Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners new headline announcement 16:18 - Jun 16 with 1197 viewsHannibal

Where is it then? Now is the time. Let’s be having yaaaa. In the style of a drunk Delia Smith.

They should do something surely. £1300 for a fans charity thing is nice, but...

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

New owners new headline announcement on 16:51 - Jun 16 with 1186 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I've not heard anything about my job application yet.....

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

New owners new headline announcement on 17:06 - Jun 16 with 1179 viewsHannibal

Push Robbie. Make it happen.

New owners new headline announcement on 17:20 - Jun 16 with 1169 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Less of the toilet cubicle humour Hanners.

New owners new headline announcement on 17:30 - Jun 16 with 1161 viewsHannibal

😃very good.

Seriously though, I feel there should be something with a bit of wow factor being said now. So far, yes we have a new owner but has anything changed?

Or am I being needy?

New owners new headline announcement on 18:26 - Jun 16 with 1148 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't think you're being needy. You're being impatient, and can hardly be blamed for that.

Until such time as the Big Four have had time to talk in depth (which may well already have happened), I don't think priorities will change off the field. By which I mean that work on the East, the pitch and the training ground will carry on regardless.

What might change is player recruitment policy and - maybe - the manager (though I have my doubts about that). The difficult problem they have at the moment is around financial planning ; they have to establish a link between expenditure and turnover to cap the former (as per EFL rules) and the last four seasons offer them no useful precedents whatsoever.

I think SS will want as much continuity as possible for the time being, because, seen from the outside, the club seems to be being run properly now, and is on as much of an even keel as you could expect, considering the shambles it was (and still is, in places).

So I think it may be a while until you get a wow. And we don't know how much SS will want to run things like that. There may be a lot of steady, incremental change, and personally I have a feeling that is the more likely.

Sorry, long answer, but I think it was in interesting question.

New owners new headline announcement on 18:44 - Jun 16 with 1140 viewsHannibal

👍

That’s an insightful answer. I understand where you’re coming from with this. I get that 30 years of mismanagement and asset stripping isn’t going to be easy to roll back and as you say, there has to be a correlation between spending and turnover and that’s an unknown at the moment.

I still think there needs to be a bit of honey thrown our way though just to wet our beaks. Even if it’s by statement rather than doing. A statement of intent perhaps?

New owners new headline announcement on 18:55 - Jun 16 with 1134 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think that may come when SS is next in the country. I would expect there will be a press conference for the national/regional/football media, and Christine and her Committee said in the statement they put out on Thursday that they are already looking at the possibility of an EGM with him as star guest. I would hope he would be amenable to that, but we will have to see.

New owners new headline announcement on 18:57 - Jun 16 with 1132 viewsspell_chekker

I've been thinking along similar, but slightly different, lines as Hannibal.

I'd like to 'get to know' Sadler a bit more.

Decent interviews and not simply bland statements.

However, if he wants to be a discreet, more anonymous, type then OK, we'll get used to it.

Also we need to know something about intentions. I'm not expecting a shed load of cash to be pumped in to give us immediate 5 star facilities but I'd like some straight talking.

Even if it's something like - we'll have to make to with the training ground for a good while as there is so much other stuff to do. Even if it's a few years before work can be started on a new training ground because of cost / other priorities we need to know.

Ditto other issues. Prioritise realistically and tell us straight.

Slow and steady (but surely) is good enough for me.

Going back to my original point. I'd like Sadler to 'come out'. It's up to him though.

I'd be expecting a serious statement of intent or personal interview with Sadler this week. One or the other.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024