Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfers 23:28 - May 11 with 3209 viewsalibaba

Jenkins tonight at the awards:

"There may be one or two transfers but we have a great squad..."

Ugh.
Summer Transfers on 23:32 - May 11 with 3173 viewsDarran

Yeah because there'll be no more than one or two transfers in the summer.

Jesus f*ckng Christ adults taking everything as gospel.

Anyway I hope Brendan signs some good players.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Summer Transfers on 23:36 - May 11 with 3146 viewsdameedna

Jenkins announcesa massive clear out Sumner sale.

However what could and probably us acknowledged by Hj if not publicly is that the manager and coach have done a tremendous job in motivating and training a great squad to perform when needed most.
Summer Transfers on 23:39 - May 11 with 3129 viewsDarran

Don't forget now everyone we won't sign more than 'two' players this summer because Huw Jenkins has just confirmed it.

Fùcking hell please.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Summer Transfers on 23:39 - May 11 with 3131 viewsTheKirkyLife

As I've said before if it's one or two BIG transfers in that's great. I'd take a Bony and high quality winger or right back over 5 anonymous £2 to £5 million players.
Summer Transfers on 06:53 - May 12 with 2829 viewsjack247

Summer Transfers on 23:39 - May 11 by TheKirkyLife

As I've said before if it's one or two BIG transfers in that's great. I'd take a Bony and high quality winger or right back over 5 anonymous £2 to £5 million players.

Agreed. Guidolin and his team have already shown they can improve players, a few weeks ago I thought we would be looking at a big clear out and 5 or 6 new faces. I thought Rodgers was going to get the job then though.

2 players that would seriously improve the first team may not be such a bad thing. Presumably it would mean the likes of Ayew and Gomis staying put?
Summer Transfers on 07:10 - May 12 with 2779 viewsZut_Alors

If we don't sell Ayew, I think we need":

Striker — Fairly obvious this one, but someone who can lead the line and help with build up play. Quite happy with Alberto P as reserve and Ayew to fill in when needed.
CB — Youngster would be Ok for me, as I would like to see Amat promoted to first choice next to Ash.
RB — Kyle N is fine as a deputy, but think we have to buy to get that replacement for Rangel.
CM — Signing Fer would be a good idea, IMO.
Summer Transfers on 07:14 - May 12 with 2759 viewsSwaneeRiver

Summer Transfers on 06:53 - May 12 by jack247

Agreed. Guidolin and his team have already shown they can improve players, a few weeks ago I thought we would be looking at a big clear out and 5 or 6 new faces. I thought Rodgers was going to get the job then though.

2 players that would seriously improve the first team may not be such a bad thing. Presumably it would mean the likes of Ayew and Gomis staying put?

There have to be some offloads. Gomis, Bartley and Tabanou please, Eder and Emnes for their own good.
Must fight to keep the rest, make Fer a permanent signing and maybe two or three new signings, one of which should be Bony.
As a side note, all those who say that players won't join certain clubs because they want CL football, if this season proved anything it's that it's not just the so called big teams who can get into Europe.
So of all the reasons why Bony may not join us, this may not be the biggest one.
Summer Transfers on 07:51 - May 12 with 2615 viewsDr_Winston

All depends how Frankie wants to play.

If we are going to be switching to 3-5-2 then there's not much future here for Rangel or Taylor and we'll need at least one new CB. Possibly two.

Be quite happy going into next season with the strikers we've got (using Ayew as one), although no doubt many will disagree.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfers on 07:58 - May 12 with 2591 viewsalibaba

Hope Lascelles and Redmond are on the shopping list.
Summer Transfers on 08:10 - May 12 with 2523 viewsmagicdaps10

Huw Jenkins is stubborn but he is not that dull surely!?!

Think he is just being diplomatic.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Summer Transfers on 08:45 - May 12 with 2412 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Summer Transfers on 07:14 - May 12 by SwaneeRiver

There have to be some offloads. Gomis, Bartley and Tabanou please, Eder and Emnes for their own good.
Must fight to keep the rest, make Fer a permanent signing and maybe two or three new signings, one of which should be Bony.
As a side note, all those who say that players won't join certain clubs because they want CL football, if this season proved anything it's that it's not just the so called big teams who can get into Europe.
So of all the reasons why Bony may not join us, this may not be the biggest one.

I may be wrong here but I reckon Bony would probably swap the 20 odd minutes of CL football he had for regular starts at another club - surely the CL pull can't be that great if you are just sitting on the bench watching it

He most likely could go to another team either here or abroad who have qualified but here - how much would he play - and abroad - would he enjoy it as much as the PL

Pros and cons - pro's and cons!!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Summer Transfers on 08:56 - May 12 with 2382 viewsJethroJack

Summer Transfers on 23:39 - May 11 by Darran

Don't forget now everyone we won't sign more than 'two' players this summer because Huw Jenkins has just confirmed it.

Fùcking hell please.

According to Huw, it could even be as low as ONE player, gutted!
Must be because we're paying Guido £90,000 a week. If we'd gone for Brendan at £30,000 a week, we might have been able to afford to buy 3 players.
Summer Transfers on 09:07 - May 12 with 2336 viewsjacktar

Summer Transfers on 08:10 - May 12 by magicdaps10

I think you're probably right. He's only just confirmed FG's contract after all, so I think he will be sitting down with him in the coming days to discuss recruitment. Surely it will depend on the way FG wants to set up the team and although he has said he has a good squad I'm sure he will be telling Huw that there has to be some strengthening.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Summer Transfers on 09:27 - May 12 with 2284 viewsoldcob

Summer Transfers on 08:45 - May 12 by PatchesOHoulihan

I may be wrong here but I reckon Bony would probably swap the 20 odd minutes of CL football he had for regular starts at another club - surely the CL pull can't be that great if you are just sitting on the bench watching it

He most likely could go to another team either here or abroad who have qualified but here - how much would he play - and abroad - would he enjoy it as much as the PL

Pros and cons - pro's and cons!!!

It's like a pub down the old Bute. Full of pros and cons.
Summer Transfers on 09:28 - May 12 with 2276 viewsjasper_T

No chairman in their right mind is going to come out and say "we need to sign loads of players". It would disrupt the squad and have agents banging down the doors (more than usual).
Summer Transfers on 09:31 - May 12 with 2272 viewsjasper_T

Summer Transfers on 07:58 - May 12 by alibaba

Hope Lascelles and Redmond are on the shopping list.

There's no value in signing players from the championship, especially from teams looking to use those players to bounce straight back up. They'd be asking £10/15/20m for them, given what promotion is worth.

We'd have had better luck with both if Norwich and Newcastle had stayed up.
Summer Transfers on 09:31 - May 12 with 2270 viewsfbreath

Do people really expect Jenkins to say on an award night that they are going to get rid of 6-7 players when the players are actually sat there.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Summer Transfers on 10:16 - May 12 with 2177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Summer Transfers on 08:10 - May 12 by magicdaps10

Diplomatically vague yes. I think though that if we sold Ayew (who seems to favour a top 4 move) for 15-20 million and get his and Gomis' (some French side would take him for 5-10 million surely) wages off the books I could see FG being allowed to spend most of not all of that on new players that fit the mould.

That may not mean Wilf, but at least we can get the final 8 million of that in.

If there's no player sales then it will be a couple of cheapies , not to upset the balance sheet.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Summer Transfers on 10:25 - May 12 with 2150 viewsDafyddHuw

Summer Transfers on 10:16 - May 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Diplomatically vague yes. I think though that if we sold Ayew (who seems to favour a top 4 move) for 15-20 million and get his and Gomis' (some French side would take him for 5-10 million surely) wages off the books I could see FG being allowed to spend most of not all of that on new players that fit the mould.

That may not mean Wilf, but at least we can get the final 8 million of that in.

If there's no player sales then it will be a couple of cheapies , not to upset the balance sheet.

Yup, can't be upsetting the "investors"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024