Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A direct appeal to Ian Holloway 18:50 - May 11 with 7376 viewsOFFICIAL_KNIGHTS

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway, all other managers and the Oyston family from the Tangerine Knights

We have seen that today Ian Holloway has confirmed he would be prepared to talk with Karl Oyston about a return to Blackpool.
Ian, we respectfully urge you to reconsider. This club is in turmoil, and it is our opinion that Karl has lost control of the club. You must have seen what has happened and that there is a Civil War here between the fans and the Oystons. That is not going to end by you returning here, it will only paper over the cracks.

No matter what happens, until that family leaves Blackpool this club is going nowhere. Did you see the comments from Lee Clark? He could not take it anymore and described it as a nightmare. Alan Thompson felt the job was impossible.

Please Ian, don't come back whilst the Oyston family are still in control of our club.

Furthermore, we urge all managers to do likewise. This might seem a controversial step to some, however this is not a normal situation, this is a club at civil war between the owners and the fans.

Finally, to the Oyston family. You saw at the last home game that it is not a minority, but the majority that want you to leave. Those people who chose to peacefully occupy the centre-circle (the words of Lancashire Police) were supported by the vast majority of fans in all four stands. There is a lot of media and fan footage from it, and not one of those videos shows even one Blackpool fan complaining about the protest. On the contrary, those in the stands were protesting in their own way, chanting for you to go, and applauding the occupation.

In the clubs "further statement" last Saturday, following the resignation of Lee Clark and Alan Thompson, there was a passing comment about the disastrous season we have all just witnessed. Finally after all this time a comment about the club rather than about taking legal action against fans.
However, we utterly reject the comment in that statement that you share the frustration and disappointment of last season.

You share nothing with Blackpool fans, other than this Civil War.

There is television footage that clearly shows Oyston family members looking down at the protest laughing, not just once but at least twice - something that Chris Kamara commented about on Sky Sports, when he said that "this is not a laughing matter".

In addition lip-reading experts have looked at tv footage and it is their belief that you Karl suggested to your son Sam, "let's take a selfie, shall we take one?" whilst laughing and looking down at protesters. How exactly is that, and driving round Blackpool in a car with the registration plate OY51 OUT, sharing our frustration and disappointment? It is our assertion that it is actually tantamount to incitement.
For everyones sake Karl, you need to resign and then as a family begin proceedings to sell the club.

Only then can Blackpool Football Club return from being what it is now, a laughing stock, a Comedy Club.

We Will Not Stop
We Will Not Give Up
We Will Not Be Silenced
‪#‎OystonOut‬ ‪#‎ExpectUs‬

https://www.facebook.com/tangerineknightssupport

#OystonOut#ExpectUs

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 18:54 - May 11 with 5878 viewsMr_Brightside

I don't think it's up to us or anyone to decide what Ollie does.

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 19:05 - May 11 with 5868 viewsjanegallagher

what's BST stance on this?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 19:19 - May 11 with 5858 viewsscratchingshed

Surely Holloway is not that desperate?

I mean really is he that way of mind to come back here?

Sorry Ollie but if you came back to this club you would go down to rock bottom in my estimation and you wouldn't get my support back ever again.

The situation would be even worse than when puppet Clark took the job on board.

Stay well clear Ollie please I beg you.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 19:21]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 20:44 - May 11 with 5811 viewsribble

Whoa there!

Am I getting this right? TK doesn't want anyone to take the job?? Really? I mean, really???!! You actually want us to be mangerless? Yes of course, let's not try and fix the problem, let's just add to the farce that is Blackpool FC shall we? Let's just push the boat over the falls, why don't we?

Sorry TK, but you've just lost my support right there in that one sentence. And if BST comes out with that sort of cobblers then it's going to be down one member pretty quickly too.

And while I'm on one, let's get this straight.

IH does not need advice from TK, Shed or any of the other numpties out there on Twitter and the suchlike telling him what he should and should not do.

Ollie is his own man, not a fool. Show some respect and don't treat him as such.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 21:46]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 21:03 - May 11 with 5790 viewsMurt53

I'm torn on this. As much as I want to see a change of ownership I don't think it's right to push Holloway away or worse, abuse him if he does take the job. I can't see Holloway coming in and protecting KO if things aren't right. It would be wrong if the fans turned on him because of the owners.

If Oyston does pack up and go would it not be better to have a running start with new owners and a proven manager in charge. We could be lumbered with an awful KO appointment that we can't reasonably get rid of. I don't think turning Holloway away will force a sale, someone would take the job eventually. For me I'd rather it be Holloway.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 21:51 - May 11 with 5765 viewsstraightatthewall

I'm staggered that even after the season gone, we still have supporters who feel that football is at the top of the agenda at blackpool football club. I have to ask just what it was you thought was happening when the owners decided that it was acceptable to let us start the season with a first team squad that couldn't actually fill the bench. Or what was happening when the pitch became utterly unplayable for the second time in 3 seasons?

There seems to be a line of thinking among many of you on this site that says that if we all think happy thoughts and stop moaning at a certain family, then players who aren't even close to being good enough will suddenly become good enough. I have to ask you what world you're living in.

Yes, this is an extraordinary appeal by the TK's, just as the protest/abandoned game was extraordinary. But these are extraordinary times. And if you want a club you can be proud of for years to come, think about why things are being done and why. This whole situation is a quite deliberate mess created by the majority owners of the football club. That's how much they care.

I can only assume that most or all of you want things to be normal because you love the club and want to support a team of tangerine players. But surely you also want pride in that team? And a genuine feeling that whatever league we are in, one day glory awaits.

Right now we're a club without hope. And the cause of that situation are the Oyston family. They have allowed this to happen and mocked and then metaphorically spat on supporters and the clubs great history to boot. If you seriously feel that conciliation with 'friends' of that ilk is worth it then I can honestly say that you can't love the club as much as you think you do.

Some things are worth fighting for.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 21:55 - May 11 with 5761 viewsscratchingshed

100% spot on that straighters.

What a pity we still have a few fans who still think the Oystons are the answer.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 21:58]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 22:54 - May 11 with 5702 viewsribble

Oh, come on SATW. Nobody is suggesting that the club is being run in anything other than in a shambolic manner, so you can spare us the high handed lecture.

The fact remains that there is still a football team in there somewhere. What I completely fail to understand is the self destructive attitude that ongoing failure on the pitch will naturally hasten the demise of the Oyston's. To do so is to ignore history and is just so much wishful thinking. It won't.

We all want the Oystons out but I have no time at all with those who actively seek to hasten the demise of the club still further by discouraging players/managers to join or even lobbying certain current players to move on. Surely we all want success on the pitch? Surely we want to see the team playing at highest possible level, despite our unhappiness with the owners? Actually, it appears not.

We're all sailing on same the same boat. The Captain has let go of the helm and God knows where we are heading but that's no reason for the crew to try to scuttle the ship.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 23:08]

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 22:54 - May 11 with 5701 viewsOldSkool

Yeah, nail on head straiters.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 23:03 - May 11 with 5689 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Par for the course for you SATW. You never travel anywhere outside Network South East. It's easy for you to decry the abilities of players you never see, and attack the motives of people you never meet - unless it's at Millwall or Reading. It seems to me that your "love" for the club is pretty much on your terms,so coming on here attacking those who see it differently doesn't sit all that well - in my opinion.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 23:17]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 23:56 - May 11 with 5615 viewsstraightatthewall

Robbie,

This season it's been easy to decry players on one viewing because they've been so far below the level needed. If you needed more than one look then it perhaps suggests your not to football mind you think you are.

Still hope the oystons succeed?

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 00:29 - May 12 with 5604 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

I haven't logged in on here for ages but wanted to add support to your post SATW.

Robbie, you don't need to travel anywhere at all to realize the players aren't up to anything close to scratch, let alone the people who are entrusted to make the team competitive. The league tables and four 1-0 home wins speak volumes, inside or outside the M25.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 06:49 - May 12 with 5564 viewsstraightatthewall

Thanks John.

Ribble - to borrow from your seafaring analogy. When the sailors on the Bounty turned mutinous, they removed Captain Bligh. They didn't keep looking for a saviour in each new First Mate to cover for the misgivings of the man in charge.

All the things many people allude to about Blackpool at present link directly back to those who run the club. Enjoying games - win, lose or draw - and having pride and a sense of excitement in the club will all come flooding back once those at the top are gone and football is put first again. If they stay, then the best we can seriously hope for is that we're able to tread water, listening to broken promises and half-hearted excuses as to why things can't be done 'just yet' and being periodically 'treated' to a massaged view of how much support the club are really getting from on high, just as we did for the 20 years before Belekon arrived.

And all that will be played out in the knowledge that those at the top oversaw a disgusting period of unrest at the club and not only did nothing about it, but actively and at times vindictively sought to attack supporters both verbally and financially on the way. On that front, I'm not so blinkered as to say it was all one-sided, but they have played their hand and made their bed and the facts are there for all to see.

What I find hard to stomach is supporters who are apparently willing to forget this and accept more of the same in return for a bit of peace and quiet.

And Robbie - my 'love' for the club is eclipsed by my love for my family. As such, I have neither the time nor the financial freedom to attend more games. You know this as we've talked about it on here many times before. Then again, comments like yours are par for the course too. You've been playing the 'ifallelsefailsmentionattendance' card for years now. Maybe its about time you started backing up your points with some actual facts about how well the club is performing and where the Oyston success you were happy to embrace is going to come from. If you're going to insist on making cheap shots, then I'll insist on bringing up the fact that you backed the wrong horse from the start and continued to do so even when people politely told you so over and over and over again.....

Have a good day everyone.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 08:29 - May 12 with 5548 viewsAllezBlackpool

I'm with Ribble on this one. Yes we all want the Oystons out, and we all agree the Club is a mess. But at the end of the day Blackpool FC is the club I want to support and the way things are going with 2 certain parties at Civil War, there will be no club left for any of us to support.

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 11:56 - May 12 with 5509 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I almost didn't post this, given the very robust reply that is above. But SATW, I was far sharper with you last night than I intended, for which I apologise. Let's just say it was the end of a bad day.

I wanted to say that I think it's easier to urge people to make sacrifices and criticise them when they don't when you yourself have less to sacrifice yourself. That might have been a more tactful way of putting it.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 12:03 - May 12 with 5500 viewsPlumbs

satw:
Well said although Gobbies attendance record has more holes in it than a piece of Swiss Cottage cheese

He criticised Crystal Palace once for spending money and look where that got them,and I'm still waiting for him to answer if Appleton got any money.

Just the usual distraction and avoidance from someone who loves his own perceived support of the club more than the club itself.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 14:00 - May 12 with 5461 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

There's truth in all the posts on here. I am personally starting to get a bit sick of the protests now. I want to just watch football in a half decent atmosphere again. I still don't think the protests will change anything. As ribble says, history shows there were marches to Oyston's home and funeral marches before but it changed nothing. In nearly 30 years whilst they've been here, only Haythorntwaite has tried to oust them with a bid and that was laughed off so I can't see where anyone will come from who is willing to make an irresistable offer for the cash rich club.

Therefore, these fans wanting to bring the club to its knees are now causing more harm.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 15:27 - May 12 with 5444 viewschesterbfc

I agree with BHOK, as a 2 season t/holder.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 16:06 - May 12 with 5437 viewsscu70

It's really poor form from Tangerine Knights.plenty of pool fans would love to see Holloway return and this statement is bang out of order.he's a grown man who can make his own decisions.at least he knows how the owners work because let's face it they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.so what are TKs saying let's be managerless?ridiculous.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 16:46 - May 12 with 5427 viewsHarryHorse

Great publicity though , they are proving very adept at getting media exposure and to do that in the "close" season will take some doing . Besides Ian Holloway is old enough and ugly enough not to be influenced by anyone I should think , nothing to get excited about in my view

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 17:08 - May 12 with 5418 viewsstraightatthewall

Robbie,

fair enough on your reply and I understand what you're saying. I know others have said it before and its both an understandable and sensible reposte.

Doesn't change how I see things of course. I know its not easy for many, but by the same token, the distance of someone like myself or John to the situation could make it easier for us to see the wood for the trees. My 'problem' with people is that at the moment, they are not willing to engage a common sense approach to what the future brings and prefer to work on blind hope based on what they'd like to happen as opposed to what history suggests will happen.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 17:33 - May 12 with 5405 viewsPlumbs

BHOK

'it changed nothing'...incorrect.It lead to three bids being made for the club and the arrival of Belekon who bankrolled the PL push and the building of the SS.

That happened because of the push from the fans after McMahon then Hendry failed to get any proper backing,and where the demolished SS stood for yonks.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 18:01 - May 12 with 5391 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

So how long does the current push go on for if the owners won't budge? How many years will the protests drag on? What level of the pyramid must the club fall to before people tire of it and either turn their backs on it or decide to want to just enjoy going to watch football again?

I feel sorry for the real genuine football fans. The ones who don't give a damm about politics, ownership, power struggles or money. They just love the sport and want to watch football at Blackpool.

To have fan groups trying to spoil any hope of that is wrong and is a sign that things are going too far now. Openly trying to sabotage a managerial appointment, forcing the abandonment of matches and labeling fellow fans as the enemy if they aren't right-wing enough is wrong and is a long way from the 'Football First' motto we were first led to believe was the driver behind the protests.

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 18:10 - May 12 with 5382 viewsstu

How long do we wait? Anyone??

Just noticed on other site, if anyone dares to mention Ollie coming back, they're hung drawn and quartered then banned by a rather childish mod

Tangerine is the new black

A direct appeal to Ian Holloway on 18:14 - May 12 with 5373 viewsPlumbs

'spoil any hope'...really?

I'd have thought a real good run in the C/S and a season in the PL might have opened a few eyes,as football for a club of Blackpool stature isnt something to be endured;its to be enjoyed and to be something that you can take pride in.

Why not just get Colin Hendry back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024