Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region 14:47 - Dec 16 with 837 viewswaynekerr55

Comrades - any suggestions?

Lisa I hear you are a resident of this fine part of town!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:02 - Dec 16 with 822 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bound to be a Maccy D's or Pret a f*cking Mamger round there mun.

Poll: Tory leader

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:03 - Dec 16 with 822 viewsShonky

F3k is around there. Not sure what the food is like as I only ever went in there to get some puff(decades ago) but Ive heard people talking about it.

http://www.f3k-london.co.uk/food-and-drink/
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 15:07]

Its just a ride...

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:14 - Dec 16 with 808 viewswaynekerr55

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:02 - Dec 16 by exiledclaseboy

Bound to be a Maccy D's or Pret a f*cking Mamger round there mun.

FFS mun Clasey

BTW glad your move has gone through. Still waiting to exchange. Bloody Land Registry Rule 17...

Almost there

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:23 - Dec 16 with 798 viewsWarwickHunt

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:03 - Dec 16 by Shonky

F3k is around there. Not sure what the food is like as I only ever went in there to get some puff(decades ago) but Ive heard people talking about it.

http://www.f3k-london.co.uk/food-and-drink/
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 15:07]

Nip across the road to Best Mangal. Excellent and cheap too.

http://www.bestmangal.com/
Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:59 - Dec 16 with 769 viewswaynekerr55

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 15:23 - Dec 16 by WarwickHunt

Nip across the road to Best Mangal. Excellent and cheap too.

http://www.bestmangal.com/

I'll try that the next time I do a late shift 👍

The cakes in Mirabelle were nice.

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:09 - Dec 16 with 760 viewslondonlisa2001

What sort of thing are you after Wayne?

Best Indian - Karma on Blythe Road just behind Olympia. Not Mr Indian which is mediocre at best, and Karma is better than Best Mangal (sorry Warwick).

Best steak (probably in London) is the Popeseye - also in Blythe Road (note it only does steak, so if with a veggie or fish eater, forget it).

Great pizzas - The Bird in Hand on Masbro Road

Great fish and chips (eat in) - Kerbisher & Malt on Shepherds Bush Road

Good tapas - Los Molinos (also Shepherds Bush Road).

Best gastro pub - The Havelock Tavern on Masbro Road.

Best Italian (other than pizza which is as above) is Pentolino on Blythe Road.

Really Good Thai food in Latymers on Hammersmith Road.

If you want something 'posher' (although it's not too pricey) then there is a superb vegetarian restaurant behind the Hammersmith Apollo called The Gate (which is in a conversion of Frank Brangwyn''s house, he of the Brangwyn Hall fame).

Should be enough to go on with...
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 16:10]
Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:11 - Dec 16 with 754 viewswaynekerr55

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:09 - Dec 16 by londonlisa2001

Best Indian - Karma on Blythe Road just behind Olympia. Not Mr Indian which is mediocre at best, and Karma is better than Best Mangal (sorry Warwick).

Best steak (probably in London) is the Popeseye - also in Blythe Road (note it only does steak, so if with a veggie or fish eater, forget it).

If you want something 'posher' (although it's not too pricey) then there is a superb vegetarian restaurant behind the Hammersmith Apollo called The Gate (which is in a conversion of Frank Brangwyn''s house, he of the Brangwyn Hall fame).

Decent 👍

I'm now based in sunny Gliddon Road for the foreseeable future in work. Good to know where to dash to. I look forward to Popeseye!!!

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:27 - Dec 16 with 738 viewsmax936

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:11 - Dec 16 by waynekerr55

Decent 👍

I'm now based in sunny Gliddon Road for the foreseeable future in work. Good to know where to dash to. I look forward to Popeseye!!!

Epaul will know all the greasy spoons if you fancy it Wayne, loves fine dinning does Paul

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:28 - Dec 16 with 732 viewslondonlisa2001

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:11 - Dec 16 by waynekerr55

Decent 👍

Genuinely unbelievable steaks in there.

Btw - you're right on the Mirabelle cakes - their coffee is v good too.
Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 17:36 - Dec 16 with 691 viewsWarwickHunt

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:09 - Dec 16 by londonlisa2001

I don't doubt that Karma is better than Best Mangal for a curry seeing as Mangal is a Turkish restaurant.

Yer daft racist.

There's a branch Of Kerbisher & Malt in Sheen - great for fish and chips. They don't do pizzas though...
Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 17:49 - Dec 16 with 673 viewslondonlisa2001

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 17:36 - Dec 16 by WarwickHunt

I don't doubt that Karma is better than Best Mangal for a curry seeing as Mangal is a Turkish restaurant.

Yer daft racist.

There's a branch Of Kerbisher & Malt in Sheen - great for fish and chips. They don't do pizzas though...

Hahaha - bugger - I was thinking of the Miran :-)

Our Kerbisher & Malt does fish and chips too - as I said in my original post when I mentioned the pizzas at the Bird in Hand
Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 19:52 - Dec 16 with 637 viewsepaul

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 17:36 - Dec 16 by WarwickHunt

Yer daft racist.

Mangal is really good went there with daf and Paul M after watching the swans in F3k we prob lost

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 19:53 - Dec 16 with 636 viewsepaul

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 16:27 - Dec 16 by max936

Epaul will know all the greasy spoons if you fancy it Wayne, loves fine dinning does Paul

Dirty chicken opposite F3K nuff said

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 19:55 - Dec 16 with 629 viewsmax936

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 19:53 - Dec 16 by epaul

Dirty chicken opposite F3K nuff said

Posh as fuk ew mushtaq

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 20:16 - Dec 16 with 614 viewsLoyal

If it's a lady's part you are looking to infiltrate - I think a quick grope is pretty much nailed on after four G&T's ( go early between 5 and 7 is when most special offers kick off ) You can't beat a kebab after a few shorts so all in even in London you will spend about £25.
She will never forget it trust me 👍
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 20:17]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 20:55 - Dec 16 with 596 viewsepaul

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 19:55 - Dec 16 by max936

Posh as fuk ew mushtaq

No airs and graces on me mush

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 21:05 - Dec 16 with 588 viewsmax936

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 20:55 - Dec 16 by epaul

No airs and graces on me mush

Only Tattoos

Eateries in the Olympia/Barons Court/Hammersmith Road region on 21:52 - Dec 16 with 569 viewsGlyn1

Man up! If you want to invite Lisa for a meal, then just say so. In fact, it would be very rude of you not to.

PS Another vote for the Latimers Arms for Thai food and also Fullers beers and sports on TV. There's a kebab shop opposite Hammersmith station that is open until at least,3 a.m. And newsflash, the Piccadilly underground is now open all through the night on Sat & Sun.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 22:12]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024