Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Truth About Sugar. 21:32 - Mar 19 with 4734 viewslifelong

On BBC1 now.

Very interesting, no wonder there are so many over weight people about with the amount of sugar packed into some food.
The Truth About Sugar. on 21:33 - Mar 19 with 2553 viewsJackfath

Fruit juice is a killer too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Truth About Sugar. on 21:36 - Mar 19 with 2543 viewsMrSwerve

Thought Alan Sugar had been caught by yewtree for a second then.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Truth About Sugar. on 21:37 - Mar 19 with 2540 viewsJackfath

The Truth About Sugar. on 21:36 - Mar 19 by MrSwerve

Thought Alan Sugar had been caught by yewtree for a second then.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Truth About Sugar. on 21:38 - Mar 19 with 2533 viewsJackfath

They're building up fruit as the answer. To much fresh fruit though is just as bad.

The Truth About Sugar. on 22:06 - Mar 19 with 2496 viewsmonmouth

The Truth About Sugar. on 21:38 - Mar 19 by Jackfath

They're building up fruit as the answer. To much fresh fruit though is just as bad.

Allegedly you can't eat enough fruit because of the fibre to make it an issue. I can. I can eat huge amounts of anything.

Apparently, the sugar industry has lobbied and paid politicians and threatened lawsuits since the truth started leaking out in the 60s to keep this quiet, and the received wisdom was deliberately manipulated to target far less dangerous and damaging fats. I didn't realise that the savoury things had so much and even bran flakes ffs. Companies are scum.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Truth About Sugar. on 22:14 - Mar 19 with 2483 viewslifelong

The Truth About Sugar. on 22:06 - Mar 19 by monmouth

Allegedly you can't eat enough fruit because of the fibre to make it an issue. I can. I can eat huge amounts of anything.

Apparently, the sugar industry has lobbied and paid politicians and threatened lawsuits since the truth started leaking out in the 60s to keep this quiet, and the received wisdom was deliberately manipulated to target far less dangerous and damaging fats. I didn't realise that the savoury things had so much and even bran flakes ffs. Companies are scum.

How many people actually check the labels in relation to what they eat?

Some of the products highlighted in that program this evening should have health warnings on them.
The Truth About Sugar. on 23:00 - Mar 19 with 2439 viewsperchrockjack

Missus only are fruit for lunch but still got diabetes 2 borderline case.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Truth About Sugar. on 07:55 - Mar 21 with 2316 viewswaynekerr55

Cut down on carbs, don't fear fat as it's essential for hormones and brain transport, and get your vitamins and minerals in

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The Truth About Sugar. on 11:09 - Mar 21 with 2254 viewsC_jack

As with anything, moderation and sensibility

We all need sugar, especially in the morning before a working day.

The problem is these companies advertising 'sugar free' products, when it's packed with something else that is just bad, luring people into a false sense of security
[Post edited 21 Mar 2015 11:10]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Truth About Sugar. on 11:36 - Mar 21 with 2234 viewsmax936

The Truth About Sugar. on 07:55 - Mar 21 by waynekerr55

Cut down on carbs, don't fear fat as it's essential for hormones and brain transport, and get your vitamins and minerals in

Complex carbs like Quinoa is the way forward waynekerr55, can't stand it myself though

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Truth About Sugar. on 12:04 - Mar 21 with 2227 viewssherpajacob

Never eat anything labelled as fat free, because they've just replaced the fat with sugar.
Simple answer is don't eat anything processed and packaged.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Truth About Sugar. on 13:00 - Mar 21 with 2212 viewswaynekerr55

The Truth About Sugar. on 11:36 - Mar 21 by max936

Complex carbs like Quinoa is the way forward waynekerr55, can't stand it myself though

Yeah starch is better then sugar but watch when you eat it. Replace some or all of your evening carbs with veg or salad and watch the weight drop off.

The Truth About Sugar. on 13:20 - Mar 21 with 2193 viewscontroversial_jack

The weight does fall off if you cut out carbs, but have enough fibre or you will have constipation. A carb free diet is basically a glorified Atkins diet. It's a short term fix at best
The Truth About Sugar. on 13:51 - Mar 21 with 2183 viewslibertine

I've struggled with weight for years

even though I don't eat much (and all I eat is healthy, I realise healthy cals are the same as unhealthy cals)

1200 cals a day ish somedays less somedays more

no breakfast lunch 2pm soup 2/300 cals afternoon tea yoghurt 200 cals 8pm dinner veg and chicken 4-5-600cals and an orange
tea and coffee throught the day x6 no sugar

where am I going wrong

also I take amitrtrypline and gabapentin and codeine pain killers
The Truth About Sugar. on 18:24 - Mar 21 with 2132 viewsSwanjack10

The Truth About Sugar. on 13:51 - Mar 21 by libertine

even though I don't eat much (and all I eat is healthy, I realise healthy cals are the same as unhealthy cals)

no breakfast lunch 2pm soup 2/300 cals afternoon tea yoghurt 200 cals 8pm dinner veg and chicken 4-5-600cals and an orange

where am I going wrong

Those tabs will slow your metabloism down so fast so weight gain mate,exercise hard and get the drug sugar out of your body.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:26 - Mar 21 with 2127 viewsC_jack

The Truth About Sugar. on 13:51 - Mar 21 by libertine

where am I going wrong

No food until 2pm everyday? That's bonkers.

Eat less, more often throughout the day. Rather than eating a large amount in a short span of time.

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:36 - Mar 21 with 2114 viewsmonmouth

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:24 - Mar 21 by Swanjack10

Those tabs will slow your metabloism down so fast so weight gain mate,exercise hard and get the drug sugar out of your body.

Aye your body is smart. Keep starving it, it will adapt and store as much as fat as possible. Low calorie diets are a crock of sh1t except very short term. Cut out refined sugar and as Wayne says, easy on the carbs, exercise regularly, shouldn't be an issue.

PS apart from the exercise and the high calories I do almost none of the above, but know it works. I just don't give a f*ck about how I look and have no real interest in living much beyond 80, if that. The point of life aint to prolong life, it's to enjoy life.

The Truth About Sugar. on 19:04 - Mar 21 with 2099 viewslifelong

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:36 - Mar 21 by monmouth

Aye your body is smart. Keep starving it, it will adapt and store as much as fat as possible. Low calorie diets are a crock of sh1t except very short term. Cut out refined sugar and as Wayne says, easy on the carbs, exercise regularly, shouldn't be an issue.

PS apart from the exercise and the high calories I do almost none of the above, but know it works. I just don't give a f*ck about how I look and have no real interest in living much beyond 80, if that. The point of life aint to prolong life, it's to enjoy life.

I agree with what you say but there's no reason why you can't enjoy life past 80, providing you've got good health and are not too much of a burden... Why not?
The Truth About Sugar. on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 2080 viewsmonmouth

The Truth About Sugar. on 19:04 - Mar 21 by lifelong

I agree with what you say but there's no reason why you can't enjoy life past 80, providing you've got good health and are not too much of a burden... Why not?

I agree, and no doubt will agree more the closer I get to 80! I just picked an arbitrary age. lets say I have no wish to not enjoy life just to live a bit longer.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2015 19:18]

The Truth About Sugar. on 19:19 - Mar 21 with 2073 viewsC_jack

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:36 - Mar 21 by monmouth

And the reason why you see all those youngsters in Africa with bloated stomachs, its very hard to cheat the system.

The classic 'British' diet works well for me, good breakfast, small snacks throughout the day, meat and vegetables in the evening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z2csfg8

The Truth About Sugar. on 22:31 - Mar 22 with 1992 viewsEbo

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:24 - Mar 21 by Swanjack10

Breakfast is key mate, skipping it is a big no no. Try a banana and have a cup of warm water with a slice of lemon to get your metabolism kicking in.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Truth About Sugar. on 11:04 - Mar 23 with 1940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Truth About Sugar. on 22:31 - Mar 22 by Ebo

Breakfast is key mate, skipping it is a big no no. Try a banana and have a cup of warm water with a slice of lemon to get your metabolism kicking in.

Or a fry up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Truth About Sugar. on 14:57 - Mar 23 with 1885 viewsMillJack

The Truth About Sugar. on 18:26 - Mar 21 by C_jack

No food until 2pm everyday? That's bonkers.

Eat less, more often throughout the day. Rather than eating a large amount in a short span of time.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that eating "little and often" aids weight loss in any way.

On the contrary, intermittent fasting, including skipping breakfast and eating your calories in a set time period each day has proven effective in managing blood glucose levels and adding weight loss.

The long and short of it is that it is the quality of the food that is most important and eating less calories than you burn, etc. However, not all calories are created equal. It stands to reason that eating 2000cals of steak, or eating 2000cals of haribos, would cause different effects in the body.
The Truth About Sugar. on 15:03 - Mar 23 with 1879 viewswaynekerr55

The Truth About Sugar. on 14:57 - Mar 23 by MillJack

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that eating "little and often" aids weight loss in any way.

On the contrary, intermittent fasting, including skipping breakfast and eating your calories in a set time period each day has proven effective in managing blood glucose levels and adding weight loss.

The long and short of it is that it is the quality of the food that is most important and eating less calories than you burn, etc. However, not all calories are created equal. It stands to reason that eating 2000cals of steak, or eating 2000cals of haribos, would cause different effects in the body.

Eat like a king at breakfast

Like a prince at lunch

Like a pauper for dinner

The Truth About Sugar. on 15:09 - Mar 23 with 1871 viewsmonmouth

The Truth About Sugar. on 15:03 - Mar 23 by waynekerr55

Eat like a king at breakfast

Like a prince at lunch

Like a pauper for dinner

And eat like a starving loon at 10pm, horsing down everything in your fridge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024