Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone! 16:01 - May 10 with 17491 viewsRs_Holy

its official

Gone! on 22:06 - May 10 with 3085 viewsPunteR

"My fear though is that we will also lose the scouting network that has been so painstakingly constructed and is now starting to pay dividends."

You could be right.

All thanks to Ollie according to this.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/les-ferdinand-on-gary-penrices-appointment/
[Post edited 10 May 2018 22:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gone! on 22:08 - May 10 with 3074 viewsQPR_John

I have no problem with you thinking the sacking is poor form however how can you sack somebody even if deserved with class and respect. Sacking Holloway is either right or wrong and is a legitimate argument saying his sacking should have been done with more respect and class is beyond me

Gone! on 22:10 - May 10 with 3063 viewsQPR_John

Brian I thought you were above that still if that is the consensus then I'll leave you to it

Gone! on 22:12 - May 10 with 3050 viewsbaz_qpr

Lets hope not.

However I do think the way the club has been trying to operate is not to rip it all out everytime a manager departs.

I see no reason for Penrice to go, just because Ollie has laid some good foundations it does not necessarily mean he's the right man for the brick work, as long as the next person keeps to the wider plan

Gone! on 22:13 - May 10 with 3052 viewsted_hendrix

Seems a reasonable post to me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gone! on 22:16 - May 10 with 3029 viewsessextaxiboy

So you think sackings should always be done in a disrespective way ?

Because I think even if fully deserved, to sack someone with respect and without humiliating them shows class .

Gone! on 22:18 - May 10 with 3022 viewsPunteR

Are you saying this has been handled well?.
Of course this could have been handled better. They could have shown ollie respect by not leaking things out before a decision was made . They could have told Ollie before the last game of the season so at least he had a chance of a farewell. Ollie gave Mackie, Onuoha the opportunity.
Of course this could have been done with more class and respect.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gone! on 22:18 - May 10 with 3021 viewsessextaxiboy

Mclarens son is chief scout at Derby ...........

Gone! on 22:24 - May 10 with 2989 viewsbaz_qpr

but Les Ferdinand makes the footballing decisions here

Gone! on 22:40 - May 10 with 2925 views2Thomas2Bowles

The light is on but no one at home

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Gone! on 23:58 - May 10 with 2795 viewsWestonsuperR

Desparate for stability and we sack the person that has not only bought us that but has developed youthand over achieved in the eyes of the vast majority of the fan base, crazy decision and one I think they will regret in years to come.

Gone! on 01:36 - May 11 with 2731 viewsHitch

Thank You Ian you did your best.
Long live the new manager.

Gone! on 05:44 - May 11 with 2657 viewsfunkyworm

finished lower half of the table both seasons and there is outrage like the board sacked alex ferguson. im glad holloway is gone. hope the board can get it right the sixth time around.

Gone! on 06:05 - May 11 with 2643 viewsRs_Holy

Look at Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Blackburn... could easily have been us too considering the financial restrictions we now have to work with.
I really think some fans have unrealistic expectations of QPR right now.

Gone! on 07:37 - May 11 with 2532 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ah, I'm not getting excited don't worry. Its an old Spike Milligan joke. Apologies if it wasn't funny, John.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 07:43 - May 11 with 2514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On the scouting issue, I'd imagine we're all worried about that.

I can't help thinking to the Instagram pic that someone posted on here of Fernandes, Penrice and Ferdinand playing golf a couple of weeks ago. No sign of Holloway. The caption was about making future scouting plans, or words to that effect.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gone! on 08:18 - May 11 with 2479 viewsDejR_vu

Good post. Shame about the cheap dig

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Gone! on 12:05 - May 11 with 2346 viewsrsonist

To me this looks like the management structure we've been asking for all these years asserting itself and making a hard but proactive and considered decision.

People are saying where is the continuity and bemoaning upheaval when they've just removed the loose cannon they believe may hamstring the rest of the work behind the scenes. That's maintaining continuity.

Not that he didn't have a role but crediting Ollie with implementing the whole scouting network is fanciful. As Brian points out it doesn't look as though Penrice will walk off in a strop now anyway - the management is trying to squeeze every bit of value from his input now in fact.

Gone! on 12:14 - May 11 with 2302 viewsLowerloftLad

McLaren will be gone by March
[Post edited 11 May 2018 12:26]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Gone! on 13:04 - May 11 with 2222 viewskropotkin41

Blimey, we've sacked him before he's turned up.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Gone! on 14:00 - May 11 with 2147 viewstimcocking

All i hope is, this doesn't kick start another ten years of bickering on this bloody forum. Which i'm pretty sure it will.

Very harsh and i'd have kept him, but Ollie was the architect of his own downfall to some extent. I'd be fascinated to know how many other managers in the championsip would have been playing Pawel down the left, or indeed at full back? And the interviews were so inappropriate i doubt whether a young, unknown manager would have ever got a job speaking like that.

More change, gutted. More raging arguments on this forum for another ten years, gutted again. And gutted once more for poor Ollie.

Gone! on 15:19 - May 11 with 2074 viewsfunkyworm

what about millwall, preston, brentford, sheffield united, and bristol city wouldn’t be surpirsed if they had a lower wages and all finished more than 10 above.

Gone! on 16:16 - May 11 with 1976 viewsEsox_Lucius

This is pertinent to your post too I believe Brian.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/academy-praises-players-elite/

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024