Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fergie 19:51 - May 5 with 5778 viewsstuabd

Hope he's ok. Some reports that he's been rushed into hospital.

Fergie on 20:02 - May 5 with 5734 viewsflynnbo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5694969/Doncaster-boss-Darre

Fergie on 20:06 - May 5 with 5705 views2Thomas2Bowles

Brain hemorrhage/stroke

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fergie on 20:35 - May 5 with 5597 viewsStanisgod

Not another one

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Fergie on 20:44 - May 5 with 5559 viewsqprxtc

January 1st 1992 has taken its toll.

Fergie on 21:27 - May 5 with 5420 viewssmegma

Pathetic post.

Fergie on 21:36 - May 5 with 5387 viewsbosh67

Wishing him a speedy recovery. Best to his family. Proper legend in an era when managers were given actual time to craft a team. Get well soon Sir Alex.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fergie on 21:38 - May 5 with 5379 viewsdanehoop

I had the pleasure of meeting him when Man Utd visited Copenhagen in 2006 and he was a true gentleman, nothing like the on screen persona that you'd imagine. Get well SIr Alex.

Never knowingly understood

Fergie on 21:54 - May 5 with 5330 viewsqprxtc

I agree. What a despicable horrible c@nt. No one else thought it apart from that tw@t.

God bless everyone in the world.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 22:00]

Fergie on 22:13 - May 5 with 5276 viewsNeil_SI

Likewise, I’ve spent time in his and his wife Cathy’s company and know first hand what you mean. He is one of the few people in the history of the game that you can say: the man is football.

Get well indeed, please.

Fergie on 22:21 - May 5 with 5242 viewsloftboy

Nasty Op he’s had, they probably won’t know if there’s any lasting damage for a few weeks yet, still in his early 70’s. The game doesn’t have any characters like him in it anymore, although I used to seethe about his intimidation of referees notably by wearing a stop watch round his neck, but I think secretly we would have all liked him to be our manager. Hope he makes a full recovery.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fergie on 22:26 - May 5 with 5235 viewsdanehoop

I think that was probably a mistaken attempt at humour.

Never knowingly understood

Fergie on 22:27 - May 5 with 5230 viewsqprxtc

Bingo.

Fergie on 22:56 - May 5 with 5173 viewsMrSheen

He seemed on great form with Wenger last week.

Fergie on 23:24 - May 5 with 5099 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Of course it was a light-hearted comment, I agree, We're allowed them.

I hope he recovers for his sake and his family's sake. Safe to say that I wouldn't be a fan of some of his actions and behaviour but naturally I wish him good health and a speedy recovery.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fergie on 23:56 - May 5 with 5024 viewsbob566

Greatest manager of our generation. Get well alec

Fergie on 00:01 - May 6 with 5010 viewseastside_r

Aye get well soon big man.

Fergie on 00:47 - May 6 with 4959 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yeah, xtc was only joking.

I wouldn't wish ill-health on anyone, but the bloke could be a complete arse (I remembering him refusing to shake Wilkins' hand once, after that one-all draw, wasn't it? Ungracious git.). Brain haemorrhage seems particularly apt for someone with such a temper. But, damn, he was a great manager.

Fight hard, SAF.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fergie on 10:31 - May 6 with 4655 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Been interesting to read comments of those who've met him, against the views I am sure many of us have understandably formed of him as United manager.

Always struck me as a git to be honest! But a git I would have loved to manage my team. So it is nice to read that in 'real' life, he's a decent bloke and this is the measure of the man, not the mind-games nonsense.

Huge op for a person of his age. Good luck to him, and I am sure Fergie-time being what it is, he's still got time on the clock before the final whistle is blown.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fergie on 10:33 - May 6 with 4651 viewsTGRRRSSS

Good Luck to him and his family.

I am no fan of United but I am sure we'd all love to have had him as our manager.

AS anyone does when it's their club and man.

Best wishes to him and his family.

Fergie on 12:58 - May 6 with 4551 viewsNeil_SI

The first time I met him I was really surprised at how he and Manchester United came across. Inside the walls under his reign there, it really felt like a family club, not too dissimilar to QPR, really. I was impressed by that, and just how friendly everybody was.

What made me smile about that day was I met him shortly after a match. He was doing his Sky Sports press conference, which was up on a TV so I was watching it, then he walked off screen as it finished and straight into the room that I was in. It all felt quite bizarre.

He knew most of the people in this room because it was for close friends and family only. As I was someone 'new', he took an immediate interest in me. His first concern was whether I was comfortable and being treated well, and then, despite there being plenty of other people there who could have done this, he decided to make me a cup of tea.

I had spent a few hours in the company of his wife Cathy earlier in that day (and after) and he spent around 1.5 hours chatting with us and took a genuine interest in me. Some of his friends told me he had an exceptional ability to remember names and faces and that he surprised so many by remembering who they were if they met again.

As a football man, I don't think I've met or spoken to anybody more impressive. I learned so much in that short period of time. It made me really think about what it takes to consistently perform at the highest level. I will never forget his eyes and the way he looks at you... they had a drive and will to win etched in them that I've never seen in anybody else and he's the only person I've met who had such an aura about him that it made me feel nervous.

Fergie on 13:01 - May 6 with 4538 viewsted_hendrix

That's a nice post, I sincerely hope he pulls through.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fergie on 13:03 - May 6 with 4535 viewsisawqpratwcity

Impressive, Neil, thanks.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024