Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Brexit on 11:38 - Nov 16 with 918 viewssaint22

this problem all stems from the muppet Cameron giving an ill informed public the vote
simple as that, hence he did a runner
and as a result of them being ill informed and a large majority of them not very clever anyway we now have this mess

Brexit on 11:45 - Nov 16 with 909 viewsjordan_sibley

Viola, game set and match.

Poll: which role would you prefer at Saints?

Brexit on 11:48 - Nov 16 with 900 viewsSt_Guido

Clinging on.....

Poll: What would you choose as our Football Club's official name?

Brexit on 12:42 - Nov 16 with 862 viewsTheMoog

The good old ‘Leavers are thick’ argument.

My vote was based on study going beyond ‘send ‘em all back’ and I’ve previously provided you with several reasons why leaving the EU is an opportunity to be exploited.

You really are a pathetic individual.

Standby to standby

Brexit on 12:48 - Nov 16 with 853 viewssaint22

Thats your opinion
Against mine
which is why we are in this mess
If it was a good idea to 'leave' surely it would have been a whole lot more straightforward no?

Brexit on 12:56 - Nov 16 with 842 viewsCloudy

It is straightforward. But the powers that be want you to believe it is a mess in the hope they get the chance to have a 2nd referendum and reverse the decision. Open your eyes man.

Brexit on 13:05 - Nov 16 with 832 viewsTheMoog

Change of this magnitude is never going to be straightforward- it takes a bit of effort and relative short term pain to realise the long term benefits.

You stated your alternative solution was to have had a PM who would have simply overturned the decision. Undemocratic, needy and whiney.

Standby to standby

Brexit on 13:06 - Nov 16 with 828 viewsfranniesTache

Think it'll be more than short term pain before we see any benefits, even Reece Mogg said that it'd be bad for the economy for the first 10+ years

Brexit on 13:07 - Nov 16 with 828 viewsDorsetIan

Who are the 'powers that be' that you are referring to? The most straightforward way to now leave and avoid a 2nd referendum is to vote for this deal. Who are the main people stopping that?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brexit on 13:15 - Nov 16 with 821 viewsTheMoog

It’s all relative and a decade is not that long economically. 10 years is short term compared to being tied to the EU forever.

Standby to standby

Brexit on 13:27 - Nov 16 with 814 viewssaint22

Its clearly NOT straight forward is it, otherwise it would have been done and dusted by now
this is exactly why we are in this mess because 52% of the country thought it would be 'straightforward'
ffs
Plus we have a group of total imbeciles overseeing it

Brexit on 13:36 - Nov 16 with 802 viewsTheMoog

How do you know the entire 52% thought it would be straightforward?

Standby to standby

Brexit on 13:39 - Nov 16 with 796 viewsfranniesTache

Oh in the grand scheme of things definitely, but in the real impact to people's lives 10 years is a f*cking long time

Brexit on 13:39 - Nov 16 with 795 viewsHeisenberg

Go on then. How is is straightforward ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Brexit on 13:54 - Nov 16 with 785 viewssaint22

Why else would you vote to leave?

Brexit on 14:03 - Nov 16 with 775 viewsHeisenberg

Not one of the Brexiteer Tories or the likes of Farage have ever come forward with any detailed proposals. All they do is either resign when they don't get there own way or criticise May for trying to negotiate a deal. I want to hear Boris and his ilk come up with something concrete. They can't of course because they know it will be ridiculed.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Brexit on 14:10 - Nov 16 with 769 viewsCloudy

If we wanted to we could just walk away. But we won't. It is my belief and opinion that the government are deliberately making this look hard and bad for us so they have an excuse to stop it, U-Turn or have another referendum. We do not have to negotiate with them and pander to them. Ergo, it could be very straightforward.

Brexit on 14:27 - Nov 16 with 761 viewsDorsetIan

You are right, we could stick two fingers up to the EU and, particularly, the Republic of Ireland. We could tell them all to f*** right off. But we're not currently at war with them, many of their citizens live here, many of ours live there. We trade and cooperate with the other countries in the EU every hour of every day. They are our friends.

If you really think that that would be an appropriate or reasonable approach, good luck to you, but don't tell me that 52% of the population agree with you, because they don't.

Brexit on 14:41 - Nov 16 with 751 viewsHeisenberg

So just walk away from the hundreds, if not thousands, of agreements that cover trade, security, medical research programmes, health cover, environmental protection, scientific research programmes, health and safety agreements on products, working together to protect child trafficking, agreements on data protection, criminal investigation including cyber crimes, legal agreements etc etc. These are a few examples of complex agreements made over the past 40 years. Anyone who thinks it's easy and we can just walk away is seriously deluded. That's why Johnson and others can't come up with any serious proposals.

Brexit on 14:46 - Nov 16 with 747 viewsTheMoog

I’ve already told you in some detail. If you choose to cover your eyes and ignore that it’s your own blinkered fault.

Standby to standby

Brexit on 14:52 - Nov 16 with 745 viewsTheMoog

You can disagree with the content but it looks like a detailed proposal to me.

https://brexitcentral.com/european-research-group-publishes-guide-keeping-irish-

Standby to standby

Brexit on 17:22 - Nov 16 with 674 viewsDorsetIan

Detailed but apparently glossing over the problems...

http://ukandeu.ac.uk/all-simple-solutions-to-the-post-brexit-irish-border-fail-t

...but I agree at least some kind of attempt at something concrete. Isn't the problem though that this was not published until September 2018 and it did not have to be tested in a real negotiation with the other side picking holes in it.

Got to assume that David Davies tried to advocate for such a solution (and if not why not) early doors (he was banging on about technical solutions and 'away from the border checks' from the beginning) but was unsuccessful. What reason to think that anyone else putting it forward would fare any better now?

Brexit on 18:43 - Nov 16 with 634 viewsTheMoog

Of course Davis advocated solutions such as these, both as Brexit Secretary and as a member of the ERG. But that is Jordan Sibley’s point in that the quisling remainers, led by May, have done everything possible to thwart those attempts at a proper Brexit.

Standby to standby

Brexit on 19:00 - Nov 16 with 616 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Why did you vote to leave then....

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Brexit on 19:59 - Nov 16 with 595 viewsTheMoog

Because I’m racist obvs.

Standby to standby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024