Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Steve Babbs 11:39 - Apr 28 with 12189 viewsSmellyplumz

Legend in the martial arts world, peace be your journey Steve.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

RIP Steve Babbs (n/t) on 12:19 - Apr 28 with 12147 views1462jack

absolute legend in the martial arts curcuit RIP
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 12:20]
RIP Steve Babbs on 12:44 - Apr 28 with 12112 viewsmax936

Very sad news, do you know how, he must only be about late 50's, l used to train with him at Pat Mathias's gym when he was boxing for Colin Breen, we used to run down to Mumbles on the beach l'd have trainers on and he'd have work boots on fit as a fiddle he was, l bumped into him in the Queens last Summer first time l'd seen him in 30 yrs, lovely to have seen him after all those yrs, great fella was Steve Top Man.

RIP Steve.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 12:44]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

RIP Steve Babbs on 12:46 - Apr 28 with 12105 viewsdickythorpe

Did he used to train in the YMCA gym off the Kingsway with a guy called Andy Weaver?
RIP Steve Babbs on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 12099 viewsmax936

RIP Steve Babbs on 12:46 - Apr 28 by dickythorpe

Did he used to train in the YMCA gym off the Kingsway with a guy called Andy Weaver?

He might have, but Mathias's gym was down on the front next corner to the prison tesco side.

RIP Steve Babbs on 13:29 - Apr 28 with 12052 viewsWarwickHunt

RIP Steve Babbs on 12:44 - Apr 28 by max936

Very sad news, do you know how, he must only be about late 50's, l used to train with him at Pat Mathias's gym when he was boxing for Colin Breen, we used to run down to Mumbles on the beach l'd have trainers on and he'd have work boots on fit as a fiddle he was, l bumped into him in the Queens last Summer first time l'd seen him in 30 yrs, lovely to have seen him after all those yrs, great fella was Steve Top Man.

RIP Steve.

Steve was 62. Way too young.

PM'd you...
RIP Steve Babbs on 14:24 - Apr 28 with 12002 viewsmorningstar

RIP Steve Babbs on 13:29 - Apr 28 by WarwickHunt

Steve was 62. Way too young.

PM'd you...

Stunned. Total gent was Steve. RIP

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

RIP Steve Babbs (n/t) on 14:49 - Apr 28 with 11981 viewsLoyal

RIP Steve Babbs (n/t) on 12:19 - Apr 28 by 1462jack

absolute legend in the martial arts curcuit RIP
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 12:20]

Absolutely stunned. RIP.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

RIP Steve Babbs on 14:50 - Apr 28 with 11979 viewsKerouac

Very sad news indeed, you really couldn't wish to meet a nicer bloke.
Generous spirit he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Steve Babbs on 15:46 - Apr 28 with 11931 viewsSmellyplumz

RIP Steve Babbs on 12:44 - Apr 28 by max936

RIP Steve.

No idea what he died of max just read it this morning on his fb page.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

RIP Steve Babbs on 18:20 - Apr 28 with 11816 viewsmax936

RIP Steve Babbs on 15:46 - Apr 28 by Smellyplumz

No idea what he died of max just read it this morning on his fb page.

Very sad news, one of his mates works over at the blast furnaces, one of the Wellingtons can't think of his name now nor his brother who had the martial arts place just above high st station.

Unel had the gym big big butties him and Steve, back in Port Talbot Tuesday gonna pop over the blast and see Unel's brother.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 19:37]

RIP Steve Babbs on 19:11 - Apr 28 with 11763 viewspikeypaul

Only just seen this knew him very well,although not seen him for a couple of months.

He had serious problems with his kidneys a couple of years back and had a couple of ops
thought he was over it. Although he did lose a lot of weight.

Was living up the Hafod just off Neath Rd been there for about 20 years.

Would have been a very rich man if he did martial arts today,European champion in some disciplines,even in the late 70s
he was picking up £3000 a fight out in Germany a lot of money then.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

RIP Steve Babbs on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 11739 viewspikeypaul

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28212

Just one example of how well Steve was thought of in martial arts circles.

Just talked to a mutual friend who was with him last Friday,Steve was waiting for
another kidney op,Steve said last Friday he was not to good.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 19:31]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

RIP Steve Babbs on 19:34 - Apr 28 with 11724 viewsmax936

RIP Steve Babbs on 19:11 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Only just seen this knew him very well,although not seen him for a couple of months.

He had serious problems with his kidneys a couple of years back and had a couple of ops
thought he was over it. Although he did lose a lot of weight.

Was living up the Hafod just off Neath Rd been there for about 20 years.

Would have been a very rich man if he did martial arts today,European champion in some disciplines,even in the late 70s
he was picking up £3000 a fight out in Germany a lot of money then.

I saw him back last Summer and the weight had dropped from him, he did remember me, but it was clear that he had been ill, I wouldn't have recognised him if my mate hadn't told me, lovely fella probably one of the nicest guys to have ever worked the doors on the Kingsway back in the day.

RIP Steve Babbs on 04:54 - Apr 29 with 11545 viewsjackportis

RIP Steve Babbs on 12:46 - Apr 28 by dickythorpe

Was Andy Weaver one of the instructors fairly short, stocky, longish curly hair and moustache? I remember him.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

RIP Steve Babbs on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 11433 viewsdickythorpe

RIP Steve Babbs on 04:54 - Apr 29 by jackportis

Was Andy Weaver one of the instructors fairly short, stocky, longish curly hair and moustache? I remember him.

Yes, another nice guy.
Bloke from Carmarthen knew Steve well and would like to know of funeral arrangements.
RIP Steve Babbs on 10:05 - Apr 29 with 11425 viewspikeypaul

RIP Steve Babbs on 10:02 - Apr 29 by dickythorpe

Yes, another nice guy.
Bloke from Carmarthen knew Steve well and would like to know of funeral arrangements.

Steve had no family in the area,he came to Swansea from Birmingham after leaving the army.
I will post funeral arrangements on here once known.

RIP Steve Babbs on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 11396 viewsGretsch

Bloody hell, trained with him and fought against him up in The Combat Open in 80's, Brimingham Lau, what a team Steve, Frank Lynch, Neville Wray etc.

RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024