Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? 09:42 - Oct 28 with 3733 views_

It has got to that stage, hasn't it, with some of our fan base.

It's a sad, sad, indictment of a 'modern day' football fan, but of course not exclusive. There's enough on this board alone who have watched us through the leagues but still can't help themselves.

I was as frustrated as anyone last night, we all wanted the 3 points, but we all must have started worrying when Chico's bullet header was straight at Jaaskeleinen in the first half. Norwich had the same luck in front of goal but arguably they created more than we did.

I noticed at half time we had some 60 odd per cent possession but only 2 shots to their 10, we turned that completely around in the second half but it was still not enough.

As I thought, Vasquez may get his first game and West Ham do allow themselves a pacey forward to get in behind them and that certainly looked like the tactic in the first half. I don't want to be too harsh on Vasquez but if he hasn't learned what the Premier League can be like yesterday, he never will. So in short, he needs to man up, get stuck in, get in there where it hurts and most importantly, stay on his feet. As the game went we couldn't afford to have a striker missing those attributes on the pitch for as long as 65 minutes, or thereabouts. Bony for me should have come on at half time but I'm guessing Laudrup wanted to protect the Spanish youngster.

Michu continues to be our problem and is confusing everyone at the club, from management to fans. The Arsenal game, in my opinion, we played very well, without creating en masse, he played up front then. The Southampton away game whereby again, in my opinion, we created the best chances so far this season, he played behind Bony. Canas also played that game and he brings more cutting edge to the side.

Which brings me on to Leon, a fans favourite and club legend of that there is no doubt, certainly in my eyes as well. That shouldn't mean he's the first name on the sheet however, and yesterday, apart from some late swashbuckling in the middle of the park, where lets be honest no team scores from, he had a relatively quiet game.I really think we need to give Canas more games to get him properly up to speed for the rest of the very important season ahead.

It's also not easy rotating the side, the Europa League is having an affect here, we wouldn't change it for the world, but for me, that's the main area where our involvement is costing us. It seems obvious that even though we need to rotate, Laudrup doesn't know his best XI and that should mean that one game soon, he should he brave and drop Michu for Shelvey or even Pablo in behind Bony.

There's no easy solution to the problem that's becoming quite obvious now - fitting in Michu and Bony in the same side, not while Michu continues to have this Maverick nature about him.

It's a problem many managers would welcome, however, probably Allardyce, whose team are so big and strong, it really was a hard battle out there yesterday, us fans would do well to remember that. Even though we could smell the 3 points, huge teams like that are not ever going to bend over and give them to us.

Time to look for the positives and get our heads on the scum game.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 9:45]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:08 - Oct 28 with 1956 viewsperchrockjack

So all s good then and no need to fret.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:17 - Oct 28 with 1926 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:08 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

So all s good then and no need to fret.

Depends what your expectation levels are but having said that, I doubt any sane individual on this site gives two tick's what yours are, or for your usual, incoherent drivel, so thanks for taking the time to reply but it really wasn't necessary.

I think you and Tony Sanctimoany (Davilin) deserve each other. You both need help and quick.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:21 - Oct 28 with 1904 viewsAl_Bundy

Glad we're playing away next Sunday.

For some reason we seem more of a threat going forward on our travels.

West Ham have a good away record this season so not overly surprised this was a draw.

My concern at the moment is the over reliance on Dyer to make things happen. Dyer looks our only threat on current form and a fair amount of his efforts have no end product.

What we are missing greatly is Ben Davies. Taylor has done well since he's come back in but doesn't have Ben's forward runs , link up play and good crossing. Think Routledge has also suffered through Ben's absence.
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:21 - Oct 28 with 1904 viewsperchrockjack

Morning young Chrissy.
Do you want a discussion or are you able to have an exchange of views.
Tone is still fast asleep and it ll be several hours before he gets up and has his bagel so in the meantime Im quite willing to indulge you.
It could be the case no fecker is interested in what you post. Staggering I know but the other people in my carehome hang on to my every word.
Now come on, you start first...

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:24 - Oct 28 with 1889 viewsStarsky

In reply to the OP.
Spot on. I was initially very frustrated but you have to remain objective about the game.
It was a point gained against a side that recently won at White Hart Lane.

There are no easy games in this league, bar Crystal Palace. After 8 games were 9th in the table.

However, we no longer know our first 11 players on the team sheet.

Indifferent form by several players is causing confusion, particularly in our midfield.
For several games now, I've felt that Michu is trying to cover too much ground and is leaving striker isolated. The wingers cut back far too often and once again we have to tweak our playing style to get us back on track.
Lot's of hard work ahead for Laudrup and his squad. There's absolutely no need to refer to some players as "gash" or "deadwood". I'm sure there's plenty more to come from our squad, when we get the tactics right.
My first thoughts on that... we need to up the tempo.

It's just the internet, init.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:25 - Oct 28 with 1883 viewslifelong

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:17 - Oct 28 by _

Depends what your expectation levels are but having said that, I doubt any sane individual on this site gives two tick's what yours are, or for your usual, incoherent drivel, so thanks for taking the time to reply but it really wasn't necessary.

I think you and Tony Sanctimoany (Davilin) deserve each other. You both need help and quick.

Sane individual on this site? That would be a novelty.
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:28 - Oct 28 with 1866 viewsStarsky

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:25 - Oct 28 by lifelong

Sane individual on this site? That would be a novelty.

Are there any? This is more like a clinic on here these days.

It's just the internet, init.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:33 - Oct 28 with 1857 viewsDarran

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:28 - Oct 28 by Starsky

Are there any? This is more like a clinic on here these days.

I'm free.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:34 - Oct 28 with 1851 viewsperchrockjack

Mental health is a serious issue and Ive total contempt for anyone not seeing that.
Anyone who s seen family friends suffer from this and worse-being sent to a home for disgusting fees- should get my drift.
Disagree about football? Big deal?-not really.

It shows how little sense of proportion some have.

Regarding the OP.YES ITS ACCEPTABLE but yesterday apparently a stone wall penalty was not given so yesterday it wasn't acceptable. I was glad to take a point as we re not firing on all cylinders so to collect a point is better than nowt

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:35 - Oct 28 with 1845 viewsDevz00

More and more sides are coming to the Liberty looking to shut up shop and take a point. West Ham played with 6 in midfield, FFS.

The better sides have come to the Liberty and tried to win - Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc and as a result the game is more open and we have more chances.

We look more attacking away from home because the emphasis is on the home side to attack us, again, giving us more space to play the way we want to. The home fans wouldn't be impressed if they stuck 11 behind the ball playing as at their place. It will be interesting on Sunday because the Cardiff tactics have been to defend most weeks. They won't be happy doing that against us at home.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 10:36]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:53 - Oct 28 with 1806 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:35 - Oct 28 by Devz00

More and more sides are coming to the Liberty looking to shut up shop and take a point. West Ham played with 6 in midfield, FFS.

The better sides have come to the Liberty and tried to win - Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc and as a result the game is more open and we have more chances.

We look more attacking away from home because the emphasis is on the home side to attack us, again, giving us more space to play the way we want to. The home fans wouldn't be impressed if they stuck 11 behind the ball playing as at their place. It will be interesting on Sunday because the Cardiff tactics have been to defend most weeks. They won't be happy doing that against us at home.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 10:36]

Spot on.

Vaz Te was utilised in midfield til he went off and they deployed the same tactics against Man City. It's also not quite the same as Spain when they go strikerless as they always bring their game on to the opposition. Allardyce is, as always, anti-football. West Ham, with their traditions, should boot him out, no wonder they were so quiet all game watching that drudge.

That free kick that Rat took where he had to keep moving it to the right place. He was the only player back for them and he wacked it 80 yards into the box, it was either that one or from a corner after that they must've had 4 of their 10 shots that half in quick succession. Its a pants way to play the game but with all those bodies behind the ball, and big units to boot, its really hard to break them down.

As for little Dick Perchcock. Do you mind if you don't post on this thread? I was hoping to talk football and clearly that just isn't possible with you.

I'd also love to engage you in a battle of wits but that wouldn't be fair either, you're clearly un-armed.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:04 - Oct 28 with 1766 viewsDarran

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:53 - Oct 28 by _

Spot on.

Vaz Te was utilised in midfield til he went off and they deployed the same tactics against Man City. It's also not quite the same as Spain when they go strikerless as they always bring their game on to the opposition. Allardyce is, as always, anti-football. West Ham, with their traditions, should boot him out, no wonder they were so quiet all game watching that drudge.

That free kick that Rat took where he had to keep moving it to the right place. He was the only player back for them and he wacked it 80 yards into the box, it was either that one or from a corner after that they must've had 4 of their 10 shots that half in quick succession. Its a pants way to play the game but with all those bodies behind the ball, and big units to boot, its really hard to break them down.

As for little Dick Perchcock. Do you mind if you don't post on this thread? I was hoping to talk football and clearly that just isn't possible with you.

I'd also love to engage you in a battle of wits but that wouldn't be fair either, you're clearly un-armed.

Why don't you just ignore him and stop driving people away from this site with your abuse?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:05 - Oct 28 with 1764 viewsDevz00

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:53 - Oct 28 by _

Spot on.

Yep. Vaz te off and Jarvis replaced him rather than Carlton Cole! So they still put 6 in midfield. They did the same against Spurs and won 3-0 so you can't blame him for trying. I agree though that it's boring to watch. It's got them results so far and they could easily have beaten us yesterday on the amount of chances they had from corners in the first half.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 11:06]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:05 - Oct 28 with 1760 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:04 - Oct 28 by Darran

Why don't you just ignore him and stop driving people away from this site with your abuse?

Can we keep this thread to football by any chance?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:14 - Oct 28 with 1727 viewsperchrockjack

Let me get this right.
A man who posts solely to post abuse is telling me not to post.
If this is arrogance in its purist form then dunno what is.
Stick to football. FFS.

I did challenge you to post without abuse for the rest of this season and I would give a contribution to a charity of your choice. The fact you re completely unable to do so says much.
I am going nowhere so you have a clear choice. Either crawl away or entertain your chums in a private room.
You re also obsessed with dicks too or so it would seem.

And get the feck outta bed Tone. Im sinking fast

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:19 - Oct 28 with 1714 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:14 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

Let me get this right.
A man who posts solely to post abuse is telling me not to post.
If this is arrogance in its purist form then dunno what is.
Stick to football. FFS.

I did challenge you to post without abuse for the rest of this season and I would give a contribution to a charity of your choice. The fact you re completely unable to do so says much.
I am going nowhere so you have a clear choice. Either crawl away or entertain your chums in a private room.
You re also obsessed with dicks too or so it would seem.

And get the feck outta bed Tone. Im sinking fast

"""A man who posts solely to post abuse is telling me not to post. """

Hmmm, read the OP.

Please, Dick, go away.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:20 - Oct 28 with 1708 viewsAnotherJohn

A draw can be fine in the right circumstances. What disappointed me with this one is that we played against an under-strength West Ham team and never looked like breaking them down. Had Carroll been playing I think we would have been in big trouble. Last season we stuttered to draws against several of the lower teams, but sneaked wins against some teams near the top. We are losing against the pacesetters this season and, if we don't put away depleted teams like WHU, then that 3 points between us and the relegation zone will soon be gone. The chinks of light for me were Ash and Padlo coming back, and we'll have to hope that makes a difference.
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:22 - Oct 28 with 1703 viewsperchrockjack

Football then .
1. We re in a good position at the present time in the PL
2. We have players who are not performing at their best
3. We have a chap that bangs a drum in the East stand-not exactly John Bonham but keen.
4.We have an expensive acquisition up front who can be utilised better.
5.We face a big game at Cardiff next week and on the Sabbath Day too.
6.We have fans who have different opinions.
Think that's it

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:23 - Oct 28 with 1700 viewsJonTheJack

I can't really disagree with much of the OP.

I wouldn't go as far to say that Canas is better than Leon, we just need to use their characteristics according to who we're playing. i.e., playing Leon away from home where his hard work is needed and Canas at home where he can create a little more with our increased possession.

Yesterday was frustrating, but another clean sheet is a positive to go with Ash and Pablo's return.
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:24 - Oct 28 with 1696 viewslifelong

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:20 - Oct 28 by AnotherJohn

A draw can be fine in the right circumstances. What disappointed me with this one is that we played against an under-strength West Ham team and never looked like breaking them down. Had Carroll been playing I think we would have been in big trouble. Last season we stuttered to draws against several of the lower teams, but sneaked wins against some teams near the top. We are losing against the pacesetters this season and, if we don't put away depleted teams like WHU, then that 3 points between us and the relegation zone will soon be gone. The chinks of light for me were Ash and Padlo coming back, and we'll have to hope that makes a difference.

We could be up a creek without a padlo.
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:25 - Oct 28 with 1681 viewsperchrockjack

You re not reading things chrissy are you.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? - See more at: http://www.fa on 11:25 - Oct 28 with 1675 viewsDevz00

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:20 - Oct 28 by AnotherJohn

I agree that if Carroll was playing then they might have put one of their chances away.

However, if Carroll was playing they would almost certainly have not played with him in midfield/on the wing like they did with Vaz Te. So it probably would have helped us as they'd have put him up front and had less in midfield.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 11:28]

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:28 - Oct 28 with 1660 viewsDarran

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:05 - Oct 28 by _

Can we keep this thread to football by any chance?

Yes we can if you cut the abuse.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:29 - Oct 28 with 1655 views_

A bit harsh again.

Under-strength for them means no Andy Carroll? But that has maybe worked against us not for us.

They have gone to Newcastle, Southampton and Spurs and have not conceded a goal.

As much as it's a fact we are 3 points from the relegation zone, it's also a fact we are 8 places. Half the teams in this league are below us. Every point means so much, goal difference too. We are where we deserve to be, perhaps lower with the Soton game, that's just the way it is...

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:29 - Oct 28 with 1654 viewsperchrockjack

A lot might change before we get to May.

Its out of the fans hands and we trust the players and Laudrup gets it right..

The squabbles fans have is of nothing; it really is all about the team and club

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024