Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reports of shots outside UK Parliament 14:54 - Mar 22 with 32250 viewsJuzzie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 10:41 - Mar 23 with 2080 viewsClive_Anderson

Well if it turns out the ideology behind this attack is the one that is currently suspected....

It's a small minority of around 5% of the UK population true. But there's a significant number that have pretty extreme views about gays and apostates etc.

And as the % of the population increases so does the % of extremists so gradually expect more shit to happen. No country has managed to successfully prevent this, it's a gradual slide into Islamism. Turkey used to manage by using the army to boot out any crazy president, but that only worked for so long and now they're screwed too probably for good.

Best bet would be to limit immigration from Islamic countries and try and curb the more extreme tendencies with the population that we already have. That'll put the breaks on until most of us are gone and we'd have to let the next lot sort it out.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 10:44 - Mar 23 with 2058 viewsBrightonhoop

Your spin not mine.

I seriously think if you were shut in a room alone you'd start a fight with yourself.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 10:55 - Mar 23 with 2014 viewspaulparker

Ha Ha Ha coming from you that is brilliant , you have been in the sun to long or your just a WUM

Essex is a top, top fella ive never met a more welcoming gentle sincere bloke

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 10:57 - Mar 23 with 2006 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Ken Livingstone is not one of my favourite politicians, and I have often disagreed with his point of view, but this extract from a speech of his after the 7/7 attacks on London was powerfully emotive then, and so relevant again.

I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live.

They don't want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 11:01 - Mar 23 with 1990 viewsBrightonhoop

Your perspective Paul, mine is that he is an uber weapon. Like you he has nothing rational to contribute just bile and hatred. Spins a rational need for BBC to highlight the attack may not have been over into a bashing of C4 because it's 'lefty' whilst supporting the Murdoch press who cranked it up to the moon and back on Sky for much of yesterday. And if the BBC hadn't suggested a risk may still exist and something happened both you and he would be the first to condemn them.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 11:21 - Mar 23 with 3291 viewsFDC

Come on Chubbs you can work it out.

Being horrified by innocent people being run over.

Enjoying right wing extremists being punched in the face.

These aren't mutually exclusive.

I didn't say anything about violence per se, if that helps with thinking this through.

Edit: as for your edit, how the fck was I scoring political points? Actually don't reply, I don't care and don't want an argument on this thread.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 11:24]

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 11:43 - Mar 23 with 3215 viewsCHUBBS

Oh please spare me the patronising nonsense,anyone who's seen you post before knows your angle regarding these sort of incidents,you can't wait to shoehorn in your obvious obsession with the far right,making assumptions of a right wing backlash to feed your agenda after what's happened is insensitive at best.

At least you're not aggressively threatening other posters like somebody else on here😉

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 11:52 - Mar 23 with 3168 viewsessextaxiboy

Firstly you talk about bile and hatred .

You are the poster who called me a "orrible orrible cnt" on a thread at around midnight and got up at 5.07 and deleted it presumably when you had sobered up . I have left it unmentioned until your latest rant. You havnt left me much choice .

Secondly find me the post where I praised the Murdoch press . I have criticised the BBC and Channel 4 in this thread because I heard them first hand

Thirdly , the BBC reported from the steps of New Scotland Yard that there were reports of 2 men . One white and one black , they carried on to say the white man was bald in his 40s and holding a knife. They carried on with this "rumour" (because they didnt stand it )up on the red ticker thing for hours. Still no retraction , they just let it fade away . All in the name of balance and PC mantra .

See Clives opinion on the quality of the reporting in this thread and also L Blocks post on how broadcasting rumour panics the public .

I did not hear Kay Burleys broadcast so I didnt comment ...

As PP says I am not a confrontational bloke , but I cannot help but respond to people trying to defend what I consider to be the indefensible .

I know what thats like..............#HarryRedknapp .

Regards

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 11:53 - Mar 23 with 3157 viewsessextaxiboy

Thanks Mate , you are not too bad yerself

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 12:07 - Mar 23 with 3091 viewsBrightonhoop

Jesus Christ. If you stopped to read for just one moment you would also see I was also critical of some of the awful coverage. But you're so paranoid you cant even see it. Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me....

I dont want a confrontation here either, clearly you didn't see the vilest of right wing extremist comments going u yesterday at the most inappropriate time and again late last night which have since been deleted.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 12:24 - Mar 23 with 3015 viewsessextaxiboy

I did not see it I had a early airport so went to bed at 9 .. I found your comment about the thread being disjointed confusing so I assumed that some back and forward stuff had been cut .

I dont know who was involved or what was said but I trust Clives judgment .I think that maybe the anger of what had happened cranked it up a bit.

Clive said a few months ago that he wanted the political threads to continue so I suppose we will all wind each other up at times .

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 12:35 - Mar 23 with 2956 viewsBrightonhoop

Agree with that, yes the initial anger cranked it all up a bit.

I'm genuinely not into confrontation and yes we're unlikely to agree politically so should both step back a bit and take it all with a large inch of salt on the politics.

They've announced the lady that was killed was a spanish lady on her way to collect her two kids from school. Frighteningly she fits a profile of a local family here whose daughter of around that age is living in London with her 2 kids. Praying it wasn't her.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 12:36 - Mar 23 with 2950 viewsrobith

I have a pal who's a copper and we argue like cats and dogs about policing in this country. Proper go at each other. Yet on day's like yesterday stuff like that pales away - in the face of large and ultimately mortal danger a guy threw himself in harm's way to protect people. I'd love to think I'd be able to do that - but would I really have the courage to? The pure guts to face down my fight or flight mechanism and give up me life to protect others? Keith Palmer just did it no questions asked.

And that's why extremism will never win. It can't bend. It can't give. It can't love. It can't tolerate criticism and then throw itself in the firing line to protect its critics.

Or something. idk, I never know what to say at times like these. People are simultaneously evil and full of the greatest goodness imaginable. I find every day in the world a struggle to endure tbh

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 12:45 - Mar 23 with 2919 viewsBrightonhoop

Cant argue with that Robith.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 2900 viewsessextaxiboy

Hopefully this doesnt bring you bad news .........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/23/westminster-attack-victim-named-

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:01 - Mar 23 with 2848 viewspaulparker

Nice post and sentiments

but extremism is winning , its getting bigger and bigger and we are so long down the road with this that you cannot stop it with words or symbols of love & peace
give it a week this will all be forgotten just like Lee rigby, 7/7, Paris, Belgium and other such despicable acts , this will continue to happen and it will only get worse
its about time we as a country got our own house in order stop worrying about everyone else and start protecting the people of Great Britain
if that means more army on the streets fine
armed police
more intelligence
stop & search checks without the fear of being called a racist
mosques monitored and closed down if they preach hate
those downloading hate material , straight to nick
Id cards
phone tapping

this is a war , and its not a conventional one either ,
your ordinary Muslims cannot police this you hear so many times how the family knew such and such was being radicalised but didn't know what to do , well if they don't we / the government have to take more measures to stop this from happening

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:04 - Mar 23 with 2828 viewsHayesender

This lady in question is known to a fella I know goes to QPR home and away. Her son was at his sons birthday party just a few weeks ago.

Very sad

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:20 - Mar 23 with 2747 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers, I couldn't remember the Family name, it looks like she was from Galicia so not the family I know.

Very sad Hayes, it's almost inevitable that this will touch people we know.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:20 - Mar 23 with 2737 viewsstumbleandfall

No thanks.

I want no part of the militia state you are advocating. I have trust and faith in the police and security services doing their best as it is. What you are advocating still could not stop this.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:30 - Mar 23 with 2693 viewspaulparker

What would you do then genuine question ,

this apparently was a known man to the authorities so how did he get to do what he did ? why is he allowed to hold the views he does against western society but not get his collar felt
at the end of the day if your up to no good you have nothing to worry about

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:35 - Mar 23 with 2666 viewsTheChef

Aysha Frade.

A. Frayde?

I is afraid?

Who writes this stuff?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:52 - Mar 23 with 2606 viewsBrightonhoop

Clearly as one of the bigger brains in the UK you could do better and should be leading MI5 and 6.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 13:54 - Mar 23 with 2586 viewsJuzzie

They said on the news this morning there are over 3,000 people 'known to the authorities' and he was low level.

How the hell do we go about managing 3,000 people, it's near on impossible :(

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:25 - Mar 23 with 2452 viewsDaiHo0p

You hire 3000 cops and put one on each of em.

Reports of shots outside UK Parliament on 14:33 - Mar 23 with 2426 viewsClive_Anderson

It's probably manageable with a massive amount of time and money.

But when it's 50,000 then it's going to be a completely different story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024