Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee Ftiness 12:25 - Mar 23 with 3255 viewswillis1980

Why does it take Shearer to come out and say what is blatantly obvious to all of us for yonks for it receive some media attention? linos in particular seem to be miles behind what is actually happening, the giner one yesterday was bleeding awful missed a few blatant offsides.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32015645

Referee Ftiness on 12:34 - Mar 23 with 3227 viewsdanehoop

I'd suggest that all that Shearer can say is the blatantly obvious because he lacks the intelligence and perceptiveness to to utter anything else.

What are the reasons for the apparent fitness issue?

Perhaps cutting the number of officials by a quarter and then despatching them all over the country 3 or 4 times a in a week has played a part?

Does that in itself explain the seemingly poor quality in decision making thi season?

No clearly not. There appear to be some fundamental shortcomings in how the teams of officials approach the game to work together as a unit is supporting decision making. Also there seems a lack of ownership/responsibility taking for decisions.

Is there a transparent process to support/sanction for poorly performing referees?

No not really. And that probably explains why there is a lack of faith or respect for current officials which in turn undercuts there authority that they can show on the pitch.

There you go Alan. The less obvious questions for you to think about.

Never knowingly understood

Referee Ftiness on 12:38 - Mar 23 with 3206 viewsJuzzie

Maybe, Alan, if players stopped throwing themelves to the ground, surrounding the ref and all the other antics they get up to, it would help the officials make better decisions.

Having to deal with all that other sht just makes it more difficult for them which in turn can make them make errors.

Referee Ftiness on 13:11 - Mar 23 with 3156 viewswillis1980

there were a number of really poor decisions yesterday, the one where kone fell to the ground and was awarded a free kick eventhough there wasnt a player within 5m of him was a real stinker.

Referee Ftiness on 13:37 - Mar 23 with 3119 viewswhittocksRs

The ref yesterday just bottled it from the start. That incident where Gibson and (I think) Barkley surrounded him in our half and screamed in his face was pure farce. He called them over to tell them to stop comlaining and cheating and they just shouted him down and then chased him to the centre circle still shouting. He looked like a bloody five-year-old whose football has just been knicked up the bigger lads.

Referee Ftiness on 13:39 - Mar 23 with 3115 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Everybody seems to be criticizing the current crop of referees, who have been selected, trained, observed, marked and graded accordingly by the Professional Game Match Officials Board.

Strange no one seems to be taking a shot at the manager of this group of officials Mr Mike Riley, one of the most useless referees I have had the misfortune to observe in action. I suppose he has moulded this lot into his own image of perfection.

What a surprise they are shite

Furthermore afraid to officiate in less regimented manner because if they do , they get dropped.

Referee Ftiness on 13:49 - Mar 23 with 3085 viewsPinnerPaul

The criticism of the AR in front of ER stand yesterday was ridiculous including by one Mr Charlie Austin.

If more people including fans actually read the laws it would help.

This is direct quote from the laws "It is NOT an offence to be in an offside position"

At this level, unless there is a danger of of an imminent collision or it is obvious that a player is about to play the ball or is challenging an opponent then the AR will only flag when a player touches the ball.

Why Charlie didn't try to play the ball and waited for AR to flag who knows?

I was making a guest appearance in S block yesterday and from my vantage point he didn't get one offside wrong all game.

Referee Ftiness on 18:02 - Mar 23 with 2986 viewsterryb

I don't think that fitness is an issue with most of our referees. Clattenberg, in particular, looks faster & fitter than a large number of players.

I don't even have a great problem with them making mistakes. Dislike it yes, but every single humasn being makes them.

What I have a problem with is their managers. Riley & Webb.

It may be that privately they raise concerns & offer coaching to the officials, but in public they defend every decision that has been made.

I'm sure they regard that as good management & showing support to their employees. However, it has the effect of bringing ridicule to all officials (at all levels). I wouldn't expect support from my boss if I were to repeatedly not work to the required levels.

I wouldn't criticise the officials too much from yesterday. They were far from perfect but they made no bad decisions that impacted on the result.

However, there are a few Premier referees who have made very poor decisions in quite a few games this season & yet it would appear that they are treated above reproach. Mike Dean in particular.

Nigel Pearson choose the right word IMO. Arrogance. It sums up a lot of professionals in sport, whether they be players, managers & officials.

Referee Ftiness on 18:19 - Mar 23 with 2959 viewsMatch82

The refereeing pyramid is pretty corrupt.

(At lower levels) they decide who they want to be fast tracked at the start of the season, then if they aren't doing well towards the end of the year, they get given easy games. Big local derby? Nah, let's give that to the fella who we don't want to go up a level. That bloke we want promoted? Top of the table vs the bottom for you fella, nice and easy.

That way the assessors all get to say "told you so" at the end of the year.

Referee Ftiness on 14:20 - Mar 25 with 2828 viewsfrancisbowles

I had to laugh when I heard Pearson use the word arrogance!

Referee Ftiness on 14:27 - Mar 25 with 2823 viewsTacticalR

Yes, that was funny.

Air hostess clique

Referee Ftiness on 15:58 - Mar 25 with 2787 viewsterryb

Ah, but you see, he should be able to judge when others suffer from it!

It's down to a coin toss as to whether Mr. Dean or Mr. Pearson pocess more!

Incredibly, Master's Riley & Webb have even more!

Referee Ftiness on 11:35 - Mar 26 with 2697 viewsPinnerPaul

You can't take anything the managers say about referees seriously, they just moan about whatever issue has affected THEIR team that week.

Big Sam wanted an independent timekeeper a few weeks ago when West Ham conceded in the 93rd minute - he won't mention that again until.......West Ham concede in added time again.

2nd yellow cards, offside, diving, surrounding referees etc etc etc - every one of those is THE most serious issue affecting football when their team is involved, otherwise they couldn't care less.

Referee Ftiness on 00:08 - Mar 27 with 2639 viewsstowmarketrange

All we ever ask for is fairness and consistency.
Why should Mike Dean get us charged with failing to control our players after questioning a dubious goal chalked off against Citeh but allows a virtual scrum between arsenal and Utd players a couple of weeks later?
Or the ref at the West Ham v Palace game talking to Murray instead of showing him a 2nd yellow that we all know he would have gladly shown to our Joey?

We all get wrong decisions given against us,but when the SAME ref treats similar incidents differently,it is downright wrong,and something needs to be done about it by the people in charge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024