Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Say it like it is Donald! on 19:43 - Jul 18 with 683 viewsOccasional_Showers

Precisely. I think anyone can be British as that's a civic identity. I don't think you can be English or Welsh or Scottish just by being born there. You need roots.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Say it like it is Donald! on 19:50 - Jul 18 with 664 viewsSadoldgit

If you a born and raised in a country, live your life in that country, that is your home and where you come from. If someone says go back to where you come from, that is precisely where they come from. How generations are you supposed to go through before you can claim a nationality? The POTUS is of immigrant stock and so are the vast majority of his supporters. Perhaps they should all go back to where they come from too?

Say it like it is Donald! on 19:52 - Jul 18 with 661 viewsthis_charming_man

Ask Ocasio-Cortez, she was born in one country and claims to be another nationality. Yet everyone seems very offended for her someone suggested that what she said is in fact the case.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:00 - Jul 18 with 650 viewsOccasional_Showers

Are you offended by the term "native American"?

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:00 - Jul 18 with 649 viewsSadoldgit

It does not alter the fact that she is a US citizen and if she was to go back to where she came from she would not leave the country.
If you know anything about Americans you will know that many of them are fiercely round of their ancestry. Go to New York on St Patrick’s Day. I have friends in a town outside of Seattle where there was a large influx of German immigrants. You can walk into some shops and you would think you are in Bavaria. They go on for hours about their heritage. You can be proud of your ancestry, it doesn’t make you less of a citizen of the country you chose to live in.

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:01 - Jul 18 with 648 viewsOccasional_Showers

If I was Australian of English ancestry could I identify as Aboriginal?

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:02 - Jul 18 with 646 viewsOccasional_Showers

What about being a white south African - could I identify as a Zulu?

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:03 - Jul 18 with 645 viewsthis_charming_man

Okay so when she says she considers herself Puerto Rican despite being born in America that’s being proud of her heritage, yet when someone suggest she goes back to where she claims she’s from, sorts out the mess there then comes back to the country of her birth, which she Claims she is not from, to put in practise what she’s successful achieved elsewhere that’s racist.

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:12 - Jul 18 with 635 viewsthis_charming_man

I don’t think you get how it works mate. If you were a white person in South African and went on about how proud you were of your heritage you’d be slammed for being a racist. Yet an American born person of Puerto Rican heritage who Describes themselves proudly as Puerto Rican is simply proud of their heritage, if anyone points that out its them who are racist.

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:13 - Jul 18 with 632 viewsOccasional_Showers

Would it help if DNA testing was used with a level that when reached entitled you to be English? Much like with native Americans etc those who qualified could then be designated as pure breed English.

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:25 - Jul 18 with 617 viewsthis_charming_man

What confuses me we keep being told how proud they are of their heritage so why is it offensive for it to be suggested that they are capable of going back to the country of origin to sort out the issues? Surely if anything it’s a complement that trump thinks they are that good a politician they are capable of this then return to the US to share best practice.

Say it like it is Donald! on 20:38 - Jul 18 with 604 viewsOccasional_Showers

I'm convinced that's why Trumps supporters are chanting to send them back. They clearly, like Trump, think they could do a marvellous job turning third world country's into prosperous utopias.

Say it like it is Donald! on 21:48 - Jul 18 with 568 viewsDorsetIan

Sophistry central on this thread tonight.

The reasons why there is a consensus that what Trump said is racist is because the phrase 'go home' has a meaning which is well known to all but the very very dim. It means 'you do not belong here' / 'you are not one of us' and it has been used by racist thugs for decades and Trump knows this (as do all of you trying to justify it on here).

And no amount of cows in stables or white south africans or native americans or 'but I also said come back' changes the meaning.

Trump shamelessly uses race to appeal to his brainless, knuckle dragging supporters because he cares only for his own grip on power and is not bothered if he stirs up a bit of racial discord to achieve that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Say it like it is Donald! on 21:55 - Jul 18 with 559 viewsMarcus_y

So, why did he feel the need to add at the end, come back and show us how it is done? Brain, engage, calm down with the key thumping and realise your folly.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Say it like it is Donald! on 21:55 - Jul 18 with 558 viewsthis_charming_man

If he meant they didn’t belong there why did he invite them to come back? Or are we ignoring that bit because it doesn’t suit the agenda?

Say it like it is Donald! on 22:13 - Jul 18 with 545 viewsDorsetIan

We're ignoring it because the meaning of 'go home' is so powerful that it doesn't matter what else he said.

He found that out last night when his supporters were chanting 'send her home'. 'send her home'.

(more punchy than 'send her home to sort out the problems in her historical country of origin and then ask her to come back'.)

Say it like it is Donald! on 22:14 - Jul 18 with 542 viewsSadoldgit

Once again for the hard of thinking, if she goes back to where she came from she stays in the USA.
Perhaps you should go back to pretending to be ITK. You are not doing a very good job of defending a racist.

Say it like it is Donald! on 22:16 - Jul 18 with 534 viewsthis_charming_man

Perhaps a pertinent question would be where does Ocasio-Cortez consider home? The fact she described herself as Boricua suggests she considers Puerto Rico home?

He said go home to sort out the problems then come back. That doesn’t imply they aren’t welcome.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 22:20]

Say it like it is Donald! on 22:19 - Jul 18 with 526 viewsthis_charming_man

She described herself as Boricua, she may have been born in the US but she comes from Puerto Rico, her words no one else’s.

Nice to see you’ve resorted to stifckng your fingers in your ear and insults rather than discussing some very valid points.

Say it like it is Donald! on 22:27 - Jul 18 with 522 viewsDorsetIan

Certainly, interesting discussions to be had about immigrants and their sense of home. And very usual for people to retain an affinity with the land of their fathers. Look at the Irish or Italians or Cypriots in the UK - all with strong ties to that other country. Maybe they call the UK 'home', maybe they call 'Italy' home. Who cares?

But as soon as you start telling them to 'go home' you are not engaging in an interesting debate about their domicile - you are just telling them to f*ck off.

The idea of 'go home' is so racially charged that it can mean nothing else.

Say it like it is Donald! on 22:30 - Jul 18 with 513 viewsthis_charming_man

If he’d have just said go home I’d agree, But he didn’t , he wasn’t saying f8ck off you’re not welcome. he was telling them to go there and sort out the issues in their home country, then come back and tell them how they did it. that is not saying the aren’t welcome, it’s telling them he wants to learn from their experiences.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 22:31]

Say it like it is Donald! on 08:55 - Jul 19 with 456 viewsSadoldgit

He made several references to them going back to where they came from if they didn’t like it in the US and not many references for coming back and fixing the problems. Most people understand that it was clearly a racial slur. If you don’t get it you are either a WUM or your brain is wired like Trumps.

Say it like it is Donald! on 09:03 - Jul 19 with 450 viewsChesham_Saint

A WUM? On Here??

You ARE 130/Elvis/Hillbilly and I claim my prize.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Say it like it is Donald! on 09:43 - Jul 19 with 429 viewsDorsetIan

Look at his first paragraph...

"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run."

He's complaining that four elected congresswomen:

(1) who originally came from elsewhere; are
(2) telling the people of the United States
(3) how our government should be run

The whole thing is set up in US and THEM terms, the gist us which is: don't YOU (who came from elsewhere) tell US (the people of the US) how are govt should be run, you go back and sort out your own governments.

These women are US citizens and have been elected to Congress like everyone else. Because they were black, he felt able to suggest that they had no right to comment on what was happening in the US, and he used the 'go home/back' line used by thugs the world over to do it. The fact that he suggested they also 'come back' does not change the underlying racial discrimination.

I appreciate TCM that you are in favour of free speech and against the culture of 'political correctness' but you are barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Say it like it is Donald! on 10:07 - Jul 19 with 420 viewsthis_charming_man

She says herself she is from somewhere else!

Why is it racist to simply confirm her own words?

People see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear, if you want want to see racism you will . I prefer to deal in facts not hysteria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024