Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Health Workers on Strike. 09:55 - Oct 13 with 4937 viewslifelong

Including Midwives.

What sort of state is the country in for these people to find in necessary to take such action?
Health Workers on Strike. on 10:14 - Oct 13 with 2137 viewsjohnlangy

Are you criticizing them or the country ?
Health Workers on Strike. on 10:21 - Oct 13 with 2131 viewslifelong

Health Workers on Strike. on 10:14 - Oct 13 by johnlangy

Are you criticizing them or the country ?

The country.

For people who carry out such vital work to find it necessary to take strike action means there is something radically wrong with the priorities of the people who run this country.
Health Workers on Strike. on 10:34 - Oct 13 with 2123 views1jack

Haven't had a pay rise for four years, offering them 1%, yet politicians give themselves a 10% pay rise every year. I think the whole country should go on strike, try and bring these fcuking idiots running the country down a peg or two.
Health Workers on Strike. on 10:37 - Oct 13 with 2115 viewsepaul

Solidarity with the strikers Jeremy (C)unt the Health secretary a millionaire gets an 11% pay rise nurse/ health workers 1% or an incremental rise, disgraceful

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Health Workers on Strike. on 11:08 - Oct 13 with 2081 viewsPegojack

It is interesting to note that local authority workers (of which I am one) were about to take similar strike action in support of the 1% pay rise, but the Local Government Authority backed down at the last second, the strike has been suspended and the word is that the pay demand is being met.

What is this tricky, despicable bunch of Tory bar stewards up to, settling with the LA workers, but not the NHS workers? Is this a case of divide and rule, or ar they trying to push the health workers to see how far they will go before they back down to them as well?

With my very cynical hat on, maybe with the election coming up, they didn't want to see further disruption in schools, it would upset voters too much, but are prepared to put up with some disruption in hospitals, because they know the health workers won't go the whole hog and put patients at risk.
Health Workers on Strike. on 11:09 - Oct 13 with 2081 viewsQuakerJack

They needn't worry, when Cameron privatises the NHS they'll be able to sell themselves to the highest bidder, just like train drivers did.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Health Workers on Strike. on 11:28 - Oct 13 with 2059 viewsskippyjack

Corruption and Politics.. Corruption and Banks.. Corruption and War.. Corruption and Health.. Corruption and Poverty.. life is just a game.. Corruption says play.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Health Workers on Strike. on 11:38 - Oct 13 with 2046 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Health Workers on Strike. on 10:37 - Oct 13 by epaul

Solidarity with the strikers Jeremy (C)unt the Health secretary a millionaire gets an 11% pay rise nurse/ health workers 1% or an incremental rise, disgraceful

Amen to that brother.

Good luck to all those striking this week .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Health Workers on Strike. on 11:57 - Oct 13 with 2025 viewsYrAlarch

I support the Health Service workers. 1% of peanuts is all they are asking for. Everybody else (particularly those running the country) are busy lining their pockets whilst shafting those working in the public service. The sooner we get rid of this elitist government, the better. As long as the LibDems don't hold the balance of power.
Btw I don't work in the Health Service.
Health Workers on Strike. on 12:06 - Oct 13 with 2022 viewsjohnlangy

Health Workers on Strike. on 10:21 - Oct 13 by lifelong

The country.

For people who carry out such vital work to find it necessary to take strike action means there is something radically wrong with the priorities of the people who run this country.

Good. Just checking. As regards the argument that MP's pay should not go up by 10% there's a bit of a conundrum (correct word ?) here.

Just about all of us complain that politicians are out of touch with the average man/woman which is true. One way of putting that right would be for ordinary men/women to be elected as MP's as used to happen. BUT nowadays, if someone from my profession before I retired (computing) had got elected then lost their seat at the next election they would be virtually unemployable as technology would have moved on so much in that 5 years. The result is that no one would take a chance. The same applies to the vast majority of people and the only ones who can afford to do it are the rich bastards who currently make up the government and the shadow cabinet. Even Farage is a Public school educated ex Banker.

So, the argument could be made that MP's should be paid enough that normal people would consider the 5 years at £??,???, or even £???,??? would make it worth while.

Just a thought.
Health Workers on Strike. on 12:15 - Oct 13 with 2010 viewsskippyjack

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:06 - Oct 13 by johnlangy

Good. Just checking. As regards the argument that MP's pay should not go up by 10% there's a bit of a conundrum (correct word ?) here.

Just about all of us complain that politicians are out of touch with the average man/woman which is true. One way of putting that right would be for ordinary men/women to be elected as MP's as used to happen. BUT nowadays, if someone from my profession before I retired (computing) had got elected then lost their seat at the next election they would be virtually unemployable as technology would have moved on so much in that 5 years. The result is that no one would take a chance. The same applies to the vast majority of people and the only ones who can afford to do it are the rich bastards who currently make up the government and the shadow cabinet. Even Farage is a Public school educated ex Banker.

So, the argument could be made that MP's should be paid enough that normal people would consider the 5 years at £??,???, or even £???,??? would make it worth while.

Just a thought.

The Government will target you if you oppose.. the strikers might be given a pay rise.. but you watch what happens in the aftermath.. names will be written and sent to headquarters.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:16 - Oct 13 with 2009 viewsjack_lord

My wife is a health worker and I think that she is doing a fine job. Should public workers get pay rises just because they work in the public sector though?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:26 - Oct 13 with 1998 viewsItchySphincter

Give them the pay rise they want, cost of living, inflationary, performance related, etc and do away with all the silly perks, benefits and pension plans that those of us in the private sector have to subsidise whilst going without. Put the taxes raised towards the NHS rather than the middle aged retirees from the local authorities, teaching and health. That might help.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:41 - Oct 13 with 1975 viewsperchrockjack

Yep and good luck to those who s lives could be in danger because of this..
Solidarity indeed.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:41 - Oct 13 with 1980 viewsepaul

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/governments-reorganisation-of-the-

The Government’s reorganisation of the NHS was its biggest “mistake”, senior Conservatives have reportedly admitted.

Labour has pledged to repeal the “toxic” 2012 Health and Social Care Act, which saw a major restructuring of how the NHS is funded. Some claim the bill was designed to pave the way for private firms to take over much of the running of the health service or even its privatisation.

Experts said the reorganisation, which is estimated to have cost about £3bn, had caused “profound and intense” damage to the NHS with one saying former Health Secretary, Andrew Lansley, would be facing disciplinary action if he had been a doctor.

A senior Cabinet minister told The Times newspaper: “We’ve made three mistakes that I regret, the first being restructuring the NHS. The rest are minor.”

One insider said the plans, which were drawn up by Mr Lansley, were “unintelligible gobbledygook” and an ally of Chancellor George Osborne said: “George kicks himself for not having spotted it and stopped it. He had the opportunity then and he didn’t take it.”

A former No 10 adviser also told The Times: “No one apart from Lansley had a clue what he was really embarking on, certainly not the Prime Minister. He [Lansley] kept saying his grand plans had the backing of the medical establishment and we trusted him. In retrospect it was a mistake.”

In numbers: the NHS crisis
1 of 7
The NHS crisis
Next
The NHS crisisThe NHS crisisThe NHS crisisThe NHS crisisThe NHS crisisThe NHS crisisThe NHS crisis
Experts were scathing about the off-the-record admissions.

Mark Porter, chairman of the British Medical Association’s governing council, said: “Rather than listening to the concerns of patients, the public and frontline staff who vigorously opposed the top-down reorganisation, politicians shamefully chose to stick their head in the sand and plough on regardless.

“The damage done to the NHS has been profound and intense, so this road to Damascus moment is too little too late and will be of no comfort to patients whose care has suffered.”

Others said the bill had distracted from the need to find efficiency savings because of a looming £20bn funding gap caused by rising demand.

Chris Ham, chief executive of the respected King’s Fund think-tank, said: “You’ve got leaders in the NHS rearranging the deck chairs when we’re about to hit the iceberg.”

Clare Gerada, who was chairwoman of the Royal College of GPs until 2013, said politicians and policymakers “need to have a long, hard look at themselves”.

“They are saying this now but they should have said it then. The big issue is that nobody has been held accountable for it. If Mr Lansley was a doctor, he would have been referred to the General Medical Council,” she said.

However the Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, defended his predecessor.

“Andrew’s structural changes are saving the NHS more than £1bn a year. Because of that we can employ 7,000 more doctors and 3,500 more nurses,” he said.

“We wouldn’t be delivering nearly a million more operations a year or be able to put more resources on the front line without what he did.

“The difficult question for those who complain about Andrew’s reforms is where would we have found the money otherwise?”

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:42 - Oct 13 with 1971 viewslifelong

Midwives and other Health workers are in the 'front line' and face life or death decisions on a regular basis, they should be well rewarded for the excellent work they do, spend a couple of days in a busy maternity unit and argue otherwise.

I have very little time for Head Teachers, Senior Civil Servants and Barristers who talk about strike action but these health workers have my full support.
Health Workers on Strike. on 12:46 - Oct 13 with 1965 viewsperchrockjack

This copy and paste sure is handy..
Just hope it doesn't spread and people having life saving treatment aren't affected ..

Anyone will e feckn brain can see this is appalling- the fact that people in such professions feel the need to strike.

Same old Trotsky solidarity tripe . If it spreads, the dead will have to wait to be buried as it was the case in the 70s..

Nursing was a vocation.

All down to Tories again.. talk about a broken record

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:47 - Oct 13 with 1968 viewsepaul

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:26 - Oct 13 by ItchySphincter

Give them the pay rise they want, cost of living, inflationary, performance related, etc and do away with all the silly perks, benefits and pension plans that those of us in the private sector have to subsidise whilst going without. Put the taxes raised towards the NHS rather than the middle aged retirees from the local authorities, teaching and health. That might help.

In real terms since 2010 pay has gone down by 20%

Health Workers on Strike. on 12:49 - Oct 13 with 1956 viewsperchrockjack

so fooking what.. its the way of the world.

Look around you and there s not that many starving..

PEOPLE could die because of this and its unforgivable..

All emergency services should not be allowed to strike..

Strikes though do excite people

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:01 - Oct 13 with 1937 viewsClinton

What sort of state is the country in ?
It's drowning in debt.
Not the midwives fault, but there is a necessity to relentlessly bear down on spending.
It's not widely reported, but there will be the need for lots more cuts before the UK drags itself out of debts. The alternative is tax rises, none of the political parties is offering the opportunity to have tax rises instead of spending cuts.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:27 - Oct 13 with 1908 viewsdickythorpe

What a mess!! I hope those striking get what they want - they deserve more money for sure.
Health Workers on Strike. on 13:47 - Oct 13 with 1880 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:27 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

What a mess!! I hope those striking get what they want - they deserve more money for sure.

Indeed they do .

They are not being listened to & were forced to take such action.
They are certainly not striking for a couple of hours off .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:47 - Oct 13 with 1879 viewsjack_lord

As Richard has said, it is the 1970's all over again and I had been thinking this earlier today. I wonder if the Labour Party will get blamed this time?
The problem for me, is that it is public money. This is raised from a variety of sources including our taxes and therefore our money but obviously it cannot be thrown about because people need more. There is no way that the private sector would be able to give pay rises in these circumstances. My pay (and I hate my company for it) has not seen a rise for at least six years but my company say that they can't afford it as they are in a competitive environment and everyone else is also cutting costs to survive.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:48 - Oct 13 with 1877 viewsepaul

No one will die, it's 4 hours only provisions have been put in place for any emergencies. Govt has killed more people, with it's austerity cuts, than any care workers for striking 4 hours only.

As of yet haven't seen any reports of anyone dying because health workers are being selfish for striking for an amount that was recommended but refused by the health minister yet MPS get their 11% pay rise. Oh and lets not forget the amount of NHS that has already been sold off so far to "friends of those in govt" earning them millions

Yep damn those selfish health workers many who are on the breadline for wanting what was recommended

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:52 - Oct 13 with 1871 viewsskippyjack

Health Workers on Strike. on 13:47 - Oct 13 by jack_lord

As Richard has said, it is the 1970's all over again and I had been thinking this earlier today. I wonder if the Labour Party will get blamed this time?
The problem for me, is that it is public money. This is raised from a variety of sources including our taxes and therefore our money but obviously it cannot be thrown about because people need more. There is no way that the private sector would be able to give pay rises in these circumstances. My pay (and I hate my company for it) has not seen a rise for at least six years but my company say that they can't afford it as they are in a competitive environment and everyone else is also cutting costs to survive.

It's the Tory philosophy.. target the poor.. make cuts.. survival of the fittest.
Labour philosophy.. spend, spend, spend on nothing.. start wars.. get into debt.

Any more to add.. epaul?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024