Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More proof society is broken. 20:26 - Nov 19 with 2066 viewsJackfath

Makes me feel very sad and upset for the old man. I hope he recovers.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/teenagers-charged-robbery-86-year-old-ma

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

More proof society is broken. on 20:30 - Nov 19 with 1135 viewsLohengrin

Jesus wept!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

More proof society is broken. on 20:35 - Nov 19 with 1121 viewsexiledclaseboy

Poor old bugger will probably be afraid to ever venture out again on his own.

Poll: Tory leader

More proof society is broken. on 20:39 - Nov 19 with 1102 viewsLohengrin

What sort of a society is it that can produce both the selfless and scum?

More proof society is broken. on 20:42 - Nov 19 with 1096 viewsexiledclaseboy

More proof society is broken. on 20:39 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

Any society that has human beings in it.

More proof society is broken. on 20:43 - Nov 19 with 1091 viewsLohengrin

More proof society is broken. on 20:42 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

Any society that has human beings in it.

There's more to it than that.

More proof society is broken. on 20:44 - Nov 19 with 1085 viewsexiledclaseboy

More proof society is broken. on 20:43 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

There's more to it than that.

There really isn't. In any large gathering of people you will find varying degrees of good and scum.

More proof society is broken. on 20:46 - Nov 19 with 1067 viewsJackfath

More proof society is broken. on 20:44 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

There really isn't. In any large gathering of people you will find varying degrees of good and scum.

Has this sort of incident always happened and it's only in the age of social media reporting /the internet we are seeing more of it? Or is there a definite trend in this sort of anti social abhorrent behaviour?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

More proof society is broken. on 20:47 - Nov 19 with 1055 viewsLohengrin

More proof society is broken. on 20:44 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

What makes for defective people then? What on earth would possess somebody, aside from the Devil, to attack an 86-year-old? I can't begin to understand it.

Login to get fewer ads

More proof society is broken. on 20:49 - Nov 19 with 1046 viewsJackfath

More proof society is broken. on 20:47 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

What makes for defective people then? What on earth would possess somebody, aside from the Devil, to attack an 86-year-old? I can't begin to understand it.

Drugs, most probably.

More proof society is broken. on 20:49 - Nov 19 with 1041 viewslifelong

Probably drugged up and wanting more money for drugs.
More proof society is broken. on 20:50 - Nov 19 with 1032 viewsexiledclaseboy

More proof society is broken. on 20:47 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

Neither can I and I wouldn't expect either of us to be able to comprehend how anyone can do something like this.

More proof society is broken. on 20:52 - Nov 19 with 1023 viewsexiledclaseboy

More proof society is broken. on 20:46 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

Has this sort of incident always happened and it's only in the age of social media reporting /the internet we are seeing more of it? Or is there a definite trend in this sort of anti social abhorrent behaviour?

I dint know I wasn't around back then. But my guess is that this type of act has always happened.

More proof society is broken. on 20:53 - Nov 19 with 1018 viewsLohengrin

More proof society is broken. on 20:50 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

Neither can I and I wouldn't expect either of us to be able to comprehend how anyone can do something like this.

It's mind-numbing, it really is.

More proof society is broken. on 20:56 - Nov 19 with 996 viewsFlashberryjack

More proof society is broken. on 20:39 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

Very sad news indeed, some lovely teenagers about, but some really awful buggers as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

More proof society is broken. on 21:04 - Nov 19 with 984 viewsLohengrin

More proof society is broken. on 20:56 - Nov 19 by Flashberryjack

Very sad news indeed, some lovely teenagers about, but some really awful buggers as well.

There are. I can give you a recent instance. I was a bearer in a funeral car not so long back and we'd stopped at the lights. The two young boys waiting to cross both snatched off their caps at the sight of the hearse.

I found that quite moving. Old-world decency and traditional notions of decorum don't get celebrated that often but they are still around.

More proof society is broken. on 21:07 - Nov 19 with 969 viewsexiledclaseboy

More proof society is broken. on 21:04 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

There are. I can give you a recent instance. I was a bearer in a funeral car not so long back and we'd stopped at the lights. The two young boys waiting to cross both snatched off their caps at the sight of the hearse.

I found that quite moving. Old-world decency and traditional notions of decorum don't get celebrated that often but they are still around.

When we buried my old man years ago a car got impatient waiting behind the cortège and decided to overtake and aggressively sound his horn on Clasemont Road on our way to Morriston crem. Still can't get my head around that kind of disrespect.

More proof society is broken. on 21:11 - Nov 19 with 949 viewsLohengrin

More proof society is broken. on 21:07 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

When we buried my old man years ago a car got impatient waiting behind the cortège and decided to overtake and aggressively sound his horn on Clasemont Road on our way to Morriston crem. Still can't get my head around that kind of disrespect.

Nor can I, pal.

More proof society is broken. on 21:13 - Nov 19 with 936 viewsperchrockjack

Allow me to help.

These people are that self centred as to block the feelings and dignity of all including infirm.

It's like is shooting disable people in their chairs.

They are everywhere and are often nurtured ,fed and supported to aid any addiction they may have, which might be not their fault but society.

Alternatively, instead of helping them rehabilitate, we could simply smash the shite out of them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

More proof society is broken. on 21:16 - Nov 19 with 928 viewsJackfath

More proof society is broken. on 21:13 - Nov 19 by perchrockjack

Allow me to help.

These people are that self centred as to block the feelings and dignity of all including infirm.

It's like is shooting disable people in their chairs.

They are everywhere and are often nurtured ,fed and supported to aid any addiction they may have, which might be not their fault but society.

Alternatively, instead of helping them rehabilitate, we could simply smash the shite out of them

If that was my Father/Grandfather, that's what I would do. They'd proably beat me up though as I am a right fanny.

More proof society is broken. on 21:18 - Nov 19 with 917 viewsFlashberryjack

More proof society is broken. on 21:04 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

Agree, I must be lucky as the vast majority I've come into contact with have smashing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

More proof society is broken. on 21:19 - Nov 19 with 916 viewsperchrockjack

I don't really believe in hanging but corporal punishment would be welcome in my eyes.

Pain is a real deterent

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

More proof society is broken. on 21:33 - Nov 19 with 884 viewsdickythorpe

Horrible news. I hope the old man gets support and love. ECB, there are idiots on the roads and I'm sure that pondlife will get his comeupance.
More proof society is broken. on 21:39 - Nov 19 with 870 viewsLohengrin

As Clase has said the old boy is probably wary of venturing out. If I was involved with the club, and we do claim to be a community club, I'd have him collected from home by Trunds on a matchday and make a big fuss of him on a freebie outing.

Throw a protective arm around our own and make them realise they aren't alone. That's the Blitz spirit, we used to do it instinctively and do it well.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 21:40]

More proof society is broken. on 21:49 - Nov 19 with 845 viewsKilkennyjack

More proof society is broken. on 21:39 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

As Clase has said the old boy is probably wary of venturing out. If I was involved with the club, and we do claim to be a community club, I'd have him collected from home by Trunds on a matchday and make a big fuss of him on a freebie outing.

Throw a protective arm around our own and make them realise they aren't alone. That's the Blitz spirit, we used to do it instinctively and do it well.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 21:40]

I agree, a great idea

Beware of the Risen People

More proof society is broken. on 21:51 - Nov 19 with 836 viewsshimmie

Nothing gives me more pleasure than nicking and banging up a robber. Nothing. Usually because they're so prolific and indiscriminate in who they target. My mum had her pension taken from her mobility scooter down mumbles a few years back. I'd gladly do time to catch the c*nt. And I hear police don't have a great time inside...
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 21:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024