours mind.
Bristol City on 19:15 - Aug 15 with 4508 viewsbuilthjack

I will park in the cricket club for this one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 4417 viewsWhiterockin

Double check the times for the trains. Sorry I forgot there is work taking place at temple meads and there may be disruption on the weekend.

Its about an 8 mile walk to parkway. Uber would be your best bet if you are coming back from Parkway as they are quite cheap in Bristol, if you can get one.
Bristol City on 18:02 - Aug 16 with 4179 viewsJJJack

Bristol City on 20:36 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Double check the times for the trains. Sorry I forgot there is work taking place at temple meads and there may be disruption on the weekend.

Its about an 8 mile walk to parkway. Uber would be your best bet if you are coming back from Parkway as they are quite cheap in Bristol, if you can get one.

Yep, for those not familiar with Bristol - Temple Meads is walkable (but is a good 2 miles). Parkway - taxi only - it's miles away. Parsons St. - never used that station. You may be able to get a bus from close by to TM but Bristol bus services are rubbish and extortionate.
Bristol City on 22:47 - Aug 16 with 4012 viewsbuilthjack

Still around 1000 tickets available.

Now on general sale.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 22:51]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City on 22:53 - Aug 16 with 4003 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City on 22:47 - Aug 16 by builthjack

Still around 1000 tickets available.

Now on general sale.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 22:51]

1,500 sold ?

Bristol City on 23:32 - Aug 16 with 3972 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City on 22:53 - Aug 16 by KeithHaynes

1,500 sold ?

Over 1200 as at 10am today. Another 100 or so by 5pm.

Bristol City on 00:07 - Aug 17 with 3953 viewsjackharris

I don’t think anyone has ever walked from Ashton Gate to Bristol Parkway after a match? I think you are thinking of the walk back to Bristol Temple Meads which is indeed a trek.

If there is enough of you, you never know they put on a special back to Swansea?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Bristol City on 01:06 - Aug 17 with 3936 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City on 00:07 - Aug 17 by jackharris

I don’t think anyone has ever walked from Ashton Gate to Bristol Parkway after a match? I think you are thinking of the walk back to Bristol Temple Meads which is indeed a trek.

If there is enough of you, you never know they put on a special back to Swansea?

They walked us from Parkway in 81 trust me mate. It took 2 hours.
I’m certain they’ve done it since too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bristol City on 07:24 - Aug 17 with 3879 viewsNotLoyal

Bristol City on 01:06 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Yeah, but your mind is going.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City on 07:27 - Aug 17 with 3879 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City on 00:07 - Aug 17 by jackharris

You’d think the authorities would sort a train.

It’s either drive for me or watch the game in the house.

If anyone has any space on a bus or minibus drop me a PM 👍
Bristol City on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 3802 viewsjackharris

Bristol City on 01:06 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

We didn’t play Bristol City away in 1981. We did play Bristol Rovers?

I would be very, very surprised if the police marched Swansea fans 2 hours and 30 minutes (and that’s at a brisk pace) from Ashton Gate to Bristol Parkway. They would have passed about 5 stations. The police normally take you to Temple Meads after a game v City.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Bristol City on 10:28 - Aug 17 with 3779 viewsMrSwerve

Parkway is nowhere near Ashton Gate...that’s like police walking people from Neath train station to the Liberty!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bristol City on 10:32 - Aug 17 with 3777 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City on 09:56 - Aug 17 by jackharris

We didn’t play Bristol City away in 1981. We did play Bristol Rovers?

I would be very, very surprised if the police marched Swansea fans 2 hours and 30 minutes (and that’s at a brisk pace) from Ashton Gate to Bristol Parkway. They would have passed about 5 stations. The police normally take you to Temple Meads after a game v City.

I meant 1980, as I mentioned on the second post on this thread. And I remain insistent it was Parkway to Ashton Gate.

Bristol City on 10:33 - Aug 17 with 3768 viewsMrSwerve

(Not saying you’re wrong btw Keith...it’s just a mental trek!)

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bristol City on 10:35 - Aug 17 with 3751 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City on 10:33 - Aug 17 by MrSwerve

It’s no issue, I recall it only because of the time it took, it was a football special from Swansea, cost a fiver. I’m sure others around will recall the game, Leighton James scored the winner, thousands of swans fans there.

Bristol City on 10:37 - Aug 17 with 3742 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol City on 10:33 - Aug 17 by MrSwerve

7 miles quite a walk.
Bristol City on 10:50 - Aug 17 with 3727 viewsunion_jack

Bristol City on 10:35 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

It’s no issue, I recall it only because of the time it took, it was a football special from Swansea, cost a fiver. I’m sure others around will recall the game, Leighton James scored the winner, thousands of swans fans there.

I've no memory if the game itself though I was there. I'd travelled down from London and was walking to the game (no idea where I was) and a Swansea supporters' double decker passed me and gave me all sorts of abuse until I showed my scarf. They let me on board and I travelled in with them. No idea how I got back to London, it was all too long ago!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bristol City on 12:03 - Aug 17 with 3695 viewsandrew

Last 2 times I’ve been to Bristol they’ve put a non stop special on to Swansea after the game.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Bristol City on 12:13 - Aug 17 with 3683 viewsjackharris

Bristol City on 12:18 - Aug 17 with 3672 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol City on 12:13 - Aug 17 by jackharris

So the train to change at Newport/Cardiff is not running?
Bristol City on 12:51 - Aug 17 with 3640 viewsJJJack

Bristol City on 10:35 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

I'm struggling to even work out which way they took you? Don't think the M32 was even built back then so I guess through town then up the Gloucester Road?? You'd have walked past my cricket ground (0.4m from Parkway) although I don't know if that was there in 1980 either
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024