Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Table puts things in Perspective 07:53 - Nov 28 with 2645 viewsSwaneeRiver

Who have thought when the season kicked off on August 8th that on the last weekend in November we'd be involved along with Chelsea in a battle against relegation ?
Funny game football. Not that I'm laughing like but .... you know what I mean
League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:02 - Nov 28 with 2075 viewsTNT

When we first arrived in the PL, I thought this was the way it was going to be tbh and that we may only have one crack at it. We've had four great seasons in the PL, and may have to take 17th this season. We haven't had a twitchy arse season for some time! It won't harm to remind some what it's like.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:09 - Nov 28 with 2058 viewsSwaneeRiver

League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:02 - Nov 28 by TNT

When we first arrived in the PL, I thought this was the way it was going to be tbh and that we may only have one crack at it. We've had four great seasons in the PL, and may have to take 17th this season. We haven't had a twitchy arse season for some time! It won't harm to remind some what it's like.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd happily take 17th at the end of the season.
The most amazing thing is not so much us (it happens to bigger and better clubs than us) but to still see Chelsea down there with the multi millions they've spent.
If we've got a problem, how much bigger is theirs ?
League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:12 - Nov 28 with 2057 viewsEdmundo

League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:02 - Nov 28 by TNT

At out best we are an 7th/8th placed team, at our worst we are a 14th to 17th side.

Any where in there would do me this season, even finishing 17th, but with a feeling of optimism and return to sharp football 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

League Table puts things in Perspective on 09:09 - Nov 28 with 1995 viewskarnataka

League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:12 - Nov 28 by Edmundo

At out best we are an 7th/8th placed team, at our worst we are a 14th to 17th side.

Any where in there would do me this season, even finishing 17th, but with a feeling of optimism and return to sharp football 👍

I think the first feeling would be a massive one of relief, then maybe the optimism and a return to sharp football.
League Table puts things in Perspective on 09:40 - Nov 28 with 1963 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Sharp football comes first, then the optimism, rip your arm off for 17th right now. Laughing at Chelsea does give some light relief in a very worrying situation got to say!

Happy Days :-)

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:05 - Nov 28 with 1943 viewsPegojack

If we survive, our player acquisition and release in the summer will be critical. I think screwing up two years in a row will be the end of us.

We may need someone to replace Ash, who's not getting any younger, and we will certainly need one or two quality strikers, for a start.
League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:44 - Nov 28 with 1891 viewsSgorioFruit

we just need to pick up one point per game and we will survive.

meanwhile TODAY we want Villa v Watford to draw, Bournemouth to get smashed by Everton, Sunderland to get tumped by Stoke. Not sure bout palace v newcastle game.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:45 - Nov 28 with 1887 viewsSwaneeRiver

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:44 - Nov 28 by SgorioFruit

we just need to pick up one point per game and we will survive.

meanwhile TODAY we want Villa v Watford to draw, Bournemouth to get smashed by Everton, Sunderland to get tumped by Stoke. Not sure bout palace v newcastle game.

Newcastle to get hammered would be good
Login to get fewer ads

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:46 - Nov 28 with 1883 viewsSgorioFruit

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:45 - Nov 28 by SwaneeRiver

Newcastle to get hammered would be good

yeh I fancy palace to stay up this season, so definitely like to see Newcastle lose points then,

not sure if McLaren will keep them up.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 1879 viewsDafyddHuw

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:05 - Nov 28 by Pegojack

If we survive, our player acquisition and release in the summer will be critical. I think screwing up two years in a row will be the end of us.

We may need someone to replace Ash, who's not getting any younger, and we will certainly need one or two quality strikers, for a start.

Two spot on sentences. Another quality post Shadwell.
League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 1879 viewsNeath_Jack

Neither us nor Chelsea are involved in a relegation battle ffs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

League Table puts things in Perspective on 11:34 - Nov 28 with 1835 viewsDr_Winston

League Table puts things in Perspective on 10:48 - Nov 28 by Neath_Jack

Neither us nor Chelsea are involved in a relegation battle ffs.

Keep going the way we are and we'll be in one soon enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

League Table puts things in Perspective on 11:39 - Nov 28 with 1830 viewsNeath_Jack

League Table puts things in Perspective on 11:34 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

Keep going the way we are and we'll be in one soon enough.

Not if those below us carry on being worse than us we wont.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

League Table puts things in Perspective on 11:45 - Nov 28 with 1820 viewsBorojack

League Table puts things in Perspective on 08:12 - Nov 28 by Edmundo

17th dont think my blood pressure could handle Survival Sunday.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:01 - Nov 28 with 1780 viewstrolley_jack

There is a lot of negativity at the moment surrounding Swans, with thread after thread of people sh**ting themselves. People talking about sleepwalking into relegation and sacking Monk. People need to calm down, we are only 13 games into the season we have 14 points there is still a long way to go.
League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:05 - Nov 28 with 1775 viewsBorojack

League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:01 - Nov 28 by trolley_jack

There is a lot of negativity at the moment surrounding Swans, with thread after thread of people sh**ting themselves. People talking about sleepwalking into relegation and sacking Monk. People need to calm down, we are only 13 games into the season we have 14 points there is still a long way to go.

8 of the 14 points were gained in the first 4 games when we were playing well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:13 - Nov 28 with 1759 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about other teams results, & if we relying on other teams losing, then that just shows how much we are in the you know what. As for stats the only one that counts is 1 win in 10 (I do count the Hull game, a loss is a loss, no matter if it is lge or cup) Steve McManaman just said on Fletch & Sav, fans just want to be entertained. How many games after Man United can anyone honestly say, wow, I enjoyed that? Home or away. If we beat Liverpool, I'd be like a dog with 2 dicks, I don't see it happening. You can forgive dodgy results, you cant forgive the lucklustre (hopeless on times) displays. The post about returning to sharp football, spoke a lot of sense, if performances improve, results will follow, & a return to the style of play we have been used to will get the fans on side. If fans come away thinking god we were unlucky, to a certain extent, poor results can be tollerated, because you can see light at the end of the tunnel. Right now that light is a pin prick, it is so far in the distance. Hate Liverpool, HATE our current style of play, hate losing, LOVE THE SWANS.

League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:44 - Nov 28 with 1724 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

The only team in the bottom half who have no relegation worries are Chelsea. 6 points from 9 games, keep that form up, we'll have 31 points at end of season. No wonder people looking at other teams results & fixtures already. Everyone I speak to says Bournemouth are going down, they murdered us last week, played us off the park, murdered us.

League Table puts things in Perspective on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 1672 viewsperchrockjack

Times like these, we look for comfort. Hence this thread.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

League Table puts things in Perspective on 13:56 - Nov 28 with 1670 viewsraynor94

League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:44 - Nov 28 by DICKIETAPISAJACK

The only team in the bottom half who have no relegation worries are Chelsea. 6 points from 9 games, keep that form up, we'll have 31 points at end of season. No wonder people looking at other teams results & fixtures already. Everyone I speak to says Bournemouth are going down, they murdered us last week, played us off the park, murdered us.

I thought we drew

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

League Table puts things in Perspective on 15:33 - Nov 28 with 1619 viewsClinton

League Table puts things in Perspective on 12:44 - Nov 28 by DICKIETAPISAJACK

They outplayed us at times. But to say they murdered us is ridiculous.
They will stay up if they get a bit of quality in the window,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

League Table puts things in Perspective on 16:48 - Nov 28 with 1571 viewsDr_Winston

League Table puts things in Perspective on 11:39 - Nov 28 by Neath_Jack

Not if those below us carry on being worse than us we wont.

Pretty big "If" don't you think?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

League Table puts things in Perspective on 16:53 - Nov 28 with 1565 viewsNeath_Jack

League Table puts things in Perspective on 16:48 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

Pretty big "If" don't you think?

No different to your big "if".

League Table puts things in Perspective on 17:09 - Nov 28 with 1541 viewsexiledclaseboy

League Table puts things in Perspective on 16:53 - Nov 28 by Neath_Jack

Don't confuse The Intelligent Critic.

Poll: Tory leader

League Table puts things in Perspective on 17:25 - Nov 28 with 1511 viewsDr_Winston

League Table puts things in Perspective on 16:53 - Nov 28 by Neath_Jack

What "If" was that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024