Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Opinion 17:53 - Nov 7 with 6989 viewsBoston

...about the East Midlands. No offence to anyone who lives in the area, but my thoughts are that if I had the choice of Derby, Leicester or Nottingham as my primary residence, I'd choose the latter. I'm no authority on that part of the world, my knowledge primarily garnered through attending football matches and the aimless wandering around for beer associated with game day . Nottingham just seemed a better looking city with classier suburbs and decent boozers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your Opinion on 10:34 - Nov 9 with 1948 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Good point!

All this talk of sex toys, and I clean forgot to ask how your missus is?
Do send my regards.

Are you all going on the 23rd? If so we'll see you there. As I say, my friend is after the 2016 model.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Your Opinion on 10:44 - Nov 9 with 1930 viewsMick_S

She's fine.

Thanks for asking.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Your Opinion on 11:49 - Nov 9 with 1897 viewsStevenageRanger

As someone who lives very close to the A1, my trips up North (for work and pleasure) will always past the Sex Shops! Always seem very odd but must do business!

You even have the swingers club (Vanilla Alternative) on the A1.

Your Opinion on 11:54 - Nov 9 with 1889 viewsMick_S

That sounds very dangerous to me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Your Opinion on 11:54 - Nov 9 with 1889 viewsDorse

One of my proudest moments as a youngster was going into the adult shop in Crewe (unbelievably situated next to the comic book shop!) and asking:
'Is this a sex shop?'
'Yes'.
'Great - I'll have five quid's worth please'.

The man behind the counter seemed unimpressed.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Your Opinion on 12:34 - Nov 9 with 1850 viewsYorkRanger

As others have said some nice places around Chatsworth, Bakewell and Matlock Bath.

For me I'd go the other side of the Peak District and live in Sheffield

Your Opinion on 16:55 - Nov 9 with 1801 viewsBoston

North Derbyshire was predominantly Man Utd 30/40 years ago. Before the all seating, when standing in the away end at Old Trafford, that high terrace to the left beside the seats, was where the Glossop, Matlock, High Peaks crowd stood. You'd never know from watching the tv that there was (another), right big mob up there. I/we knew a local and sometimes stayed in Hadfield after Manchester games, great times.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your Opinion on 17:38 - Nov 9 with 1788 viewsCiderwithRsie

Oh yeah, to be fair it's not a case of "cockney reds" syndrome, it genuinely is easier to get to Manchester from, say, Buxton than it is to get to Derby. It is that or Stockport County I suppose.

Derbyshire is a funny county, the lower/southern half is East Midlands but the northern/higher half is really the beginning of The North.

Your Opinion on 11:43 - Nov 11 with 1703 viewsFDC

The northern part of Derbyshire is lovely, quite often pop up to t'hills of a Saturday for ale and pub grub. It's handy because places like Edale are pretty much half way between me in Manchester and old uni mates in Sheffield.

Being in this part of world is good for getting to a variety of places in general; plenty of major cities an hour or so in each direction, and some lovely countryside.

Your Opinion on 15:47 - Nov 11 with 1640 viewsNW5Hoop

Yes, we've noticed that, too. Noticeably a lot of couples dressed for an evening coming out of it at 10 in the morning. Which caused us to Google it to see what it was.

My son, when he was small, once noticed it and asked if we could stop at the ice cream shop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024