Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? 18:19 - Feb 24 with 14680 viewsJackSwanTV

Issue #34 of the best magazine in Swansea; Jack Swan. Please share with the world.

http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue34

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 18:30 - Feb 24 with 7093 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Can't say I particularly care for it, and I suppose it's a good thing Americans like me don't need your permission to support the team.

But whatever floats your boat I guess.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 18:32]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 18:50 - Feb 24 with 7033 viewsoldcob

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 18:30 - Feb 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Can't say I particularly care for it, and I suppose it's a good thing Americans like me don't need your permission to support the team.

Not in the best of taste is it? As a magazine representing our support, I don't think we should take a chance on offending any of our supporters. No-one can have too many fans.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 18:54 - Feb 24 with 7017 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 18:50 - Feb 24 by oldcob

Not in the best of taste is it? As a magazine representing our support, I don't think we should take a chance on offending any of our supporters. No-one can have too many fans.

Thanks, and America is Swansea's best opportunity for growth as a market of support. I'm a good example.

NBC just began showing ALL Premier League games (all 10 games each week are free on NBC Sports and NBC Alt Channels for most cable subscribers) at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season. I'd conservatively estimate that PL fandom in the USA has more than doubled in less than two seasons since then.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 18:56]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:22 - Feb 24 with 6952 viewsGowerjack

Shows a complete lack of class.

What will our American fans think of that?

Shameful.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:30 - Feb 24 with 6920 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Tummer pretty much sums it up. I don't particularly care for it, but whatever floats your boat I guess...

I will say as someone whose been supporting Swansea since 1991 I personally find it rather disappointing that someone who issues a magazine would stoop to that level. I'm against American ownership of the club as well, even though I'm American myself, and what corporate America stands for and what that flag stands for are two totally different things.

However, it's your call. I've enjoyed your magazine and will continue to either way.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:39 - Feb 24 with 6895 viewsnantywatcher

Over the last couple of days our standards have dropped (led by a director would you believe) Lose our humility and we lose everything!
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:39 - Feb 24 with 6894 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cheap and nasty.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:41 - Feb 24 with 6869 viewsjacabertawe

Unnecessary and offensive. Grow up.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Login to get fewer ads

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:46 - Feb 24 with 6850 viewsLeonisGod

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 18:30 - Feb 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Tsk, typical touchy yank. I'd have thought you'd be used to people burning your flag by now .

To the OP - bit too inflammatory for my liking, but it certainly grabs the attention.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:50 - Feb 24 with 6843 viewsJackanapes

Dear god. From laughable to lamentable.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:53 - Feb 24 with 6826 viewsswan_si

Disgraceful

have a pop at Moores and Noell (or what ever their names are)if you must, but to disrespect all of America is f*cking ridiculous and shameful, i hope by burning that flag, we are not burning any bridges.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 19:57]
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:53 - Feb 24 with 6826 viewsWxmJax

I suppose someone must have found it funny. Just not anyone on here.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:02 - Feb 24 with 6792 viewsLeonisGod

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:53 - Feb 24 by WxmJax

I suppose someone must have found it funny. Just not anyone on here.

Maybe he's pitching for the Afghan market?
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:22 - Feb 24 with 6748 viewsNookiejack

I don't like it at all. Agree hate to think what our American fans will think.

Would wind a lot of people over here if people in states started to burn our Welsh flag.

Maybe it should have been two carpet baggers - on their way home with an empty wagon - something like that.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:25 - Feb 24 with 6738 viewslatchford

Disrespectful in my opinion. I agree it shows a total lack of class, isn't funny and embarrassing.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:27 - Feb 24 with 6731 viewslatchford

My firm had enquired about advertising in this fanzine but certainly won't be now
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:36 - Feb 24 with 6693 viewsStarsky

Jackswan... I wonder if any of your advertisers would have objected if they knew you were going to pull that stunt.
Tasteless and embarrassing.

It's just the internet, init.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:39 - Feb 24 with 6680 viewsStarsky

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:02 - Feb 24 by LeonisGod

Maybe he's pitching for the Afghan market?

Oh FFS...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 20:47]

It's just the internet, init.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:44 - Feb 24 with 6652 viewsperchrockjack

Amazing that yanks get pelters but Russia basically don't.
Some really don't know arse from elbow

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:45 - Feb 24 with 6651 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 19:46 - Feb 24 by LeonisGod

Tsk, typical touchy yank. I'd have thought you'd be used to people burning your flag by now .

To the OP - bit too inflammatory for my liking, but it certainly grabs the attention.

Ha! Yeah, but this one seems to be quite a stretch. Burning the flag just because the guy happens to be from San Diego.

Now if he had burned the California flag, I would be cool with that. ;-) (just kidding I love California; we Texans just have a bit of a complicated rivalry with them.)

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:46 - Feb 24 with 6650 viewsexiledclaseboy

It depends if you think being deliberately and outlandishly offensive is "controversial".

I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked the link but it wasn't that. I'm embarrassed for you.

Poll: Tory leader

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 6620 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:44 - Feb 24 by perchrockjack

Amazing that yanks get pelters but Russia basically don't.
Some really don't know arse from elbow

I don't think burning a Russian flag would have worked

Maybe next year !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:56 - Feb 24 with 6597 viewsperchrockjack

Inn bygone days, people did what they could to escape .that was East to west.

Apart from philby, McLean and chums nobodybreally went East.

We go west to usa for holidays, visit family and have fun in a free country. It ain't perfect but USA for me every time

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:56 - Feb 24 with 6597 viewsLeonisGod

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 20:45 - Feb 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ha! Yeah, but this one seems to be quite a stretch. Burning the flag just because the guy happens to be from San Diego.

Now if he had burned the California flag, I would be cool with that. ;-) (just kidding I love California; we Texans just have a bit of a complicated rivalry with them.)

First time I visited the states, a guy from San Fran told me 'remember that the further west and then north you go, the more relaxed the people. The further east and then South, the more up tight'. No idea if that's really true, but for some reason I rembered it. I certainly enjoyed Seattle. Never been to Texas though(or California).
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:05 - Feb 24 with 6552 viewsNeath_Jack

It's obvious what you mean by the photo, a big two fingers up to the American "Investors". People will always find a reason to take offence, even when it is patently obvious that you are not intending to offend the normal American fan. But on the other hand, people get awfully touchy about flags.

I'll get the outrage bus out the garage for you.

#JesuisJackSwanTv

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024