Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Optimism .Where did it go 09:56 - Apr 3 with 1889 viewsperchrockjack

Gone on the wind.

Hope we weren't too quick to fall in love

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Optimism .Where did it go on 10:14 - Apr 3 with 1346 viewsnantywatcher

Let's see what happens Wednesday - I'm fast falling out of love with PC - got a horrible feeling he's going to play a 11 man defence line-up.
Optimism .Where did it go on 10:22 - Apr 3 with 1333 viewsperchrockjack

Me too.

I admit I was really excited before Hull.Now, I feel deja vu is around the corner.

At least rotledge has been dumped (hopefully) but it seems our defence will be that which has smashed our dreams. THAT and some appalling buys, which is why Jenkins and he alone stands convicted of feck it all up.

For me ,the sale is a side issue. We started the season with appalling defenders including the disgusting Taylor . Our main buy has simply been left in the cold. Why? Its worth an explanation, more so than the Cooze question .

I feel sad today, really down.

Its as if a dream has been a reality then washed away and it didnt need to be

Optimism .Where did it go on 10:36 - Apr 3 with 1304 viewsjack247

Optimism .Where did it go on 10:14 - Apr 3 by nantywatcher

Let's see what happens Wednesday - I'm fast falling out of love with PC - got a horrible feeling he's going to play a 11 man defence line-up.

He is. The way we play is reasonably effective against teams that take the game to us. It relies so heavily on Llorente though it's s disaster waiting to happen. Not really blaming Clement for that, he has been left with a striker no-one seems to rate, a hot prospect who probably isn't quite ready yet and Ayew.

If you could guarantee everyone staying fit and available for the rest of the season, I'd still be confident. One or two key injuries derails us completely.
Optimism .Where did it go on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 1265 viewstomdickharry

Optimism .Where did it go on 10:22 - Apr 3 by perchrockjack

Me too.

I admit I was really excited before Hull.Now, I feel deja vu is around the corner.

At least rotledge has been dumped (hopefully) but it seems our defence will be that which has smashed our dreams. THAT and some appalling buys, which is why Jenkins and he alone stands convicted of feck it all up.

For me ,the sale is a side issue. We started the season with appalling defenders including the disgusting Taylor . Our main buy has simply been left in the cold. Why? Its worth an explanation, more so than the Cooze question .

I feel sad today, really down.

Its as if a dream has been a reality then washed away and it didnt need to be

Good post,as a rider to the Baston question why wasn't he sold or sent out on Loan in the January window.
Optimism .Where did it go on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 1249 viewsSwanjaxs

Optimism .Where did it go on 10:14 - Apr 3 by nantywatcher

Throw the kitchen sink at Spurs! Could go tits up but it's shìt or bust time

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:21 - Apr 3 with 1222 viewsjack247

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:06 - Apr 3 by tomdickharry

Good post,as a rider to the Baston question why wasn't he sold or sent out on Loan in the January window.

I'm guessing he would have been if we had any serious offers for him. Ayew came in late, so potentially there was the worry of leaving us with just Llorente and McBurnie?
Optimism .Where did it go on 11:24 - Apr 3 with 1208 views34dfgdf54

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:13 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

We would get humiliated.

Boro, the worst attack in the league looked dangerous at times when we had men behind the ball, Spurs would annihilate us as they did at WHL
Optimism .Where did it go on 11:26 - Apr 3 with 1201 viewsPegojack

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:13 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

I'd hate to be in Clement's shoes having to select a team, particularly if Llorente isn't available.

I think going gung ho would only result in a pasting. We have to try and be reasonably solid at the back, frustrate them for half an hour and see if we can nick something on the counter or from a set piece. And if someone could kick Ali in the goolies and get away with it, that would be a bonus.
Login to get fewer ads

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 1174 viewsSwanjaxs

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:24 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

We would get humiliated.

Boro, the worst attack in the league looked dangerous at times when we had men behind the ball, Spurs would annihilate us as they did at WHL

Do you not think that if we sat in and "invited them on to us" just like we did at WHL (no shots on or off target, no corners and 86% possession for the home team) we just might be humiliated again? We are at home, under the lights and hopefully the faithful will be rite up for it making for an intimidating atmosphere. ... surely let's have a good go at them yea?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 1173 viewsLoyal

On to the motorway thread.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:43 - Apr 3 with 1150 viewsperchrockjack

We actually could have lost as Gestede did us a massive favour by missing an open goal right at the death

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:44 - Apr 3 with 1148 viewshammy

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:34 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Do you not think that if we sat in and "invited them on to us" just like we did at WHL (no shots on or off target, no corners and 86% possession for the home team) we just might be humiliated again? We are at home, under the lights and hopefully the faithful will be rite up for it making for an intimidating atmosphere. ... surely let's have a good go at them yea?

Surely we've got to play this game the same way we did at Liverpool and Man City. I appreciate it's a home game, but there's nothing that Spurs like more than to counter attack. Let's play them at their own game, frustrate them and hopefully with Llorente back we might just sneak a point or three. Unfortunately, we're in a position where we have to play a very pragmatic game (i.e., not conceding goals) to the end of the season.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 1122 views34dfgdf54

When you say it like that you have a point actually.

I think we are f*cked either way to be honest, especially as Llorente is looking like he's out.
Optimism .Where did it go on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 1120 viewsJackFish

We didn't sit and invite them onto us at WHL, we played Barrow, Montero and Gylfi with Fer doing what he usually did at the start of the season and not providing any defensive cover in midfield, leaving us hideously exposed at the back. Still trying to decide if that game or the Man Utd home game when Bradley decided to play two strikers but not put any pressure on the ball so they walked through us every single time was our most inept tactical performance of the season, although there's plenty of other candidates to choose from.
Optimism .Where did it go on 12:21 - Apr 3 with 1065 viewsjack247

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:50 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

When you say it like that you have a point actually.

I think we are f*cked either way to be honest, especially as Llorente is looking like he's out.

He doesn't have a point. We haven't played like that once under Clement. That was the game Bob should have been put out of his misery. Montero, Barrow and Gylfi and we just allowed them to dominate midfield.

Yes, we are probably going to lose anyway, but Clement will play it cautiously. He won't go hung-ho.
Optimism .Where did it go on 12:30 - Apr 3 with 1038 viewsSwanjaxs

Optimism .Where did it go on 12:21 - Apr 3 by jack247

He doesn't have a point. We haven't played like that once under Clement. That was the game Bob should have been put out of his misery. Montero, Barrow and Gylfi and we just allowed them to dominate midfield.

Yes, we are probably going to lose anyway, but Clement will play it cautiously. He won't go hung-ho.

So just roll over then 👍 no wonder we're going down

Optimism .Where did it go on 12:35 - Apr 3 with 1014 viewsFlashberryjack

Optimism .Where did it go on 11:06 - Apr 3 by tomdickharry

Don't think we could find a club dull enough to buy him at anywhere near what we paid for him.

Probably the same with a loan deal.....what club would pay good wages for a bench warmer that doesn't even come on when the main striker comes off........oh yes!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Optimism .Where did it go on 12:40 - Apr 3 with 998 viewsjack247

Optimism .Where did it go on 12:30 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

So just roll over then 👍 no wonder we're going down

Do you not realise there is a happy medium between rolling over and going all out attack against a team like Spurs?
Optimism .Where did it go on 12:52 - Apr 3 with 979 viewsdickythorpe

Replaced by "REALITY" Perch........

I'll have no complaints if we go down from a playing perspective, as they are professional players earning obscene amounts,some stealing a living, but ultimately very mediocre talent that cant hack it.

Behind the scenes decision making has been the real "sideshow" this season.
Optimism .Where did it go on 13:39 - Apr 3 with 913 viewsLeonWasGod

Routs hasn't been dropped. He missed yesterday for 'personal reasons' according to the club's twitter feed.

We can't go toe-to-toe with Spurs. He'll keep it tight, and this is likely to be the type of game where his approach might work as we'll have chances to break and use our pace more. Boro was not that sort of game with them throwing the kichen sink behind the ball.

I'm bizarrely more confident about this than i was for the Bournmouth and Hull games.
Optimism .Where did it go on 13:41 - Apr 3 with 908 viewsmonmouth

Optimism .Where did it go on 13:39 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

Routs hasn't been dropped. He missed yesterday for 'personal reasons' according to the club's twitter feed.

We can't go toe-to-toe with Spurs. He'll keep it tight, and this is likely to be the type of game where his approach might work as we'll have chances to break and use our pace more. Boro was not that sort of game with them throwing the kichen sink behind the ball.

I'm bizarrely more confident about this than i was for the Bournmouth and Hull games.

"Use our pace more"

Have you been using crack LWG?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Optimism .Where did it go on 13:42 - Apr 3 with 904 viewsperchrockjack

Dear God

Makes me feel worse.

Can't be guilt on his part I suppose

Optimism .Where did it go on 13:43 - Apr 3 with 901 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed, dicky, indeed

Optimism .Where did it go on 13:43 - Apr 3 with 901 viewsJackFish

Optimism .Where did it go on 13:41 - Apr 3 by monmouth

"Use our pace more"

Was thinking the same thing, other than Narsingh (and he doesn't look that fast either) we must have one of the slowest attacking lineups in the league?
Optimism .Where did it go on 13:47 - Apr 3 with 881 viewsLeonWasGod

Optimism .Where did it go on 13:41 - Apr 3 by monmouth

"Use our pace more"

Ha, just clutching for straws.

I was thinking about Olsson really, but with with Ayew playing on the shoulder there may be more chance to get in behind Spurs than Boro. Depends on Spurs really and whether they play a high line.

We're fooked aren't we?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024