Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mad to get rid of Guidolin 10:56 - Sep 25 with 3015 viewsSwaneeRiver

Yesterday was the first time we looked like a coherent team this season.
For much of the game, the best side in Britain and one of the best coaches in the world were matched by the tactics of our very own OAP and a team that wouldn't amount in total value to one of their "stars".
Only mistake FG made yesterday was not subbibg early enough.
I enjoyed yesterday and it gave me hope.
Changing the manager now would help no-one.
Also showed all the crap about losing the dressing room is just that - crap
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:04 - Sep 25 with 1807 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good post. It's a pity the chairman can't be arsed to stamp on all this journalistic cr*p and give Jamie Moralee the Tutumulu treatment. Guidolin deserves much better than this.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 11:05]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:09 - Sep 25 with 1779 viewsdickythorpe

We were much improved and looked like a team not a rabble.
I believe there is an agenda somewhere in the media but hey ho that's football these days more than ever.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:23 - Sep 25 with 1747 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:09 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

We were much improved and looked like a team not a rabble.
I believe there is an agenda somewhere in the media but hey ho that's football these days more than ever.

Agenda or not football is a results business Dicky and if you don't get them the manger carries the can.

I'd love to know what FG was told when he signed a new contract because if it was "we'll have 1 or 2 players good enough to be in the starting line up" the poor bastard should have walked.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:36 - Sep 25 with 1722 viewsdickythorpe

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:23 - Sep 25 by Darran

Agenda or not football is a results business Dicky and if you don't get them the manger carries the can.

I'd love to know what FG was told when he signed a new contract because if it was "we'll have 1 or 2 players good enough to be in the starting line up" the poor bastard should have walked.

I agree Dar that it's a results business, but a team needs time to be built. We looked so more of a competitive outfit yesterday compared to that Hull defeat.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:37 - Sep 25 with 1711 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:36 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

I agree Dar that it's a results business, but a team needs time to be built. We looked so more of a competitive outfit yesterday compared to that Hull defeat.

Well he knew he wasn't going to be building a team when he signed a contract.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 1695 viewsdickythorpe

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:37 - Sep 25 by Darran

Well he knew he wasn't going to be building a team when he signed a contract.

Well whatever he thought, whatever anyone else thinks, all I know is that whilst things still aren't 100% there was a lot more desire, skill and togetherness from the Swans yesterday.
I don't think he knows what his best starting XI is though.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:45 - Sep 25 with 1674 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:41 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

Well whatever he thought, whatever anyone else thinks, all I know is that whilst things still aren't 100% there was a lot more desire, skill and togetherness from the Swans yesterday.
I don't think he knows what his best starting XI is though.

Well if he came out and said he wouldn't have any input into transfers he obviously did know.
Can you imagine a manager at any other club agreeing to that or can you imagine any other managed worth his salt coming to Swansea City and agreeing to it?

People can blame whoever they want for this,they can go on about agendas/hounding as much as they want but the fella obviously knew what he was taking on.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:51 - Sep 25 with 1655 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:45 - Sep 25 by Darran

Well if he came out and said he wouldn't have any input into transfers he obviously did know.
Can you imagine a manager at any other club agreeing to that or can you imagine any other managed worth his salt coming to Swansea City and agreeing to it?

People can blame whoever they want for this,they can go on about agendas/hounding as much as they want but the fella obviously knew what he was taking on.

So if no other managers worth their salt wouldn't work under these conditions, what's your f*cking point?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:58 - Sep 25 with 1630 viewsdickythorpe

Dar, no way did he know his best XI before the season started and even now. He's 65 years of age and won't resign, he'll wait for the sack (if it's coming....) so he gets compo.
If you don't like him that's fine, but I think the team is "jellying". A new manager now won't have a magic wand.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:13 - Sep 25 with 1596 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"but the fella obviously knew what he was taking on."
And he is working with them, just like he did last season.
It is possible that Leon and some others have "nipped in the bud" any player revolt that was starting to happen as the current team are really playing for the Club, Team, manager & fans.
If the improvement continues at that rate we will once again be playing exciting football and gaining points, after all there are another 33 games to go.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:14 - Sep 25 with 1588 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:13 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

"but the fella obviously knew what he was taking on."
And he is working with them, just like he did last season.
It is possible that Leon and some others have "nipped in the bud" any player revolt that was starting to happen as the current team are really playing for the Club, Team, manager & fans.
If the improvement continues at that rate we will once again be playing exciting football and gaining points, after all there are another 33 games to go.

It's looking like a big if to me.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:27 - Sep 25 with 1561 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:58 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

Dar, no way did he know his best XI before the season started and even now. He's 65 years of age and won't resign, he'll wait for the sack (if it's coming....) so he gets compo.
If you don't like him that's fine, but I think the team is "jellying". A new manager now won't have a magic wand.

He iis 61 and not an oap either as another poster has suggested. He is confident in his ability to work with the squad despite the Jenkins transfer market fiasco.I think he knows how he wants the ream to play and I suspect there is a plan a,b and c. Probably more. The lateness of our signings were the problem. It looks like it is starting to come together now. I don't give a toss about the style of football. Needs must at the moment. Style can come later when we have a set up capable of bring the players in we actually need and on time as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:40 - Sep 25 with 1516 viewscrix

you do realise its common place on the continent that managers/coaches have no input into who the club buys. the chances are hes used to those type of regimes and just gets on with it. hes an old pro and acts like it in front of the press saying what needs to be said and that's it.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:02 - Sep 25 with 1456 viewstomdickharry

We can talk all day about the pro's and cons of getting rid of Guido but looking at the fixture list it really is an extremely tough period coming up,perhaps the result of the Watford game will decide the pathway for the season if we are still on 4pts when we play them.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:03 - Sep 25 with 1448 viewsmax936

I was utterly pissed off yesterday and not because of the team, but the decisions that went against us we didn't deserve that nor the scoreline which flattered them in my opinion, for long periods in the game we were very good.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:05 - Sep 25 with 1443 viewsDJack

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:40 - Sep 25 by crix

you do realise its common place on the continent that managers/coaches have no input into who the club buys. the chances are hes used to those type of regimes and just gets on with it. hes an old pro and acts like it in front of the press saying what needs to be said and that's it.

Of course he does. He's just having a bitch.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:06 - Sep 25 with 1435 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I still don't like his tactics , team selections or subsitutions .

Players worked hard yesterday against a top side but we've gone backwards yet again .

He needs to go

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:12 - Sep 25 with 1411 viewsDJack

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:06 - Sep 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

Players worked hard yesterday against a top side but we've gone backwards yet again .

He needs to go

I'm a little sceptical but I suspect (hope?) that he is trying to find a way to improve the way we play and provide a reasonable plan B...whilst dealing with a bunch of spoilt brats and a dick DoF.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:14 - Sep 25 with 1403 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:40 - Sep 25 by crix

That's nonsense utter utter nonsense.
They don't do any transfer dealings of course they have input into who's coming into the club.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:19 - Sep 25 with 1392 viewscrix

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:14 - Sep 25 by Darran

They don't do any transfer dealings of course they have input into who's coming into the club.

I think you will find youre wrong, very, very wrong.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:20 - Sep 25 with 1387 viewssnork44

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:06 - Sep 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

He needs to go

So who do we replace him with Ryan 'fecking' Giggs, Zola,Bruce or some other so called failed manager ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:37 - Sep 25 with 1355 viewsdobjack2

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:14 - Sep 25 by Darran

It appears that the input is more on the position of the player rather than the actual player. If he said that he needed a centre half to replace ash I don't think that he would have named Mawson.

No disrespect meant to the player who I hope will do a great job for us but it would be the same as Laudrup saying we needed a striker and getting Ngog or monk wanting a left back and getting Tabanou. I don't think that any were on a list of the managers preferences, if there was one.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:38 - Sep 25 with 1339 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:19 - Sep 25 by crix

I think you will find youre wrong, very, very wrong.

So you think that's how Pep worked at Barca and Bayern then?

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 14:26 - Sep 25 with 1252 viewsImAlrightJack

It's all very fine and dandy saying how well we played yesterday despite losing, and how much the day-trippers enjoyed it, but we have to keep this up onwards and not make this a one-off and actually win games with it. Last season we upped our game against the "Big Four", but failed to against most of the rest.

It's a results business, if we played well every week, but kept on losing 2-1 with unlucky freak goals, don't expect to stay in the job if you're the manager.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 14:56 - Sep 25 with 1207 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 13:20 - Sep 25 by snork44

So who do we replace him with Ryan 'fecking' Giggs, Zola,Bruce or some other so called failed manager ?

There's plenty out there

Stop reading the papers

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024