Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind 17:13 - Aug 16 with 2352 viewsBFC_Tim

For anyone who didn't do - over 12,000 - best entertainment at Bloomfield Road since Ollie and the Riga Revolution looks like it's underway

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 17:27 - Aug 16 with 2334 viewsstu

Got to agree, that was certainly entertaining.

Tangerine is the new black

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 17:30 - Aug 16 with 2327 viewsTrashcan_Man

Yup - easily the best game at home for at least a season and a half. Went in with a sense of real foreboding - we then lost a local derby as I predicted we would - came out with renewed optimisim for the season ahead.

Bizzarre

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 17:50 - Aug 16 with 2296 viewstommytwojags

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 18:18 - Aug 16 with 2258 viewsOdinsRaven

What a spiteful little bastard the op is. Shocking...

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 2168 viewsWizaard

To be fair to the OP the only ones missing out are the fans who have elected not to go. We all know why, but the target doesn't care, yet they're missing out on the football, the only thing that should count.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 09:57 - Aug 17 with 2040 views1953Original

Odinsraven - don't see anything spiteful about the o/p - I thought the motto of those opposed to the O's was Love Blackpool, Hate Oyston? Far as I can see the only way to love Blackpool is to go and see them play? I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon. I hate the Conservatives but still have to pay my tax!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 13:15 - Aug 17 with 2016 viewsFY4MIKEH

We played some good stuff yesterday. Shouldn't have lost.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 14:08 - Aug 17 with 1988 viewsstu

Not sure about tommy s post was there not over 12000

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 03:22 - Aug 18 with 1864 viewsSkygod

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 08:47 - Aug 18 with 1818 viewsbrassedoff

Whilst I appreciate their stand, I have to say I don't really get all the 'stay at homes until Oyston's go' - if Blackpool FC is your passion and hobby then surely you'd still go and watch them? If the O's weren't in charge there'd be someone just as bad mark my words!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 10:45 - Aug 18 with 1792 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

There aren't many clubs with owners who the fans like, the ones that are become quite well known - Middlesbrough, Everton, Rotherham, Fleetwood, etc. The majority are either obnoxious (e.g. the Glazers ownership has cost United £700m in debt repayments and they've also taken £200m in dividends, the less said about the various owners of Leeds, Bristol Rovers and many others the better) or faceless. Of course sometimes the owners who fans dislike achieve success, as with Hull and Cardiff for example. The dichotomy there is what would the fans prefer - to have ownership that is disliked but successful or have somebody you like but the playing side goes nowhere.

We of course have been in the boat of diminishing performances on the field and highly unpopular ownership, the worst of both worlds as many other clubs have found, so the issue hasn't applied to us. However if Riga does turn the playing side around over the coming months our fans will have that issue to face and the title of the thread will become ever more relevant.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 17:17 - Aug 18 with 1746 viewsstu

and they will come without a doubt.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 18:17 - Aug 18 with 1726 viewsLytham_FY8

One swallow doesn't make a spring, bit early to be having a pop at people who didn't go, everyone has their reasons and you know nothing of individual circumstances.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 19:09 - Aug 18 with 1696 viewsstu

We know that Lytham. We do well people will come. It's a fact of life it happens at every football club across the country.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 19:23 - Aug 18 with 1684 viewsWizaard

To be fair, plenty of people had a pop at those who renewed, with comments on the lines of they were complicit in the destruction of the club by supporting Oyston.

I can therefore understand some slight payback, however it is phrased.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 19:34 - Aug 18 with 1678 viewsstu

payback? we do well they'll come, don't care how much they try to convince you otherwise.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 21:18 - Aug 18 with 1649 viewsspooner

Never had any doubt I'd renew. Watched Blackpool for 50 years+ and endured darker times than these.
Doesn't mean I'm happy. I'll sing my heart out for the players, criticise those who don't put in the effort, despair at poor control, passing, shooting, tackling, marking, a lack of interest after the ball has been lost, blaming others when a mistake has been made and an apathetic approach to wearing tangerine.
However, I turn up every game hoping, not expecting, that today's the day we'll turn it around.
COYP!!

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 21:21 - Aug 18 with 1648 viewsstu

great post

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 10:00 - Aug 19 with 1566 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Throughout the summer there has been supercilious vitriol, condescension and derision spouted from some directions at those who had the temerity to renew their season tickets, and anyone trying to defend their position on the grounds that they are supporters of BFC and not the owners has been classified as the equivalent of a collaborator in a heinous crime - as well as naive in the extreme.

Given that background it is more than reasonable that some criticism can be directed in the opposite direction, and what was posted is incredibly mild compared to the bile that preceded it.

As always at this time of year there are many on holiday and attendances are historically low in August compared to other months, but that is not the only reason for absences on Saturday and we all know it.

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 00:28 - Aug 20 with 1531 viewsPeteGriffin

How was it tonight Tim?
See you at Wigan
UTP
OYSTON FAMILY OUT

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 22:06 - Sep 7 with 1320 viewswe_are_Superior

Problem with message boards is you can bump posts which make the o/p look a bit daft!!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Nose, Spite and Face springs to mind on 08:43 - Sep 8 with 1248 viewsBFC_Tim

That post was made after an excellent second half against Blackburn - had Riga looked at that side and continued to play Cykwa down the right and Fonz down the left then we may not have gone the season without any points!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024