Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) 18:06 - Oct 28 with 2080 viewsdickythorpe

So and so is gash, chairman is a kent, manager out.

Do we want a side that tries for the shirt and the city or do we want a side that is just passing through us for a PL experience?

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 18:08 - Oct 28 with 2059 viewsjojaca

I want to see my triangles back not this negative I am scared of the other team football.

Even when you know, you never know?

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 23:06 - Oct 28 with 1957 viewsZZoric

- a solid, largely error free backline (currently 6.5/10)
- an energetic, tight midfield 3 - to build and sustain a high tempo of control (5/10)
- an effervescent fwd line that hunts deep and breaks with intent (4.5/10)

today they showed glimpses of what we want - a semblance of the above and a desire/togetherness - Ki was the epitome of that

unfortunately had u chosen to badge this thread with negative connotations eg "What dont we want?" - it would've been flooded with the usual dirge and thrived - with more than 2 comments to date
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 1925 viewsswanforthemoney

I want us to develop some coherent attacking moves that are effective and repeatable.
I.e. We should develop a number of plays or patterns of play where the players know exactly what to do when going forward.
E.g. 1. We used have a move where a midfielder such as JDG would pass the ball from 30 - 40 yards to someone like Bpny and just keep running into the box for the return ball. When they weren't tracked they were in the clear.
2. Another move had Rangel and Dyer working a position on the byline and cutting the ball back.
3. The obvious was last season, we'd buy a free kick for Siggy to hit it, or play it in for Nando.
4. Over the years there's been numerous plays where the crowd, let alone the players has known more or less what would happen next and where the goals were going to come from.

I just don't see us having an attacking 'playbook' this season. Players just slowly work the ball forward and hope for some magic in the final third.

I stand in the North Stand

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 00:15 - Oct 29 with 1858 viewsswan65split

back to the free swanselona style exciting refreshing and successful after years of shyte it was lifegiving,..........but looks like we are going back to the shyte.
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 00:59 - Oct 29 with 1833 viewsJackSkellington

I want the whole team to get into the habit of knowing where their next pass is going before the ball arrives.
I want Naughton to stop dithering and just pass or cross first time, and stop leaving his man unmarked.
I want Mawson to stop doing his trademark turn and trying to be overly clever.
I want Olsson to play like he did last season, get forward and attack.
I want Mesa to be given a run of games to get his confidence up.
I want Tom Carroll to wake the f**k up and constantly be prepared for a pass instead of standing still and looking surprised to see the ball.
I want Clucas to be given a go down the left midfield or wing, he looks a much better player in that area of the park.
I want Ki to remember that he's allowed to score goals.
I want Sanches to recover his form and stop taking the worst corners I've ever seen.
I want Leon to teach Mesa everything he knows.
I want Fer to put the f**king effort in... and he can remember that he's allowed to shoot too.
I want Ayew to utilised the undoubted technical skill he has and be more dangerous with it. No one ever believes he's going to score, least of all him.
I want our wingers to run at defenders, take them on and have the self belief to beat them or at least draw the foul.
I want Fab, Fede and Tammy to generally keep on doing what they're doing, although I'd like Fab to stop kicking away possession at every goal kick.
I want the team to be more positionally aware of their teammates so they don't constantly dither, wondering who to pass to.
I want triangles, triangles, triangles.
I want it to be made a droppable offence to repeatedly hide by deliberately standing behind or next to opposition players so they can't receive a pass.
I specifically want the entire team to practice: 1) passing forwards ahead of the player so they can run onto the ball at speed; 2) hitting crosses first time at speed to whip them in; 3) set plays - come up with some inventive training ground moves for corners and free kicks, do something different, be quick, incisive and find a way to surprise the opposition. This also includes throw-ins.
That's probably enough to be getting on with.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 1:01]
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 01:03 - Oct 29 with 1826 viewswhiterock

Swansolona has gone never to return
Thing is, and unfortunately, the game has moved on, if we try to ply our neat triangles now we’d get mugged, we need to adapted, instant
Can we get 10/15 points between now and Jan? Yes, we will survive yet again, if you don’t want to watch another year of struggle then so be it but that’s Swansea City 2017 and after 50 years of being a monkey jack, 40 of which have been crap, I’ll do another few years, you in for the ride, yes or no?
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 01:42 - Oct 29 with 1767 viewsdameedna

The triangles have gone. I want the management to recognise that the players are not at fault. They were set up badly against Leicester but well against Spurs and Arsenal. I want Clement to shoulder the blame for poor set ups that dont work and to stop singling out a few players for praise or criticism. There should be more screening of press releases any imbalances should be addressed with the squad not the press.
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 01:50 - Oct 29 with 1800 viewsTheKirkyLife

I want Jenkins out with the owners, whoever they may be, prepared to invest towards a team that should have a healthy balance of players who want to be at Swansea City and players who perhaps have their aims set higher.

It gives everyone the incentive to try hard and play for the shirt - loyalty combined with excellence is rewarded with first team football for the foreseeable future at a Premier League club.
Login to get fewer ads

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 02:33 - Oct 29 with 1751 viewsKilkennyjack

Swanselona style please.

Fab

Naughton
Fede
Mawson
Olson

Ki
Mesa

Dyer
Sanchez
Clucas

Tammy

But ideally we had bought players to fit this style. We haven’t.

I would love to see a team packed full if young welsh talent.
We should be there already.

Huwbert - you can feck off and all. No more.

Beware of the Risen People

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:22 - Oct 29 with 1559 views34dfgdf54

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 02:33 - Oct 29 by Kilkennyjack

Swanselona style please.

Fab

Naughton
Fede
Mawson
Olson

Ki
Mesa

Dyer
Sanchez
Clucas

Tammy

But ideally we had bought players to fit this style. We haven’t.

I would love to see a team packed full if young welsh talent.
We should be there already.

Huwbert - you can feck off and all. No more.

I like this team.

Normally I like teams to play with a lot of width but I don’t think our wingers are at the standard required. I’m still confident we have more than enough to stay up in this league barring injuries, I just haven’t got the same confidence in our coaching staff to pick the right side unfortunately.

Edit - Ayew for Sanches on current form.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 10:30]
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 1538 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 00:59 - Oct 29 by JackSkellington

I want the whole team to get into the habit of knowing where their next pass is going before the ball arrives.
I want Naughton to stop dithering and just pass or cross first time, and stop leaving his man unmarked.
I want Tom Carroll to wake the f**k up and constantly be prepared for a pass instead of standing still and looking surprised to see the ball.
I want Clucas to be given a go down the left midfield or wing, he looks a much better player in that area of the park.
I want Sanches to recover his form and stop taking the worst corners I've ever seen.
I want Fer to put the f**king effort in... and he can remember that he's allowed to shoot too.
I want Ayew to utilised the undoubted technical skill he has and be more dangerous with it. No one ever believes he's going to score, least of all him.
I want our wingers to run at defenders, take them on and have the self belief to beat them or at least draw the foul.
I want Fab, Fede and Tammy to generally keep on doing what they're doing, although I'd like Fab to stop kicking away possession at every goal kick.
I want the team to be more positionally aware of their teammates so they don't constantly dither, wondering who to pass to.
I want it to be made a droppable offence to repeatedly hide by deliberately standing behind or next to opposition players so they can't receive a pass.
I specifically want the entire team to practice: 1) passing forwards ahead of the player so they can run onto the ball at speed; 2) hitting crosses first time at speed to whip them in; 3) set plays - come up with some inventive training ground moves for corners and free kicks, do something different, be quick, incisive and find a way to surprise the opposition. This also includes throw-ins.

This in spades.
Plus recognise when a fellow player is making a run and pass the ball to him and not sideways or back.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 10:32]
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:31 - Oct 29 with 1534 viewstrampie

Swans need some Welsh players and regain its Welsh identity that seems to be lost in recent years.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 1520 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:31 - Oct 29 by trampie

Swans need some Welsh players and regain its Welsh identity that seems to be lost in recent years.

How many Premier level Welsh players are there apart from Joey and Ramsey who are at bigger cubs?
Of course we could make an offer for Bale.
What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:54 - Oct 29 with 1481 viewstrampie

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:35 - Oct 29 by A_Fans_Dad

How many Premier level Welsh players are there apart from Joey and Ramsey who are at bigger cubs?

Go through the Welsh squad, King - Leicester, Hennessy - Palace, Davies - Spurs, Williams - Everton, Woodburn, Ward- Liverpool, Ampadu - Chelsea, Vokes - Burnley, Robson Kanu - WBA.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:57 - Oct 29 with 1471 viewsDewi1jack

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 10:35 - Oct 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Jenkins tried but "due to technical faults with the carrier pigeon/ steam powered fax machine, the papers weren't delivered in time."

I want some stability back in the club.
I want people in charge who will push for success for the club- success in business normally leads to increased wages and bonuses for those in charge anyway.
We can't go on wasting millions on players that don't suit us or bringing in every waif and stray free transfer.
There are some good free transfers always available, so either the club needs to listen to the scouts or the scouts need sacking and a decent team bringing in.

We can't go on hiring and firing managers every few months.
Sooner or later only mercenaries will turn up to play for the club, as they know they'll see 4/ 5/ 6/ 7+ managers come and go in their 3 year contract. Think how many Ki has already played under.
Plus continually paying up 2/ 3 year contracts, even at £10k a week, gets expensive.

Most of all?
I want a Trust that is communicative and informative. A Trust that does what it says on the tin and has the best interests of OUR club at heart.
They're just another thing that's leaving me disillusioned with the club

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 12:00 - Oct 29 with 1420 viewsBloodyhills

Thus in spades.
Good thread.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 12:04 - Oct 29 with 1408 viewsmonmouth

I want us to be Southampton with an effective supporters trust bolted on

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What do we want? Serious thread (for once) on 12:08 - Oct 29 with 1396 viewstrampie

Swansea haven't got the players, Swansea need an attacking creative midfielder just like Gylfi, when I think of Swansea I think of Leon Britton, neat and tidy, little 5 yard sideways passes and never scored a goal in the Premier League.
Swans should bid for Scott Sinclair and Joe Allen in January.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024