Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? 19:15 - Apr 7 with 19296 viewsHammersmithR

Why didn’t he come on the pitch with his team mates? Clearly didn’t fancy it.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:26 - Apr 7 with 7649 viewsHayesender

Bottled it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:30 - Apr 7 with 7609 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Injured in the warm up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:30 - Apr 7 with 7604 viewsNortholt_Rs

Shat his pants. Coward.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:33 - Apr 7 with 7552 viewsNed_Kennedys

They played the music so loud you could hardly hear the names of the players being introduced: amateurish.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:34 - Apr 7 with 7555 viewsflynnbo

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:33 - Apr 7 by Ned_Kennedys

They played the music so loud you could hardly hear the names of the players being introduced: amateurish.

I was sort of hoping that that team was going to replace those imposters in the hoops.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:37 - Apr 7 with 7484 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hiding away as per usual. Teflon Les, always making the decisions but accepting none of the blame.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 7495 viewsRangersw12

I think the comments on this thread answer the ops question

He also probably didn't want the day ruined for the others
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 20:22 - Apr 7 with 7288 viewsPunteR

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:40 - Apr 7 by Rangersw12

I think the comments on this thread answer the ops question

He also probably didn't want the day ruined for the others

Yeh. Stupid timing by the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 20:36 - Apr 7 with 7236 viewscorse

Hiding. Coward.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 20:48 - Apr 7 with 7132 viewsCateLeBonR

I thought it was the right decision.

I only hope they took another photograph of that team afterwards, with Les at the front.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 7099 viewsNorthantsHoop

I felt a bit sorry for the class of 92, it was all a bit down and bless him Gerry Francis trying to gee us all up, but unfortunately the current players wearing the blue & white hoops are useless and so it proved in the 2nd half.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 20:52 - Apr 7 with 7089 viewsHammersmithR

I sit in the Loft and couldn’t hear anything. The acoustics are shocking. Might as well not interview anyone on the pitch.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:02 - Apr 7 with 7026 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm on the record here for a while now that I think we need a change as DoF. I hated saying it as calling for someone to lose their job is an awful thing to do, no matter what job we're talking about.

But all week I've been reading the media stuff on the 92-93 team, and the historic interviews, It's clear that Ferdinand was well liked by the people who knew him best, his team-mates. He's clearly a nice fella.

So, as bad as I feel about calling for him to lose his job, can we spare the guessing about why he didn't show up today? Can we spare the jibes about cowardice? Can we spare the implications (on other threads) of laziness, of indifference, of (even) corruption?

Isn't it just possible that he's trying his best, and that his best is just not good enough?
Isn't it possible that he stayed off the pitch because he didn't want any booing to take away from the well-deserved applause for his ex-teammates?
Isn't it possible to assess someone's performance without assassinating their character?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 6944 viewsPunteR

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:02 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm on the record here for a while now that I think we need a change as DoF. I hated saying it as calling for someone to lose their job is an awful thing to do, no matter what job we're talking about.

But all week I've been reading the media stuff on the 92-93 team, and the historic interviews, It's clear that Ferdinand was well liked by the people who knew him best, his team-mates. He's clearly a nice fella.

So, as bad as I feel about calling for him to lose his job, can we spare the guessing about why he didn't show up today? Can we spare the jibes about cowardice? Can we spare the implications (on other threads) of laziness, of indifference, of (even) corruption?

Isn't it just possible that he's trying his best, and that his best is just not good enough?
Isn't it possible that he stayed off the pitch because he didn't want any booing to take away from the well-deserved applause for his ex-teammates?
Isn't it possible to assess someone's performance without assassinating their character?

It's a really sad state of affairs.
Get these stupid fuking owners out of the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:12 - Apr 7 with 6911 viewslave16

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:08 - Apr 7 by PunteR

Imagine how the owners feel paying the wages for these players every week - the injured ones, the one play and don't show up and the rest who think they are superstars

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:17 - Apr 7 with 6830 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:02 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

He's not shy about picking up his fat pay cheque and throwing people under the bus. If he doesn't like it, how about resigning?
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 6783 viewsted_hendrix

He won't get any personal abuse from me but try and understand people are emotional at the moment we've had almost a decade of LF in the role of DOF.
We don't need scapegoats, we don't need personal abuse pointed In his direction either, we've all got different fingerprints and varying opinions but the way I see It Les Ferdinand has been a huge failure as our DOF, not only that but It's been going on for far too long.

He must go and go quickly, I have no sympathy for him or Gareth Ainsworth either.

At the risk of repeating myself again this Is the worst I've experienced at QPR, I've seen some shyte at LR and some dreadful bad times over the years.

He really should fall on his sword as should a few others at the club.

This is all happening/happened on his watch.

Which begs the question who replaces him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:31 - Apr 7 with 6730 viewspaulparker

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:12 - Apr 7 by lave16

Imagine how the owners feel paying the wages for these players every week - the injured ones, the one play and don't show up and the rest who think they are superstars

The same stupid owners who have been over paying in wages since they set through the door
No lessons learnt , just more incompetence
Absolute fcuking amateurs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:43 - Apr 7 with 6656 viewsLblock

Les coming out in empathy with the current day strikers at the club maybe?

He wanted it -- but missed it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:53 - Apr 7 with 6622 viewsQPR_Jim

Well said, I've never questioned his motivation but it's clear it's not working out.

A lot of people mention his wages as if someone's going to come and do the job for free. We need a well qualified competent replacement and that's not going to be cheap.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:56 - Apr 7 with 6606 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:28 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

He won't get any personal abuse from me but try and understand people are emotional at the moment we've had almost a decade of LF in the role of DOF.
We don't need scapegoats, we don't need personal abuse pointed In his direction either, we've all got different fingerprints and varying opinions but the way I see It Les Ferdinand has been a huge failure as our DOF, not only that but It's been going on for far too long.

He must go and go quickly, I have no sympathy for him or Gareth Ainsworth either.

At the risk of repeating myself again this Is the worst I've experienced at QPR, I've seen some shyte at LR and some dreadful bad times over the years.

He really should fall on his sword as should a few others at the club.

This is all happening/happened on his watch.

Which begs the question who replaces him.

Nice post.

I do understand, Ted. Or at least I try to. I freely admit that it's different since I moved back to Ireland and don't get to games as much.

I agree that's it time for a change. I think he did great work at first - the wage bill, the academy, the scouting revamp, appointing Sinton. I won't forget him for any of that.

But I have reservations now, and have had for some time. Tonight's not the night for it, but either he's making the wrong calls, in which case it's time for a change, or he wants to make the right calls but is being stopped/overruled, in which case he should walk to keep his dignity.

But, in either scenario, there should be no changes while we're in a dogfight. I can only see harm in that for our survival hopes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 22:44 - Apr 7 with 6430 viewsbrad

feel sorry for the lad......hes tried his best ...... but its not working out......the last 2 appiontments have being a disaster....
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 01:30 - Apr 8 with 6161 viewsnumptydumpty

Great shame he was not able to take his place quite rightly at the head of a fantastic team and squad from years gone by.

Understand why he wasn't though.

He has tried his best and to be fair, his playing career for us was outstanding and until 18 months ago, we have been competitive.

It's a great shame but legend status is assured.

He will leave at the end of this season and deserves to with his head held high. A man who cares and does try.

If his judgement on Beale as having loyalty and integrity had been proven, then we could possibly have been in and around the playoffs, and because of that, this season drastically has gone to pot.

I personally would have cheered Sir Les but know half the crowd would have jeered. Some terrible comments on this thread about a club legend though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:48 - Apr 8 with 5916 viewsgazza1

Typical stuff about Sir Les, the owners, etc.........it is probably time Les was replaced (although tbh I do not really know what the DofF roles and responsibilities are at this club), he's a coward, scared, etc - stupid chat, get rid of the owners & we are dead - 100%.

As I said typical rubbish stuff.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 8:50]
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:59 - Apr 8 with 5870 viewsTK1

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 21:08 - Apr 7 by PunteR

More of this. Yeah, get these owners of the club. It's all them. They smashed the club into pieces, got LF to fix it/shield them, it's not worked. Get them out. Yes, they service the debt but they gave us the debt. We were debt free in the PL when they rocked up. We'll work it out in L1 in admin, we've done it before. Year Zero. Start again, but without them. There are experienced football adminstrators at every level out there - eg. Devlin, Frayling, Steve Gallen - who know and love the club who could rebuild it into something from this base. Get them out. Les is a distraction, he'll go anyway. Changing him won't fix anything substantial.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024