Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next QPR Manager 10:01 - Sep 27 with 20858 views2Thomas2Bowles

May as well start looking now

Who would you like and added to a list of interviewees?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Next QPR Manager on 23:20 - Sep 27 with 2345 viewsPunteR

Yeh the one manager who deeply cares about the club and we make him work with Washington and Sylla. Maclaren walks through the door and we get him a couple of decent loans in. Seems very unfair on Ollie, but there you go... that's our owners for you. No real plan, just make it up as they go then hold their hand up sincerely when it goes wrong. As it does most of the time.
I'm fed up of these owners. Can we get some new ones please. They don't even have to be that rich. FFP put a stop to that. Just someone that knows what they're doing would be nice.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next QPR Manager on 23:43 - Sep 27 with 2331 viewsWestbourneR

I’m with you - the more I think about Gigi DiCanio’s stunt here the more impressed I am. We played such good football. Class above.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Next QPR Manager on 01:02 - Sep 28 with 2292 viewsFDC

Am I getting older or do these threads come earlier every year?

Next QPR Manager on 01:05 - Sep 28 with 2291 viewsFDC

We should apologise first to each other, then the league, then all just walk away.

Next QPR Manager on 07:06 - Sep 28 with 2211 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Purely out of interest; how long is McLaren's contract for? Answer to that will tell you whether he's staying or going anytime soon.

I could get my head round why moving Ollie on made sense. But why we appointed McLaren when it's well known that he's a coach and not a manager, was beyond me. But hey-ho, another fantastic decision made in the boardroom - praise be that public idiot #1 has exited the mess he majestically presided over!

However, surely to God it's a little too early to be calling for McLaren's head? I am not sure to what extent we'd have been better off with Ollie still in charge, if at all, but I am prepared to wait and give him some time to get things moving.

I read from you lot that there are some positive signs, and his team is still taking shape. Sure, I'd like to see Manning here and Smyth more involved, but we've yet to have a manager who picks a side that we're all happy with.

This is a bloody difficult season and one that requires QPR to do anything and everything to get through it unscathed and to avoid relegation. But yet again, we're all moaning, calling for heads when what we really need to be doing, is putting all this annual crap behind us and focusing on the task in hand; survival!

If we ditched McLaren tomorrow, then the more prudent move would be to start looking now for his successor's replacement. Because which ever numb-nuts would be daft enough to take the poisoned chalice, is bound to come under the same scrutiny this time next year!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next QPR Manager on 13:56 - Sep 28 with 2114 viewsPinnerPaul

How we laughed at Millwall fans for over reacting to a defeat...…………………………...

Next QPR Manager on 14:02 - Sep 28 with 2101 viewstraininvain

This time next year?! He'd be lucky to make it to January before people start calling for his head!

Next QPR Manager on 14:32 - Sep 28 with 2069 viewspaulparker

Pinner I know you back all the managers and I know you are all thing's positive QPR but c'mon mate Mclaren is a busted flush and has been for a long time , he is not what we need and has proved that in the small time he has been here , ive never felt so disconnected with all things QPR in the 36 years ive been going
we are stumbling along at the moment waiting to be put out of our misery, im sick of us being a laughing stock with other fans
we stink like a rotten old fish left in a car for 2 weeks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next QPR Manager on 14:42 - Sep 28 with 2051 viewsPinnerPaul

10 pts from 5 games - that's not being overly positive - its a fact!

Absolute joke the flak he's getting on here.

Next QPR Manager on 15:01 - Sep 28 with 2034 viewspaulparker

Rioch and Houston were doing ok points wise but the fanbase were hounding them and that was after win at home (memory has gone to who against)
Paul hart won against Bristol City at home and was still booed
all 3 of them were no good and the crowd saw through them a bit like with this clown in charge

he is getting flack because of team selection , because we lost 7-1 then followed that up with one of the worst home performances in recent times against Bristol City and because we gave up a cup game whilst sacrificing the career of a load of kids so we can rest up against the mighty Swansea
now that's a fact

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next QPR Manager on 15:01 - Sep 28 with 2031 viewstraininvain

Yep. Three wins out of our last five league games and a draw. Playoff form.

Next QPR Manager on 15:24 - Sep 28 with 2008 viewspaulparker

2 wins from two teams worse than us , a bore draw against the mighty Brum and a scrappy win against Wigan who could and should have beat us , yep very much play off form that

Next QPR Manager on 15:48 - Sep 28 with 1971 viewsPinnerPaul

So not 10 pts then?

Looks that way from the league table.

Only 'count' if we play well against teams above us?

As you said 'C'mon mate'!!!!!!!!

Next QPR Manager on 15:55 - Sep 28 with 1954 viewspaulparker

Followed up by a very average Norwich team bossing us all over the park with us chasing shadows and a blackpool team whose fans have deserted them giving us a lesson,
that's points dropped at home against Bristol city, Norwich , Sheff utd , all teams who are very average this year and will finish below or around mid table
6 conceded and one goal for in those games btw

Next QPR Manager on 15:57 - Sep 28 with 1949 viewsMatch82

"I could get my head round why moving Ollie on made sense. But why we appointed McLaren when it's well known that he's a coach and not a manager, was beyond me"

In theory this was exactly the point, to coach up the players we had. Like you I disagreed (strongly)with the decision to get rid of Ollie, but I could see the logic of appointing a manager to coach up our existing players and bring through youth, given the financial situation we were in. Where it went wrong is that somewhere along the line we bailed on that plan.

Next QPR Manager on 16:02 - Sep 28 with 1932 viewstraininvain

10 points out of a possible 15 is playoff form. Fact. Whether you like it or not.

We'll never make the playoffs this season but the reaction to our last two results is well over the top and melodramatic. Get a grip.

Next QPR Manager on 16:21 - Sep 28 with 1902 viewsBerkoRanger

I still think we will make the top six this season.

Next QPR Manager on 16:26 - Sep 28 with 1895 viewspaulparker

I think its you pal who needs to get a grip if you think this managerial appointment is anything but a disaster and that the club is a mess , this is not a reaction over the last 2 games which btw have been terrible , but the season as a whole , its been poor on and off the pitch

Next QPR Manager on 16:32 - Sep 28 with 1889 viewsAshdown_Ranger

I think FFP constraints mean we could only afford Disco, albeit assisted by copious amounts of performance-enhancing drugs.

Disco could introduce the sale of mind-altering drugs on match days - a nice little earner to help with the club debt.

Performances may not actually improve, but at least the fans would be in such a blissful state they wouldn't give a sh1t...

Next QPR Manager on 17:28 - Sep 28 with 1842 viewstraininvain

It's all a bit too emotional for my liking.

Next QPR Manager on 18:53 - Sep 28 with 1792 viewsPinnerPaul

Actually PP is right, its NOT play off form...………………………………...92 points would get you automatic promotion

Next QPR Manager on 19:03 - Sep 28 with 1784 viewsfreddieeddie

One of the chuckle brothers is now not working, surely would be ideal for our club.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Next QPR Manager on 00:00 - Sep 29 with 1713 viewsoddball

they live longer

Next QPR Manager on 01:16 - Sep 29 with 1690 viewsisawqpratwcity

What a depressing thread, hypocritically started by a Holloway acolyte who, for the previous eighteen months, demanded stability and, failing that, a nomination of who would be better and affordable and inclined to take the position. Not exactly even-handed, is it? He's still got his Holloway-stabbed-in-the-back message on all his posts.

The best comparative argument against McClaren is that he's going 1.11 points per game, as against Holloway's 1.17 ppg overall in his last spell (just 1.10 in 16-17). All of those numbers are historically-proven, Championship, relegation risk. But McClaren has had only nine league games so far. Calm the f*ck down.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Next QPR Manager on 01:16 - Sep 29 with 1692 viewstimcocking

If it was up to me, we'd still have Chris Ramsey in charge. I like Chris Ramsey. He has a nice distinguished air about him.

Not enough experience - the biggest croc of sh!t straight out of the daily mail school of bollox that a man in professional football for decades wasn't experienced enough. Anybody who thought Chris Ramsey wasn't experienced enough is only illustrating their own inexperience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024