Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactics? 23:45 - Nov 19 with 2651 viewsDavillin

Three minutes to go, and your team is up by one goal. Should you make a substitution?

Answer: At best, only when you absolutely must, as with a serious injury. In some circumstances, not even then. Have you never seen a situation where an injured player stays on for those final seconds, making whatever contribution he can, even to the point of a limping patrol in a small area of the pitch.

Otherwise, why put on a cold player who is not close to being in sync with the speed of play [especially when the opponent is working at break-neck speed to equalilze] or the style and pace of the opposing players he will be matching up with, and which will be most dangerous to himself?

Especially when the player you're taking off has been doing a creditable job for 87 minutes.

Bush League again.

My immediate reaction when I saw Ki on for Fulton on 87? "There go three points." I was so pistoff that I couldn't even be disappointed when that materialized.

This is the Premier League where, when you f*ck up, expect to get punished.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Tactics? on 23:48 - Nov 19 with 2289 viewsNeathJack

If a sub had to be made at that point (and I'll give clueless Bob the benefit of the doubt here and assume it did), then VDH was so clearly the man who should have come on.
Tactics? on 00:02 - Nov 20 with 2240 viewsLoyal

Tactics? on 23:48 - Nov 19 by NeathJack

If a sub had to be made at that point (and I'll give clueless Bob the benefit of the doubt here and assume it did), then VDH was so clearly the man who should have come on.

Yes, we did it last season when hanging on for three points with Bartley.
I genuinely think they wouldn't have a Scored if VDH was on the pitch instead of Ki.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tactics? on 00:10 - Nov 20 with 2218 viewsCambJack

It's easy to say in hindsight, had we not conceded there'd be the argument that bringing ki on was the right choice. if someone else came on we could've conceded two goals.Let's be honest, a lot of what happens in a football game is down to luck.

I'm more concerned at our apparent lack of ability to make things go our way the other end of the pitch. If the best we can hope for is nicking a win from a penalty we don't really deserve to win.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 0:16]
Tactics? on 00:10 - Nov 20 with 2217 viewslifelong

I totally agree, you just knew when Ki came on they would score. Please see my thread below 'Substitutions"... it was a dreadful decision.... I'm still fecking angry.
Tactics? on 00:15 - Nov 20 with 2204 viewslifelong

Tactics? on 00:10 - Nov 20 by CambJack

It's easy to say in hindsight, had we not conceded there'd be the argument that bringing ki on was the right choice. if someone else came on we could've conceded two goals.Let's be honest, a lot of what happens in a football game is down to luck.

I'm more concerned at our apparent lack of ability to make things go our way the other end of the pitch. If the best we can hope for is nicking a win from a penalty we don't really deserve to win.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 0:16]

The thing is, we were 1-0 up with a few minutes to go, Fulton was knackered and needed to be subbed, just shore up the defence and bring on VDH.
The only time you bring on Ki is when we're 3-0 up and you want someone to pass the ball sideways.
Tactics? on 00:19 - Nov 20 with 2194 viewsCambJack

I guess bobs logic was to take pressure away from our defence, thing is anything we do isn't working right now because the players aren't good enough
Tactics? on 00:22 - Nov 20 with 2185 viewsDrizzy

Tactics? on 00:10 - Nov 20 by lifelong

I totally agree, you just knew when Ki came on they would score. Please see my thread below 'Substitutions"... it was a dreadful decision.... I'm still fecking angry.

Oh come off it.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Tactics? on 00:28 - Nov 20 with 2162 viewslifelong

Tactics? on 00:22 - Nov 20 by Drizzy

Oh come off it.

Come off what?... we are in a serious relegation battle, I wouldn't have him in the squad let alone to come on and try and protect a slender lead.
Login to get fewer ads

Tactics? on 00:31 - Nov 20 with 2152 viewsDrizzy

Tactics? on 00:28 - Nov 20 by lifelong

Come off what?... we are in a serious relegation battle, I wouldn't have him in the squad let alone to come on and try and protect a slender lead.

For all of his faults to say you wouldn't have him in the squad is a bit ridiculous. You didn't "just know" that as soon as he'd come on they'd equalise. Revisionist b*llocks and you know it. You're angry. We're all angry.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Tactics? on 00:37 - Nov 20 with 2139 viewsSoberBaker

"Three minutes to go, and your team is up by one goal. Should you make a substitution"

Absolutely. Especially when the home team are throwing the kitchen sink at you. You get the player coming off to go the far end of the pitch and trudge his way off to take the sting out.

But we didn't did we? Not only did he 'rush' a sub on to the pitch - that sub was none other than Mr Ki Sung Yeung

Let's face it lads - we are f*cked with this tit in charge 💀

AMOW

Tactics? on 06:05 - Nov 20 with 2041 viewsjack247

1-0 up, away from home, under the cosh and against a better team. Subs left on the bench and a young player who has worked himself into the ground and is blowing out his arse. Has any manager in the history of football not brought a sub on in those circumstances?

The issue was bringing the wrong player on. I'd have certainly brought VDH on then, if not sooner and asked Gylfi to step even further back, just using the two widemen (I know they had bad games) as outlets. He just decided to go for a like for like swap. It didn't work out, but I don't blame him for that and I'm one of his harshest critics.
Tactics? on 06:15 - Nov 20 with 2036 viewsChief

Similar tothe Wales v Saes game in the Euros, I was screaming for Cookie to bring on The limited but grizzled Collins for the last 2 minutes. At least it would have been a bigger mass to block the goalmouth. He didn't use the final sub.

Bradley did roll the dice, but the last player id bring on away at a hardened prem while trying to defend a lead is that fairy Ki. And yes again he did faak all apart mince around for a few minutes

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tactics? on 07:48 - Nov 20 with 1950 viewsKilkennyjack

I like Amat and he is one of very few players that another Prem league side might want.
But his clearance header was as poor as Ki's for the goal.

Beware of the Risen People

Tactics? on 08:22 - Nov 20 with 1866 viewsSgorioFruit

Tactics? on 00:28 - Nov 20 by lifelong

Ki should not even be allowed to wear a piece of swans merchandise let alone be in the squad.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Tactics? on 08:34 - Nov 20 with 1835 viewsdameedna

I would not have brought VDH on, we would have been pressed further back.
I might have brought Baston on for Siggy.
I think Fulton had had enough and it was Cork and Amat who were closest to the ball
Ki had nothing to do with the goal unless you count his initial header that was picked up on the corner of the area.
If anything we could have got a second.
Recently Ki has been running hard off the ball and is a good squad player.
He was the obvious choice from the bench other than Baston.
Tactics? on 08:40 - Nov 20 with 1807 viewsDewi1jack

I fully understand Booboo needed to sub Jay, who fair play to the lad, had run himself out to a standstill.
There's always a risk when you bring on "cold" players hence why so many managers won't bring on a sub when they're defending a set piece.
Trouble is, he brought Ki on.
A player who appears sh1tscared to make a tackle, let alone lob his body on the line.
1-0 up. Away from home.
FFS.
It's not rocket science Booboo.
Bring on a defender and play one one of the defence as a defensive midfielder.
The Hoorn would have been ideal.
Either him or Jordi could have played in front of the back four.
Both can carry the ball forward to relieve pressure. Both can fuggin tackle. Both can head the ball.
Both of them will stick their body in front of the ball/ player.

Hopefully Booboo learns from his mistake and never does that again.
Face it boys and girls.
We're stuck with Booboo whilst Coco and the Marx brothers are running the show
Even when Jenkins fuggsoff (probably quite quickly) we're still stuck with the other comedians until the proper money men take action.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Tactics? on 08:47 - Nov 20 with 1784 viewsjack247

Tactics? on 08:34 - Nov 20 by dameedna

I would not have brought VDH on, we would have been pressed further back.
I might have brought Baston on for Siggy.
I think Fulton had had enough and it was Cork and Amat who were closest to the ball
Ki had nothing to do with the goal unless you count his initial header that was picked up on the corner of the area.
If anything we could have got a second.
Recently Ki has been running hard off the ball and is a good squad player.
He was the obvious choice from the bench other than Baston.

Ki and Amat both should have cleared in the lead up to Colemans goal. There were worse errors than that in the game. The sort of thing that would be instantly forgotten had the header not gone in.
Tactics? on 08:52 - Nov 20 with 1773 viewsItchySphincter

Tactics? on 00:31 - Nov 20 by Drizzy

For all of his faults to say you wouldn't have him in the squad is a bit ridiculous. You didn't "just know" that as soon as he'd come on they'd equalise. Revisionist b*llocks and you know it. You're angry. We're all angry.

Yeah, but you actually believe that Ki is one of our best players.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tactics? on 09:29 - Nov 20 with 1687 viewsMrSwerve

Guidolin was slated for bringing defenders on late in the game, just saying.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tactics? on 10:11 - Nov 20 with 1593 viewsJango

Tactics? on 09:29 - Nov 20 by MrSwerve

Guidolin was slated for bringing defenders on late in the game, just saying.

Any chance to have a cheap shot really. A pathetic thread full stop.
Tactics? on 10:24 - Nov 20 with 1554 viewsmagicdaps10

What would i do if 1-0 up with little time left on the clock!?

Well it is obvious that the opposition will be going for it and will have their full backs pushed on

SO

I would put a holder infront of the back four and play two speedsters out wide with no central striker. It is a case of playing for territory at this point and get the wingers to chase down and when in possession aim for the corners.

We started yestreday

FABIANSKI

NAUGHTON-FEDE-AMAT-TAYLOR

FULTON-CORK

ROUTLEDGE-FER-BARROW

SIGURDSSON

I would have finished it

FABIANSKI

NAUGHTON-AMAT-FERNANDEZ-TAYLOR

CORK-VAN DER HOORN

DYER-FER-SIGGY-ROUTLEDGE

I know it is easy to be wise after the even but it baffles me why when under pressure coaches dont see the outlet ball down the flanks for wingers to chase down. It often results in a throwing, if against you then you can reset and eats into the seconds and if for you does the exact same but eats into even more seconds. As a defender you dont even have to look for the pass, if you have two wingers as the outlet then you know all you have to do is knowck it high upfield and out wide and you have a chance.

Van Der Hoorn sits infront of the back four, Cork creates the cover infront of him and you get Siggy and Fer to offer the protection to the full backs.
Their centre halves will have more time on the ball granted but the main ball for them is long, straight and high towards the front men. You just hope VDH with is height wins the aerial ball first.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tactics? on 10:31 - Nov 20 with 1538 viewsmagicdaps10

Tactics? on 06:05 - Nov 20 by jack247

1-0 up, away from home, under the cosh and against a better team. Subs left on the bench and a young player who has worked himself into the ground and is blowing out his arse. Has any manager in the history of football not brought a sub on in those circumstances?

The issue was bringing the wrong player on. I'd have certainly brought VDH on then, if not sooner and asked Gylfi to step even further back, just using the two widemen (I know they had bad games) as outlets. He just decided to go for a like for like swap. It didn't work out, but I don't blame him for that and I'm one of his harshest critics.

Didnt read you post when i originally posted but totally agree with your wingers as outlets.

Most teams will push the full backs on and just have the two centre halves back, there is a situation to exploit the full back areas under these circumstances.
Sometimes i think modern football can over complicate things, head for the corners and relieve the pressure.

Tactics? on 10:36 - Nov 20 with 1518 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I agree, never Ki and definitely VDH, he clears as well as any player.
Tactics? on 10:39 - Nov 20 with 1508 viewsmagicdaps10

Tactics? on 10:36 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree, never Ki and definitely VDH, he clears as well as any player.

At that point in the game then you need someone who can get stuck in and be physical........................does Ki tick those boxes!?

Tactics? on 10:49 - Nov 20 with 1468 viewsjack247

Tactics? on 10:39 - Nov 20 by magicdaps10

At that point in the game then you need someone who can get stuck in and be physical........................does Ki tick those boxes!?

It was the type of mistake I'd expect from a manager out of his depth. Obviously magnified by the fact we conceded, and that was hardly solely down to Ki. Credit where it's due, there were a lot of positives from yesterday, he surpassed my expectations by a long way, despite the late goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024