Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award 14:13 - May 22 with 1720 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr

I'd be curious how the voting broke down and where Monk finished. I guess they don't share that?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 14:17 - May 22 with 1708 viewsairedale

Don't know if they do Tummer, but Koeman and Pardew would be there or thereabouts too imo.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 14:17]
So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 14:22 - May 22 with 1694 viewsBenJ94

Are you surprised? He was always going to have it.
So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 15:26 - May 22 with 1606 viewsTummer_from_Texas

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 14:22 - May 22 by BenJ94

Are you surprised? He was always going to have it.

If it's by default an award that goes to the manager of the champions, I guess not.

I'd be curious to see who the past winners were, if anybody's got a link to share.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 16:06 - May 22 with 1540 viewsRancid

Heard on the radio earlier it was between Mourinho, Monk and Pearson.Koeman spend nigh on 100m so that's him ruled out and rightly so.It should have been between Mourinho and Monk and Pardew even.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 16:09]
So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 17:31 - May 22 with 1462 viewsGlyn1

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 15:26 - May 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

If it's by default an award that goes to the manager of the champions, I guess not.

I'd be curious to see who the past winners were, if anybody's got a link to share.

Wasn't it Tony Pulis last year with Crystal Palace?

Mourinho is the correct choice for Manager of the Year, I don't think there's a better one in the division anyway. If you look at his record against the very top teams*, he won 8 of them, drew 5 of them, and lost only 1 of them, so he completely outplayed the other top managers. Equally validly, he's been extremely astute in the transfer market unlike, for instance, Van Gaal.

Garry did an excellent job but he's still learning his trade, and there's plenty of time for him to win this award.

What really puzzled me was the campaign for Nigel Pearson to get the award for getting Leicester out of trouble, since he was the one who got them into it in the first place. If we'd played the matches in reverse then those people would be putting Sam Allardyce forward, because both Allardyce and Pearson had one outstanding half of the season and one terrible one, just in a different order.

*Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and us - played 14 and lost only once.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 17:33]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 17:58 - May 22 with 1423 viewsApeShit

I don't think anyone can argue about Mourinho winning it this year.

I have no idea why Pearson would even be mentioned!
So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 18:42 - May 22 with 1358 viewsymaohyd

Morning deserved it. It should always go to the winner of the league, unless something remarkable happened. Pullis' efforts last year for me were in that category.

Garry Monk and Keegan have done exceptional jobs, no doubt, but in my opinion not enough to warrant being ahead of the special one.

What has annoyed me most is Savage putting Pearson above Monk!

Of late, yes Leicester have been excellent, but how on earth can you justify putting a manager of a club the size and history of Leicester, who finished a mile behind us above Garry Monk?

A backhanded compliment I suppose!?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 21:09 - May 22 with 1219 viewsSwansNZ

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 16:06 - May 22 by Rancid

Heard on the radio earlier it was between Mourinho, Monk and Pearson.Koeman spend nigh on 100m so that's him ruled out and rightly so.It should have been between Mourinho and Monk and Pardew even.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 16:09]

Nigel Pearson?
Fck me. They've had a good run to avoid relegation, nothing else. If he keeps them up tomorrow, how about John Carver.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 14:49 - May 23 with 1071 viewsJBT95

So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 18:42 - May 22 by ymaohyd

Morning deserved it. It should always go to the winner of the league, unless something remarkable happened. Pullis' efforts last year for me were in that category.

Garry Monk and Keegan have done exceptional jobs, no doubt, but in my opinion not enough to warrant being ahead of the special one.

What has annoyed me most is Savage putting Pearson above Monk!

Of late, yes Leicester have been excellent, but how on earth can you justify putting a manager of a club the size and history of Leicester, who finished a mile behind us above Garry Monk?

A backhanded compliment I suppose!?

ex Leicester City player...
So Mourinho wins the official PL Manager of the Year award on 15:23 - May 23 with 1046 viewsLohengrin

Mourinho's the benchmark, the master. I shouldn't imagine there was anybody harboured the slightest doubt he'd win.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024