Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Brexit on 07:52 - Nov 16 with 694 viewsjordan_sibley

It’s all he does. He’s a gobshite.

Poll: which role would you prefer at Saints?

Brexit on 08:51 - Nov 16 with 658 viewskentsouthampton

Brexit is like taking your ten year old Mondeo to the local car dealer to part exchange, the cars old costs a bit in repairs but it's OK it does the job .
You get there and they offer you a rusty old clapped out Astra with a seized engine or nothing at all.
Most sane people would keep hold of the Mondeo.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 8:52]

Brexit on 08:55 - Nov 16 with 647 viewsjordan_sibley

We had this discussion already and the people voted to leave. If the instruction given by the majority is ignored it will herald the rise of the far right, justt like has happened on the continent. Don’t you dare complain if that happens because it’s people like you that will have instigated it.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 9:05]

Brexit on 08:59 - Nov 16 with 639 viewsLeslie_Hughes

And the question still stands. What exactly were they voting for? That’s what I asked myself before voting. Will we all be better off if we leave? As it looks now, does it f***.

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Brexit on 09:04 - Nov 16 with 638 viewsCloudy

I don't remember if it was ever stated about being better off. But no one need worry as we were never going to leave, that much is certain.

Brexit on 09:07 - Nov 16 with 635 viewsjordan_sibley

We voted to leave. That means out of it completely and a sovereign country that decides our own immigration policy, our own trade policies. The choice was In or Out. We chose out. Not half in, or half out. Out.

Brexit on 09:10 - Nov 16 with 631 viewsjordan_sibley

That was clear from the start. Both sides have deliberately tried to make leaving as disruptive and chaotic as possible to get to the end game where they keep us in.

Brexit on 09:10 - Nov 16 with 631 viewsfranniesTache

Funnily enough threats like that make me want a second vote (and i actually don't think there should be one, at least not one to remain).

The idea that we as a country can be threatened by a group of small backwards bigots annoys me, so if the far right want to threaten us i saw bring it on. There's one thing this country does well and that's beats fascists, be it in France during the war, or on the streets of the UK like Cable Street.

Brexit on 09:13 - Nov 16 with 627 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Brexit on 09:13 - Nov 16 with 627 viewsjordan_sibley

In this country we don’t want fascism, but if the people’s vote we had in 2016 is ignored it sadly pushes people to the extremes. That has happened across Europe. The whole rise of modern fascism is because the people in Europe have been ignored.

Brexit on 09:17 - Nov 16 with 622 viewssaint68

I'd actually prefer the time limit to run out and a NO deal, and then we will see some real decisive and rapid action on both sides.

As for May, she was never the right person for such an undertaking.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Brexit on 09:20 - Nov 16 with 617 viewsjordan_sibley

No deal can’t happen, there just aren’t the numbers in parliament who are prepared to respect the instruction given in the people’s vote in 2016.

Brexit on 09:21 - Nov 16 with 617 viewsfranniesTache

If there's a second vote (stop using the ridiculous term people's vote) and the far right/fascists rise up, it's not because they're created by it, it's because they already exist and feel empowered to not hide in camouflage anymore.

The good thing about the UK though is that your side will always be beaten Dune, extremism never works in England and the far right like you will always lose.

Brexit on 09:26 - Nov 16 with 613 viewsjordan_sibley

I don’t believe in the far right, I believe in democracy. If you respect and enact the democratic will of the people you don’t get a rise on either extreme. It’s only when large numbers of people, in this case the majority, are ignored that you see people turn away from the mainstream. That has happened across continental Europe. Your comments are not relevant to the point I am making. Once again you’re just showing your ignorance.

Brexit on 09:32 - Nov 16 with 600 viewsfranniesTache

You can lie to yourself but not to us, you believe in far right politics, it's pretty f*cking obvious

Brexit on 09:33 - Nov 16 with 598 viewsDorsetIan

I believe that the leave campaign was lead by people a bit like your mate Trump. People with a missing gene when it comes to telling lies (Boris, Farage, Banks, Cummings) who were prepared to say pretty much anything to get people to vote their way. And therefore it's not at all surprising that leaving actually turned out to be more difficult and far less obviously attractive than promised. But...

...I also believe that it is important to respect the vote (because democracy is never perfect).

So what I don't understand is that if there is now a deal on the table which it seems likely the other EU countries can live with and which removes free movement of people (which was clearly the No.1 reason people voted to leave), removes us from the common agricultural policy and removes us from the common fisheries policy, keeps the peace in Northern Ireland and still allows free movement of goods, what the hell are people still complaining about!!?

The other stuff is so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things that I think the Brexiteers have been staring up their own arses for so long that they can no longer see the wood for the trees.

People keep saying 'we just want to get it done' - well the quickest and easiest way to get 90% of what they wanted in the first place is to vote for this deal, imperfect though it may well be.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 9:34]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brexit on 09:38 - Nov 16 with 586 viewsjordan_sibley

Having listened, at length, to what Teresa May has said, and what those opposed have said, on balance I would personally go with the withdrawal proposal. It doesn’t seem that bad. It stops freedom of movement and that is the most important thing.

Brexit on 09:44 - Nov 16 with 580 viewsjordan_sibley

If I did believe in that I would say so. I believe in democracy and I believe in the views of the majority being respected. Ignoring the result of the 2016 referendum is a disgraceful betrayal. If no mainstream party respects the instruction given by 52% of voters then where do these people go?

The far right and the far left is for nutters, but if the traditional mainstream do not respect centre ground voters then it is inevitable that the far right (and the far left) will attract some of them. In the case of the 52% who voted leave “some of them” is a lot of people.

These people aren’t the issue, the issue is that our political class do not respect the democratic instruction given in 2016.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 9:50]

Brexit on 09:45 - Nov 16 with 576 viewsDorsetIan

I knew we'd agree on something eventually.

Brexit on 09:55 - Nov 16 with 552 viewsfranniesTache

It really wasn't that long ago when you did admit it. Maybe the fumes from the lorry that you drive have made you forget though?

Brexit on 09:58 - Nov 16 with 549 viewsjordan_sibley

If you need to tell lies to win an argument it says quite a lot about you.

Brexit on 10:12 - Nov 16 with 536 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Nothing worse than liars and bullshitters is there Ian?

Brexit on 10:31 - Nov 16 with 525 viewsfranniesTache

If i could be arsed to go back through your post history and find it i would mate, but you definitely admitted it.

Brexit on 11:13 - Nov 16 with 509 viewsDorsetIan

There's plenty worse (murderers, rapists, people who hog the middle lane) but is there a subtext to your question?

Brexit on 11:20 - Nov 16 with 505 viewsLeslie_Hughes

No. Liars and bullshitters sum up politicians. They’re a joke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024