Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed 11:11 - Feb 15 with 7349 viewsBillericayR

Doing the business again.

I am a Warnock fan and think we made a wrong decision employing IH - but appreciate he does divide opinion.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 5255 viewsJuzzie

Warnock didn't want to be QPR manager, it just was never on the cards.

Something to do with his wife being ill. Yes, he took up the Cardiff post a few months later but Cardiff is closer to his Devon home than London.

Sorry, don't want to be a kill-joy but this has been done to death.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 5219 viewsWestbourneR

Juzzie I know I have no evidence but my gut tells me that's rubbish. I think he'd have jumped at the permanent job but Ferdinand wasn't having it. Warnock is too old school and too domineering. The 'Warnick didn't want the job' story was a convenient way for all parties to cover it over.

It's a shame as you have to say the results while he was here were very good. I don't think he's a top flight manager but he is brilliant in the Championship. He's particularly brilliant at getting points on the road.

Am I right in saying Warnock dropped Luongo from the team while he was here?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 11:44 - Feb 15 with 5210 viewsJigsore

hitting the lofty heights of mid table. maybe.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 11:45]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 11:44 - Feb 15 with 5208 viewsLongsufferingR

Hypothetical question - how much better off would we all be mentally if we forgot the past and got behind the current team and the current manager?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 16:52]

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 11:46 - Feb 15 with 5196 viewsTacticalR

@Juzzie 'Sorry, don't want to be a kill-joy but this has been done to death'

We don't normally let that stop us.

Air hostess clique

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 11:55 - Feb 15 with 5166 viewsAntti_Heinola

Very good is pushing it, mate. 0-0 v preston, loss at Boro, win v Leeds only because Austin gave us 20 mins (20 mins more than JFH ever had) and a win at Reading thanks to them gifting us a goal. We had about 3 shots in 4 games.

Luongo was out the side yes.

Henry and Sandro played instead.

Cardiff currently have one more point than we do away from home this season. Our biggest problem this season is our home form!

Bare bones.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:03 - Feb 15 with 5136 viewskensalriser

Can we have another Barton thread?

Or maybe Adel. Haven't done that for a couple of months.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:05 - Feb 15 with 5128 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:06 - Feb 15 with 5129 viewsWestbourneR

Hard to argue with that Antti mate! You've gone and hit me with properly researched facts again. My memory was obviously a lot more golden than the reality.

The major thing with Warnock's teams is they're as hard as nails and they rarely concede. Great on set pieces and defensive shape. The down side is the football going forward is rigid and predicable. Our promotion side relied totally on Adel to create goals.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:10 - Feb 15 with 5112 viewsLongsufferingR

Rarely concede!! Not checked last night's results then?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:20 - Feb 15 with 5088 viewsCamberleyR

"they rarely concede"

30 goals in 23 games so far for Cardiff.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:22 - Feb 15 with 5081 viewspaulparker

We would be higher up the table no Question, the man is a brilliant manager
that being said im glad we have Olly , im happy with the performances the last 5 or 6 games , im happy that Olly is trying new systems and bringing in Furlong, Manning and getting the best out of Hall ,
we are slowly getting there after the mess of Ramsey, JFH and getting the wasters off the wage bill, we just need to stay up this year and then I think we may see a different Rangers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:30 - Feb 15 with 5057 viewsWestbourneR

I'm not looking for a tit for tat argument I'm sharing an opinion based around thread topic. Never ceases to amaze me how opposed people are to the entire point of a message board while they post on a message board. Post a reply to a thread saying it's a c**p thread, very logical.

I'd say that Cardiff's defensive record is the exception not the rule of Warnock's career.

If you don't agree than it'd be much more interesting to explain why and talk about it.

So Camberley - you don't think Warnock tends to create defensively solid teams? Can you tell me what kind of manager he is then and what kind of teams he creates instead? I assume by quoting Cardiff stats that you actually have opinion - or are you just trying to petty point score?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:50 - Feb 15 with 5005 viewsBillericayR

I don't care how many are we concede as long as we score one more.

When Warnock took over Cardiff they were in trouble near the bottom - he has them now comfortable mid-table.
We are going the other way.

Don't forget what he did at Rotherham last year - why didn't they keep him!!
Listened to him on the Danny Baker BBC Radio show before taking over at Cardiff and he came across as a fantastic communicator and so full of energy - had me tingling and itching to play again.
IH has the energy, but his communication seems more playground stuff to me.
Current record, especially at home is dreadful.
Any team going through a bad patch must look forward to playing us.

Should be interesting to see what happens this week-end at a rudderless Birmingham.
What must Rowlett be thinking of the Zola appointment?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 4991 viewsdaveB

He'd have been hounded out by fans for some reason within a year, much like the first time

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 13:00 - Feb 15 with 4979 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is the correct answer.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 13:09 - Feb 15 with 4957 viewsCamberleyR

I'd disagree that his Cardiff stats are the exception. Latterly his defensive record at the teams he's managed is nothing particularly special. His record at Leeds was nothing to write home about; F81 A92 but I'm sure he regrets taking that job on the rebound in hindsight.

Earlier in his career I suppose and based on him achieving 7 or 8 promotions you would say that he definitely knows how to organise a team and with an old school Warnock team you'd know you'd been in a game. He's usually great at going in and making an immediate impact at a club but probably with the exception of Sheff U (where he lasted longest), can't usually seem to sustain it. His last 18 months or so at Palace the first time, a case in point.

I just don't think he has the same drive as he did when he was at say Sheff Utd, but his ego won't let him retire gracefully after a generally pretty good managerial career. His one brilliant full season he had with us is increasingly looking like a glorious season out of the ordinary in his latter years.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 13:16]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 13:32 - Feb 15 with 4900 viewsClive_Anderson

He said he wanted the job at the end which was obvious to anyone. Should definitely have kept him. In fact should never have got rid of him the first time.

I like Holloway though so hopefully it'll work out anyway.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 13:42 - Feb 15 with 4880 viewsToast_R

Well not really so , when he took over QPR were heading to League 1 at a rate of knots with a squad full of loanees and completely unmotivated/disillusioned players who had gone through 4 manager changes in less then a season.

He dragged the club out of the mire, put an arm around a few players, worked out what was needed and who wasn't and managed to build a title winning team in a transfer window without spending a stupid amount of money. We can throw the old " His team relied on Adel to score goals etc" all we want, but the fact remains to this date that he was the only manager in the World ever who has got the best out of that player. like Robin WIlliams was to Good Will Hunting. The tragedy of it all was that Briatori's mob halted the natural progress and momentum into the Premier League. Warnock wasn't able to get his summer targets and instead, had to get the best of what was left hanging around and to do that the club took the option of blowing any potential competition out of the water to get them signed. Would he have really signed Barton, Ferdinand, Luke Young and SWP has he been able to bring in Ashley Williams, Danny Graham and Wayne Routledge who were apparently around his house waiting to sign? Probably not and how much of a save in wages would that have been?

His demise at QPR was totally unfair in my mind, he was a victim of some horrible circumstances and the arseholes the club brought in (for the wrong reasons it transpired ) completely let him down but having said that, look at his record and compare that to Hughes and Redknapp with QPR in the Premier League. How many away wins was it they mustered despite the spending? that'll be about none then...

I think NW is a great manager, I always curse the day he was shamefully sacked and hold that as as the catalyst of the clubs demise, the very least he deserved from QPR was that January transfer window. I'd have had us to stay up without having Bolton bail us out. I also regret him being passed over for JFH last season. A blunder that has set us back another 18 months, maybe worse if we go down this season IMO.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 13:46 - Feb 15 with 4865 viewsFredManRave

Hypothetically.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 4857 viewspaulparker

+1
Most factual post of the year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 14:33 - Feb 15 with 4772 viewsdaveB

Unfortunately he said he wanted it after the job had been offered to someone else. Timing was off really, if Ramsey had been sacked a month later then Warnock would have probably got the job for the rest of the season

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 14:34 - Feb 15 with 4769 viewsngbqpr

has he replied to anyone's email yet?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 14:48 - Feb 15 with 4740 viewsisawqpratwcity

"His demise at QPR was totally unfair in my mind, he was a victim of some horrible circumstances and the arseholes the club brought in (for the wrong reasons it transpired ) completely let him down but having said that, look at his record and compare that to Hughes and Redknapp with QPR in the Premier League. How many away wins was it they mustered despite the spending? that'll be about none then... "

The list of "arseholes" brought in is, well, seriously underwhelming (first group is under Ecclestone/Briatore, second group is under Fernandes):

Jay Bothroyd
Kieron Dyer
Danny Gabbidon
DJ Campbell
Brian Murphy

Joey Barton
Luke Young
Armand Traore
Shaun Wright-Philips
Anton Ferdinand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season#In

Tbf, not a success amongst them. But why do you say "the club brought in", like Warnock had nothing to do with them? I don't believe that for a second.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 14:51 - Feb 15 with 4728 viewsdaveB

I agree he did a really good job and was unlucky not to get Williams, Graham etc after we went up but he did have a decent (not great) transfer budget under Flavio and already had the nucleus of a side that stayed up in the end. He brought in several players who were no longer needed by the end of August. I thought he was too quick to write off players like Hill and Helguson who when he brought them back in were the ones to keep us up.

The panic stations signings didn't have to happen and bringing in those big names were a big part of his downfall with us and the start of our own meltdown over the last few years.

He shouldn't have been sacked though, I said that at the time but not many agreed. Too many fans were as star struck as Fernandes at that time wanting big names and Warnock didn't fit in anymore. A right cock up all round
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024