Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on tonight's defeat 22:59 - Nov 27 with 2921 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-reacts-to-forest-defeat/

He's not very happy either.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 23:12 - Nov 27 with 2363 views100percent

I think he got the starting line up wrong today.
No idea why he dropped Hugill - we were humping balls up as if he was there....
Ironically thought that we looked better with ten men for 20/25 mins until we totally capitulated..... very poor performance. Difficult to single out individuals, as they were poor right across the team tonight.
they need to pick theirselves up.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 23:18 - Nov 27 with 2327 viewswombat

Kane gave them one goal by not closing down once again and lost easy possession on thE right wing which again cost us a goal

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 23:19 - Nov 27 with 2319 viewsNed_Kennedys

Team selection was very poor and set us up for the defeat. Ridiculous to drop Hugil for Chair, and why play Ball at home when he offers nothing going forward? Would’ve dropped Lumley for Barnes as well: he couldn’t do any worse. Waste of time waiting until we were two down to bring on BOS, especially for Wells. Poor management.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 23:24 - Nov 27 with 2283 viewsNorthLondonR

We have nothing through the middle. It's been an issue for so long.

If we could (and we can't) manning and chair would be our deep lying midfielders. But with the only other left sided player being me (and I'm not left footed) that's not happening.

We just don't retain possession and make Eze redundant. A real shame. Chair against Birmingham on his full debut at the spine was a thing of beauty.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 23:25 - Nov 27 with 2270 viewsted_hendrix

So shoot me if I'm wrong but prior to Warburton's appointment I'm certain that I read that his biggest Managerial failing is his inability to correct things when they go wonky result wise as is the case at the moment???
Must absolutely must stick with the bloke and tough it out but feck me 4-0 at home?
Bollox that's a wrongun.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 00:31 - Nov 28 with 2094 viewsThe_Seer

Unfortunately we don't have money to spend which results in signing the likes of Kane.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 01:56 - Nov 28 with 2043 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton's not very happy ? He's not the only one tonight! As for his post-match BBC comments, what do we make of:

"We were in that game until the 81st minute and I can defend us as a group of players and staff up to the 81st minute, from there on that's not QPR.

Basic schoolboy errors, poor backpasses, missed clearances, missed headers, very, very poor goals to give away. We don't get beaten at home full stop, let alone by four nil."

On the basis of the last few games, and one or two before that, I'd say that's absolutely QPR, Mark - in fact, a more succinct precis of our woes is harder to imagine! Though it was obviously too much to ask you to note yet another clanger from Lumley to complete your analysis.

At the same time, at 0-1 till the last 10 minutes with 10 men, we're still in the game. Had Scowen's header gone in, it might have been a different story. But the final score is still pretty demoralising regardless.

The coaching team now need to earn their corn, and the players need to show some nous and guts. Have we got enough of either in this squad? Our swash seems well and truly buckled!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 1798 viewsdavman

The starting line up appeared poor tonight, but, aside from starting two up front, not sure what he could have done.
The players started with no tempo or urgency; that is their fault, not completely the manager's.

The biggest mistake Warburton made IMO was immediately after the red card. We have a shockingly open defence, we have gone one down not playing well, gone down to ten men and have 40 or so minutes to go. That is the time for pragmatism and to try to limit damage. Keep 5 at the back especially if you are still going to instruct your full backs to play as wingers. Other wise, it is not a flat back three, it is a flat back two with no pace between them and no protection in front of them.

Guess what happened? It was so clear that was going to happen at that point and it did.

Keep it f**king tight until the 75-80 minute and if you are still in it then push players forward. Yes, the second didn't come to then anyway so you might argue what's the difference, but the team was run into the ground during that 30 minute spell. The three in midfield were running around trying to fill the gaps - they were knackered.

I get that we are getting found out by others now, but Forest didn't beat us with the high press like others did; they stood off a bit more. I think that they knew that we'd crack and give the ball away as our confidence is shot. When they got the ball, they moved it fast and that was what out did us.

Last night never started well, felt uncomfortable from the start and ended up desperately.

Such a typical QPR November.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 09:21 - Nov 28 with 1776 viewsDiscodroids

I like the Manager and he got a head of steam up as regards his fustration on the performance as the interview progressed, but i thought some of the early section of the interview would have had Dr Goebbels public enlightenment division weeping with pride. He only seemed to accept that from 81 minutes onward we were poor.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 09:21 - Nov 28 with 1772 viewsbosh67

That's the thing. Apart from the games against Blackburn and Luton we have started most home games on the back foot and sluggishly. It feels like a complete lack of confidence in their ability to start quickly and press. Bizarre, because if they could have finished at Fulham they started the game very brightly and should have put the game away 1st half.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 09:25 - Nov 28 with 1747 viewsNed_Kennedys

The sending off gave him the excuse for the result but Forest were bossing it all the way up until that point and would've won easily anyway.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 09:29 - Nov 28 with 1735 viewsbosh67

I think to be fair Ted he's had very few times where results have gone wonky. He's been criticised elsewhere for making too predictable substitutions at the same time each game. He hasn't done that here regardless of his decisions.

The biggest problem is he wanted to play a style of football and early on it worked but over the months the players have stopped believing in it. The defence has been chopped and changed through injury. But the biggest problem is that although we have a number of talented players, only BOS out of all of them has any pace that hurts. As good as they are, Eze, Manning, Chair, Ball, Wells and Hugill, none have any real pace. Not to say they aren't good but they can't hurt teams with pace or perhaps track back quickly enough.

At the back Leistner, Wallace, Rangel, Kane, Hall, Cameron, Barbet. All okay in their own way but all somewhat slow and again lacking pace to halt forwards.

Biggest thing for me is the lack of a leader. Leistner is popular with the players but out on the pitch he hardly says anything. Nor does Hall. We need a Derry or a Hill to shout, motivate, harass and put an arm around players during the games.

Never knowingly right.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 10:08 - Nov 28 with 1648 viewsAntti_Heinola

thought the sub was right and, er, it was still 1-0 until the 80th minute!

Bare bones.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 10:14 - Nov 28 with 1618 viewsDando

When are we going to realise that this system isnt working? Ok, we had a great start this season and are exceeding expectations to some extent but surely it is obvious that letting in 2 goals per game for the last 15 in 18 was going to bring the wins to an end at some point? We arent far away from being a decent side, but the set up of the defence needs to be addressed so that it isnt so open. Manning has been superb but I would rather make the team more solid if it means moving him into midfield. We have enough quality attacking players, to sacrifice the wing back system in my opinion

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 10:22 - Nov 28 with 1600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm guessing you would go with four at the back from that, Dando.

Who would you back four be?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 10:35 - Nov 28 with 1571 viewsDando

I probably would to be fair. I know that sounds a bit of a simple solution, but think we need to go back to basics at the moment to stop the rot until our confidence is back.

I would like to see Wallace left back, Angel right back - with Barbet and either Hall or BFG cb.
I realise there is not much pace there, but Kane for me is not good enough defensively and I would prefer Manning in midfield.

Unfortunately, there isnt a great combination of defenders whatever we choose, but the wing back system is leaving us too open as it stands.

Would play Hugill and Wells up front and like to see more of Samuel. Not sure why he was ever dropped in the first place, he was outstanding at the start of the season
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 10:36]

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 10:40 - Nov 28 with 1553 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That would only leave two in centre-mid, I presume?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 10:50 - Nov 28 with 1517 viewsDando

Yep, the 2. Finding it tricky to find the best combination, but simply think the priority right now is to get the defence right, for the teams sake and also for Warburton to get some trust back from some fans.

Just highlighting that for me, Wells, Hugill and Samuel are all key players and for me should be in the lineup in some shape or form if possible. Not criticising Chair but I do think currently he is having less impact on games and would rather seem him on the bench than Samuel or Hugill. Samuel for his pace and threat, and Hugill for his physical quality and goals

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:00 - Nov 28 with 1488 viewsdavman

Yes, which is why I added: "Yes, the second didn't come to then anyway so you might argue what's the difference, but the team was run into the ground during that 30 minute spell". They were knackered!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:03 - Nov 28 with 1485 viewsNed_Kennedys

Totally agree with Dando: Wallace LB, Barbet/Hall CB, Rangel, RB (when fit/not suspended).
Plus two defensive midfielders: I'd go with Cameron and Scowen at the moment.
Prioritise getting a clean sheet.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:10 - Nov 28 with 1465 viewsgazza1

I thought he was very honest with his reflection on the game.....no issues at all.

Re his team selection, surprised he left Hugill on the bench but I suppose he though pace and movement was the answer against Forest so he played Chair. I have no issues with the rest of his team selection - they all done well on Friday at Fulham so why start dropping players if they all ready to play.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 1461 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, thanks.

There's a downside to every chosen formation or selection, I realise. What would concern me about a 442 is that for years we've been overrun in centre-mid anytime we start with only two in there. Also Eze would have to play on the wing which takes our best player out of the game to a large degree.

Hard to know what would work at the moment. Clearly we need Kelly and Barbet back as soon as possible but mostly we just seem to be devoid of confidence.

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 1459 viewsDejR_vu

When fit and not suspened I’d go for this atm:

Kelly

Rangel Leistner Barbet Wallace

Hall Ball

BOS. Eze. Manning

Wells

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:17 - Nov 28 with 1437 viewsE17hoop

I agree.

The lack of encouragement from the crowd was awful last night. We were down to 10 and people were getting on players backs whenever a pass went astray or they lost the ball. We tired badly from the 80th minute and their heads went.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Gaffer on tonight's defeat on 11:33 - Nov 28 with 1393 viewsDando

Agree, ideally 4-4-2 is not necessarily the way but the fact is that as things stand, the shape is not working. Only other option I can think of is to play just the one up front but for me both Hugill and Wells are 2 of our best players and need to be starting. I agree Eze is much better in the middle, but wasnt he playing on the left earlier this season to some degree?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024