Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer out for 10 weeks 20:25 - Feb 11 with 10746 viewsKerryE

Medial ligament damage...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31431393

Fer out for 10 weeks on 20:35 - Feb 11 with 6607 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Oh buggery bolloçks! The curse, it's the curse....

Fer out for 10 weeks on 20:42 - Feb 11 with 6552 viewsdaveB

thats basically till the end of the season then, real shame

Fer out for 10 weeks on 20:45 - Feb 11 with 6522 viewsjoolsyp

Gutted. He was just beginning to fulfil his potential (played in his best position of course). How unlucky have we been with ACLs and MCLs?

Oh well, at least it seems as though Ramsey has a gameplan and hopefully Adel, Niko, Vargas or Zarate can step into Fer's role.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 6348 viewsRJ6

If he makes a fast recovery not that bad, we've only 5 games in next 7 weeks.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 21:32 - Feb 11 with 6317 viewsstrikerace

Yesterday Ramsey had Zarate in the role, and he looked pretty good. Taarabt would work too.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 21:39 - Feb 11 with 6286 viewsCiderwithRsie

Terrible news for the player, so sad just when he had a chance to show his potential.

But for the club, it is actually the one position where he have reasonable other options. Time for Vargas to maybe "do a Fer" and show what he can do when played in his correct position?

Fer out for 10 weeks on 21:55 - Feb 11 with 6223 viewsozranger

I think Zarate will take over the position, though overall match fitness may be the bigger concern. Adel will shuttle with Jamjar as they are extremely similar - both with good skills, can hold up the ball and distribute it very well. They both play left and drift in, as per the way our team has been playing with "wingers" of late. Anyway, we have a plethora of No. 10s!

Still, horrible for someone to play so well having finally found both his position and his feet and then to have to sit out for so long. Mind you, I do not think that the overall injury took place at the tackle but much earlier as I noted him limping a bit much earlier and was hoping that he would be taken off then, as a precaution. I think the tackle just finished the injury off.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 22:24 - Feb 11 with 6108 viewsHollowayRanger

cant we sign a free agent or something? wet spam are trying to do just that
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-transfer-news-lassana-diarra-m

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/premier-league/qpr-injury-crisis-top-3-free-a

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Fer out for 10 weeks on 22:40 - Feb 11 with 6065 viewsTrance_Trousers

As far as i know you can Holloway, but it`s getting them named in the 25 which is the problem, as i`m sure Diakiti would be bought in the 25 if we had the choice.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Fer out for 10 weeks on 22:42 - Feb 11 with 6055 viewssevenhoop

Goes to show how ridiculous it was to get rid of Mutch, never given a chance

Fer out for 10 weeks on 00:09 - Feb 12 with 5925 viewsNorthernr

A fortnight ago there'd have been at least seven posts on this thread simply saying "good".

And don't start with the 25 man squad stuff again. It's named. It cannot be changed.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 00:18 - Feb 12 with 5901 viewsrrrspricey

Gutted for Fer, shown glimpses of the player he can be on and off al season.

Fickle lot on here! Most have been slagging him off all season despite him being played out of position the majority of the time.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 00:19 - Feb 12 with 5901 viewsGloryHunter

Thank you, Norf.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 00:19 - Feb 12 with 5898 viewsRBlock

Fer out for 10 weeks on 00:28 - Feb 12 with 5876 viewskensalriser

West Ham have only named 22 so they can add a free agent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fer out for 10 weeks on 00:28 - Feb 12 with 5867 viewsHollowayRanger

just seems odd that wet spam are trying to sign a free agent, cant believe they aint already got 25 players

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Fer out for 10 weeks on 07:43 - Feb 12 with 5686 viewsthemodfather

has any other club had 3 cruciates in a season? we do cop em!
dunne, faurlin and fer....sandro has dodgy knees, niko dodgy hamstrings so does hoilett....

Fer out for 10 weeks on 07:55 - Feb 12 with 5657 viewsfakekerby

Plenty of clubs have had injuries this season, take Man Utd or Southampton for example. Another two for Man Utd last night.

We simply sign players with poor fitness records and also don't appear to have a good fitness coach in place. The same guy has been here for a number of years and seems to escape criticism for our poor fitness.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 09:08 - Feb 12 with 5567 viewsPinnerPaul

So true.

But then again there were three pages of abuse for Ramsey up to kick off on Tuesday.

The way its going I think players/managers should be hired on weekly contracts - then we could hire & fire as the mood takes us.

What is more puzzling is the assumption that Mutch could/would have shown exactly same up turn in form that Fer has, despite no evidence that was likely in his time here.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 09:10 - Feb 12 with 5556 viewsstevec

Gutted about this. Was really hoping to see a fit Barton-Sandro-Fer centre midfield but wonder if it will ever happen.

And as for the man known as 'sub unused - Mutch' can we please stop going there.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 09:11 - Feb 12 with 5554 viewsPinnerPaul

True - If you want to hear about injuries , then just go and listen/read Big Sam drone on about them all the time.

Fer out for 10 weeks on 09:22 - Feb 12 with 5535 viewssimmo

'Despite no evidence it was likely in his time here?' What, all 11 appearances?

What about his entire seasons worth of contributions at Cardiff, Birmingham and Watford??

I don't want to focus on it too much as it's done now, especially as we have options there already, but I think it would have been great to have a young attacking midfielder to replace Fer, that had clear instructions on his role individually and as part of a game plan, played in the position he has excelled in previously. In contrary to what you said, there is nothing to suggest Mutch wouldn't have improved under Ramsey or taken his chance.

As for Fer, it's a blow, it looks like a lot of our plan with the re-emergence of Phillips is to put crosses in the box and have strikers supported from runs from midfield - the fact Fer is a big tall aerial prescence that can arrive late is a big help in supporting a loan striker and something the likes of Zarate, Adel and Niko don't really do. It will only take some tinkering though to adjust for those replacements and I am pleased we have alternatives already in place. Fingers crossed he get's back ASAP to continue to prove people wrong.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fer out for 10 weeks on 09:53 - Feb 12 with 5498 viewsQPunkR

Swallows and summers, and all that though

QPR - "shit but local"

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:02 - Feb 12 with 5483 viewssimmo

Do you think it's any coincidence that Fer, Phillips, Barton, etc have had their best games of this season under a new management that emphasises a game plan and playing people in their best positions?

We could make poor players out of everyone we have if we concentrated purely on what they're not good at.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fer out for 10 weeks on 10:24 - Feb 12 with 5462 viewsEastR

I think the frustration being shown at this news is well founded based on his performance on Tues night.He was effective and made a huge contribution to the result from being played in the right position, and clearly coached as to what was expected, none of which was evident in previous games.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024