Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? 12:45 - Apr 29 with 1485 viewsParlay

We are currently shaping up to what is looking like an excellent side.

I was thinking with Jonjo being so young and so talented, do you think he has the passion for Swansea to be a long and commited servent to us like Gerrard has been for Liverpool? The lad looks to be an absolute snip at £5m.

Id love to think we can have a side with him as our lynchpin driving force for years to come. He makes things happen. Will only get better.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 12:57 - Apr 29 with 1429 viewsRogueTrooper

Can Shelvey be our Leon?

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:03 - Apr 29 with 1409 viewsParlay

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 12:57 - Apr 29 by RogueTrooper

Can Shelvey be our Leon?

Shelvey is too attacking to be our new Leon.

I think Joe Allen could be our new Leon if allowed to come back, he likes to play more advances but he is hardly what one would call an attacking midfielder. Hes nippy, tenacious, good passer and has a low center of gravity.

Forum celebrity

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:06 - Apr 29 with 1392 viewsRogueTrooper

Leon was a winger when he first got here, but I meant in stature in my original comment

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:06 - Apr 29 with 1390 viewsJackSomething

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:03 - Apr 29 by Parlay

I think Joe Allen could be our new Leon if allowed to come back, he likes to play more advances but he is hardly what one would call an attacking midfielder. Hes nippy, tenacious, good passer and has a low center of gravity.

I'm inclined to agree.

With all due respect to Leon and how important he has been/is to us, making Shelvey his long-term replacement would be a waste of Shelvey's talent. Plus I doubt he'd ever have the discipline to play that role.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:08 - Apr 29 with 1372 viewsJackSomething

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:06 - Apr 29 by RogueTrooper

Leon was a winger when he first got here, but I meant in stature in my original comment

That makes more sense.

It's funny to think back on Leon when he first joined us. The tiny little winger with his bag of tricks, regularly getting fouled by opponents he'd just bedazzled. Who would have thought he'd go on to play the role he has for us?

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:12 - Apr 29 with 1355 viewsQuakerJack

Could Nathan be moved and adapted into that position? Very similar player to what Leon was when we first got him and technically very good with ball at his feet...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:18 - Apr 29 with 1323 viewsParlay

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:08 - Apr 29 by JackSomething

That makes more sense.

It's funny to think back on Leon when he first joined us. The tiny little winger with his bag of tricks, regularly getting fouled by opponents he'd just bedazzled. Who would have thought he'd go on to play the role he has for us?

He was one of the most skillful players id seen at the time. Step overs, backheels, nutmegs.... Its quite amazing how disciplined he is considering what his game revolved around for so long.

I miss those dazzling red booted step overs but the foresight to switch him to his current position is literally genius.

Forum celebrity

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:28 - Apr 29 with 1265 viewsJackSomething

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:18 - Apr 29 by Parlay

He was one of the most skillful players id seen at the time. Step overs, backheels, nutmegs.... Its quite amazing how disciplined he is considering what his game revolved around for so long.

I miss those dazzling red booted step overs but the foresight to switch him to his current position is literally genius.

Take a bow Kenny Jackett.

Not everyone is going to like that.

Login to get fewer ads

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:29 - Apr 29 with 1253 viewsStarsky

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:03 - Apr 29 by Parlay

Shelvey can be our new Ferrie Bodde

It's just the internet, init.

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:31 - Apr 29 with 1242 viewsblaine_scfc

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:28 - Apr 29 by JackSomething

Take a bow Kenny Jackett.

Not everyone is going to like that.

Was it Jackett who changed his position?

Thought it was Martinez
Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:38 - Apr 29 with 1201 viewsFar_Post

Jonjo has certainly impressed this season. I still am a bit worried everytime he picks up the ball in our half of the field as he sometimes tries passes which just are not on but in the attacking half of the field he has a lot going for him. The game against Villa was a perfect example, he setup two goals and scored a fantastic goal himself.

He is a totally different player to Leon but can become a very important player for us as he develops.

Blog: The C Word

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:38 - Apr 29 with 1199 viewsSpratty

Being Liverpool's new Gerrard possibly would hold more long term appeal to him
Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:39 - Apr 29 with 1194 viewsJackSomething

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:31 - Apr 29 by blaine_scfc

Was it Jackett who changed his position?

Thought it was Martinez

To be honest, I've been racking my brain since making that post.

I know it was once we were at the Liberty, but can't remember exactly when. I've been looking at lineups from Jackett's time and can see Britton playing at the same time as McLeod and Robinson, suggesting he was playing in centre midfield, but I'm sure someone will have a definitive answer.

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:39 - Apr 29 with 1193 viewsIAN05

I thought hr came as a midfielder but was made into a winger by Kenny Jackett, then Martinez moved him to central midfield ???
Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:55 - Apr 29 with 1142 viewsParlay

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:39 - Apr 29 by IAN05

I thought hr came as a midfielder but was made into a winger by Kenny Jackett, then Martinez moved him to central midfield ???

Thats how i remember it too but not 100%

Forum celebrity

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 14:13 - Apr 29 with 1090 viewsDrizzy

Can Shelvey be our Shelvey?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 14:44 - Apr 29 with 1029 viewstomdickharry

Next season Shelvey will be an even better player,the summer to recharge his batteries in the Swansea Valley sunshine,physically more capably of meeting the demands of the PL and the key more experienced,in fact well on the way to being a top,top midfield player,a snip at £5M the one diamond that Judas 2 sold on the cheap.As for Joe with Lalana going to Liverpool it may be that a move back to an established PL club and game time every week will suit him and us.
Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 15:09 - Apr 29 with 998 viewsClinton

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:12 - Apr 29 by QuakerJack

Could Nathan be moved and adapted into that position? Very similar player to what Leon was when we first got him and technically very good with ball at his feet...

Worth a try. Good in the tackle. Good on the ball. What's not to like. Good call.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 15:24 - Apr 29 with 974 viewshammy

I think Gerrard has become the new Shelvey, with that mistake to gift Ba the goal on Sunday ;)

Shelvey is a very talented player and seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds now that he is a first choice starter. The goals he has scored against Villa, Liverpool and Fulham this season were as good as Gerrard in his prime. Be great to see him pushing on next year and helping Bony to become a 30 PL goals per season player !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 18:26 - Apr 29 with 808 viewsDr_Winston

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 13:39 - Apr 29 by JackSomething

To be honest, I've been racking my brain since making that post.

I know it was once we were at the Liberty, but can't remember exactly when. I've been looking at lineups from Jackett's time and can see Britton playing at the same time as McLeod and Robinson, suggesting he was playing in centre midfield, but I'm sure someone will have a definitive answer.

Think he flitted between a couple of positions under KJ. Mostly out wide. Didn't do too badly there either from what I can remember of the figures I used to keep.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 18:47 - Apr 29 with 785 viewsItchySphincter

Leon used to play outside Martinez when were at the Vetch, great partnership it was too. He was the main tricks/flair player until Trundle came along. When Martinez started to fade and was in and out of the side Leon tucked in more with Andy Robinson taking the wide role. Jackett it was that started moving him in iirc.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 20:16 - Apr 29 with 689 viewsDanielswan

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 14:13 - Apr 29 by Drizzy

This

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 22:15 - Apr 29 with 597 viewsjeza739

KJ didn't always play LB. When he was here o loan initially he played alongside RM. KJ moved him out wide when selected coz he wasn't big and physical enough. Hence why KJ changed KO'L from centre half and played OTJ ahead of RM
When RM took over he immediately changed LB back to his current role
Can Shelvey be our Gerrard? on 09:37 - Apr 30 with 461 viewsjacksinceever

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024