Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van dijk 75 million 19:33 - Dec 27 with 6701 viewsloftboy

The worlds gone mad, think that might be the final straw with me and football.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Van dijk 75 million on 19:52 - Dec 27 with 3901 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Couldn't agree more. When and how will the madness end?

Van dijk 75 million on 19:59 - Dec 27 with 3877 viewsSilverfoxqpr

How do the parties involved arrive at these figures anyway, genuinely has me baffled. Why not 63M or 78M? I'm beginning to think they're randomly plucked out of the air. Ludicrous.

Van dijk 75 million on 20:05 - Dec 27 with 3855 viewsfrancisbowles

loftboy, why is it the final straw for you?

I just accept it, try not to contribute to Sky, although we have Nowtv which they own, and get on with following the Rrrs.

Van dijk 75 million on 20:15 - Dec 27 with 3828 viewsloftboy

Gave up sky two years ago, just not enjoying it anymore, since I gave up my season ticket last season I’ve barely been, went to the first game of the season, my eldest son keeps trying to arrange to go to some and I keep making excuses, the game has changed beyond all recognition.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Van dijk 75 million on 20:26 - Dec 27 with 3782 viewskensalriser

I thought £2 million for a house in Coningham Road was pricey but maybe not if a moderately decent Premier League footballer is worth half the street!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Van dijk 75 million on 20:39 - Dec 27 with 3725 viewsBoston

Congratulations...you are finally your parents.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Van dijk 75 million on 21:01 - Dec 27 with 3684 viewsDesertBoot

Absolutely ludicrous price. Gary Neville's facial expression summed it up, but he couldn't say how he felt as his paymasters are to blame for this insanity.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Van dijk 75 million on 21:10 - Dec 27 with 3654 viewsdaveB

Well done to Southampton for holding their nerve and getting crazy money for him

Van dijk 75 million on 21:27 - Dec 27 with 3608 viewsWoodlaneR

If you sit and think about it too much then it can get you angry / upset at the way the game is going......
I just think of it as Monoply money. Its not real. Its made by the game and stays in the game....untouched by the real world.
Not strictly true of course when you think of wages etc....but helps me anyway!

Van dijk 75 million on 21:28 - Dec 27 with 3605 viewsrsonist

Man United?

Van dijk 75 million on 21:42 - Dec 27 with 3585 viewsrsonist

Can't say I really feel too aghast at this to be honest. It's topper top whack for sure but compared to the prices paid for mediocrities like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arnautovic, Sigurdsson... well, at least VVD's a proper player.

Also imagine how you'd feel if he'd gone to City.

It will be amusing seeing him ship goals next to Moreno, Lovren and Mignolet anyway. Clearly Klopp's bought him for his individual offensive aspects rather than any consideration for drilling a collective defence. (See the state of Bonucci this season by the way).

God knows how much they'll extract for Coutinho now, but they've got two of the best for it in Keita and VVD.

Van dijk 75 million on 21:49 - Dec 27 with 3566 viewsRs_Holy

Sky really do ram footydown your throat. I hate the massive build ups, Neville and Carrigers chat show thing, the farcical Transfer day bollox etc etc.
I gave up my season ticket a few seasons ago but still go to see QPR about 10-12 times a season. Avoiding most Prem games and rationing Rangers keeps me interested in footy...I couldn’t give a monkeys about Engerland tho!

Van dijk 75 million on 21:55 - Dec 27 with 3547 viewsLazyFan

Hallo,
The Saints will need a replacement or two seeing as their in a relegation scrap.
After they buy the real replacement, maybe they will add an extra just in case. Drunken Master is available for free. They could be tempted!
Back to dreaming!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Van dijk 75 million on 22:02 - Dec 27 with 3522 viewsPunteR

I quite like that. Monopoly money. If only we could send Redknapp to jail ..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Van dijk 75 million on 22:20 - Dec 27 with 3499 viewsCamberleyR

I am sick of the Premier League and all it's way over the top hype and personally cannot wait for the day it all goes fúcking pop.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Van dijk 75 million on 22:23 - Dec 27 with 3490 viewsHooparoo

Agree. Football will eat itself eventually.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Van dijk 75 million on 23:26 - Dec 27 with 3372 viewsthame_hoops

This 100%. In 5 years it will be £150m and 10years £250m. Football should follow the NFL and have no money change hands for players

Van dijk 75 million on 23:31 - Dec 27 with 3358 viewsBushRanger82

£75million for a centre back suggests to me that the day it all goes pop, isn't too far away now.
The premier league isn't all that much of a competition, same 4 or 5 teams in the hunt for the title or champions league places, with everybody else just happy to stay up and repeat the whole boring process again the following season ad finitum.

Van dijk 75 million on 23:33 - Dec 27 with 3356 viewsBushRanger82

Unacceptable language?
Who says?
Mary Poppins?

Van dijk 75 million on 23:42 - Dec 27 with 3331 viewsbob566

the price of a pint of milk and a sliced pan have gone up too. A Yorkie is two squares smaller and twice the price and that's before we talk about wagon wheel's. it's what it is.

Van dijk 75 million on 00:04 - Dec 28 with 3315 viewsPunteR

The chunky kit kat sort of makes up for it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Van dijk 75 million on 07:36 - Dec 28 with 3089 viewsdistortR

Not like v like though, is it? Chunky kitkat is essentially a 'kin covered wafer while a yorkie is chocolate.....of sorts.

And don't forget that fulham got £500,000 for a player who can't actually run................

Van dijk 75 million on 07:58 - Dec 28 with 3059 viewsHayesender

And yet little old QPR are getting done for ffp

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Van dijk 75 million on 08:07 - Dec 28 with 3047 viewsenfieldargh

What I find disgraceful is Leicester City winning the Prem and Burnley daring to venture into the top 4 in December..

They will be saying things like Leeds United a proper football club back where they belong and Tony Pullis an evergreen light guides back Boro to the promised land soon enough.

Bitter, moi.....?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Van dijk 75 million on 08:22 - Dec 28 with 3018 viewsToast_R

How will it ever go "pop" though?
It's this country's religion for a big slice of the population. And like religous traits, people hate and willing to harm other people for who they support, follow their sh@t club unconditionally and base their whole lives around it all. Football will continue as it is imho.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024