Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby Journalist take on Clement 17:14 - Dec 30 with 2141 viewsshandyjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-track-swansea-c

Poll: Expectation for the season

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 17:18 - Dec 30 with 2089 viewsBanosswan

So was it extra-curricular activities that got him sacked or are they just rumours?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 17:27 - Dec 30 with 2006 viewsNatterjack

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 17:18 - Dec 30 by Banosswan

So was it extra-curricular activities that got him sacked or are they just rumours?

He'll fit right in here then..... there's a nice rental going next to Nathan Dyer's gaff !
Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:10 - Dec 30 with 1734 viewsLeonWasGod

It's starting to look like it really could be Clement isn't it (or Rowett). I'll welcome him of course and hope he does well. But he is a gamble. This would be a typical Swansea signing of getting someone relatively inexperienced or down on their luck or under the radar, hoping they can blossom into something that other clubs have missed.

It pours more cold water on Huw's repeated statements about taking the club to the next level in order to compete in an increasingly competitive league. I think we all knew, or at least suspected, that was bollox but the net transfer profit from the American's first window, Bob's appointment and now this (assuming it happens) tells me that the new owners will not be spending any more than the old regime to 'take us to the next level'. I've said it many times before that it's business as usual with regards to signings. Some on here are expecting some exciting signings in January. Off the back of an appointment like this, I can't see that happening sadly and I suspect we'll get 2 or 3 in the Naughton / Jack mould - players who have fallen out of favour for a reason and have barely played any football. We'll expect them and an inexperienced manager to cone in and make a difference. And we'll probably be disappointed.

I'm glad Bob has gone as that was the worse I've ever seen us perform as a team, but I'm still feeling pessimistic about the route it looks like we are taking.

I hope I'm wrong.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:47]
Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 1568 viewsGlyn1

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 17:18 - Dec 30 by Banosswan

I've heard that they're just rumours, but that's only a rumour. A very poor run of results and falling from 1st down to 5th are more likely but most people here like a good gossip.

He may have got fewer points in his last 7 matches than Bradley did, which isn't reassuring, but there you go.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:50]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:48 - Dec 30 with 1532 views3swan

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:10 - Dec 30 by LeonWasGod

It's starting to look like it really could be Clement isn't it (or Rowett). I'll welcome him of course and hope he does well. But he is a gamble. This would be a typical Swansea signing of getting someone relatively inexperienced or down on their luck or under the radar, hoping they can blossom into something that other clubs have missed.

It pours more cold water on Huw's repeated statements about taking the club to the next level in order to compete in an increasingly competitive league. I think we all knew, or at least suspected, that was bollox but the net transfer profit from the American's first window, Bob's appointment and now this (assuming it happens) tells me that the new owners will not be spending any more than the old regime to 'take us to the next level'. I've said it many times before that it's business as usual with regards to signings. Some on here are expecting some exciting signings in January. Off the back of an appointment like this, I can't see that happening sadly and I suspect we'll get 2 or 3 in the Naughton / Jack mould - players who have fallen out of favour for a reason and have barely played any football. We'll expect them and an inexperienced manager to cone in and make a difference. And we'll probably be disappointed.

I'm glad Bob has gone as that was the worse I've ever seen us perform as a team, but I'm still feeling pessimistic about the route it looks like we are taking.

I hope I'm wrong.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:47]

If it is Clement it would be interesting to see what he's been promised for the transfer window.

Why would he take a risk on the club going down without some sort of backing?
Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:48 - Dec 30 with 1526 views34dfgdf54

I thought he was known for his sides playing a good brand of football? Derby fans didn't seem too impressed.
Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:40 - Dec 30 with 1306 viewswaynekerr55

Players apparently had the hump with him due to his authoritarian approach.

He must have something about him if Carlo Ancelloti takes him everywhere though.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:44 - Dec 30 with 1282 viewsLeonWasGod

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:48 - Dec 30 by 3swan

If it is Clement it would be interesting to see what he's been promised for the transfer window.

Why would he take a risk on the club going down without some sort of backing?

Maybe they've promised him they'll be sticking by him and there's a good chance he'll be the one to build us back up in the Championship with the nice big parachute payments? I really can't see us splashing the cash in Jan. Nothing points to that. Maybe I'll be wrong though.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:48 - Dec 30 with 1254 viewsLeonWasGod

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:48 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

I thought he was known for his sides playing a good brand of football? Derby fans didn't seem too impressed.

By association with Bayern I suspect. He's only managed for 6 months and that was with Derby, so it's probably a better indication than Bayern.

Mind you, Brendan was cr@p at Reading. We made him as much as he made us.
Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:50 - Dec 30 with 1229 viewsDr_Winston

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 18:48 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Apart from Derby they haven't been "his" sides.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:58 - Dec 30 with 1179 viewsStarsky

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:40 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

Players apparently had the hump with him due to his authoritarian approach.

He must have something about him if Carlo Ancelloti takes him everywhere though.

You know what?

Being as the club have disaproved of every manager since Brendan.. I hope that he is authoritarian.

I hope he makes them work their bollocks off. You reap what you sow

It's just the internet, init.

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 20:00 - Dec 30 with 1156 viewswaynekerr55

Derby Journalist take on Clement on 19:58 - Dec 30 by Starsky

You know what?

Being as the club have disaproved of every manager since Brendan.. I hope that he is authoritarian.

I hope he makes them work their bollocks off. You reap what you sow

Work smart, not hard

I'm all for it. He'll earn extra bonus points if he puts that toad Taylor in the stiffs...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024