Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager 11:39 - Feb 17 with 871 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

New Manager on 19:09 - Feb 25 with 131 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

New Manager on 19:15 - Feb 25 with 128 viewsImperial

I would gamble on a fresh face. Some have been on the merrygoround too many times for my liking.

New Manager on 19:18 - Feb 25 with 125 viewsLala

It would be a yes from me.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

New Manager on 19:23 - Feb 25 with 122 viewsspell_chekker

I don't think he's been around the track too many times Imp.

He's been managing for about 10 years but started very young.

Oxford are the 3rd club he's managed after MK Dons and then Charlton.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

New Manager on 19:31 - Feb 25 with 118 viewsspell_chekker

From The Bolton News live match feed:

"Strong rumour sweeping around Bloomfield Road that Karl Robinson is being lined-up as the next Blackpool boss."

New Manager on 21:52 - Feb 25 with 113 viewsspell_chekker

New Manager on 21:57 - Feb 25 with 111 viewsspell_chekker

Karl Robinson: Blackpool approach for Oxford United manager rejected by U's

Oxford United have rejected an approach from Blackpool to speak to boss Karl Robinson about their vacant manager's role, reports BBC Radio Oxford.

The Tangerines sacked Simon Grayson on 12 February after a run of one win in 12 games which saw them drop from fourth to 15th in League One.

Robinson, 39, signed a new three-year contract at Oxford in August and has been in charge since March 2018.

The former MK Dons manager has won 46 and lost 36 of his 115 games at Oxford.

New Manager on 00:16 - Feb 26 with 107 viewsspell_chekker

Karl Robinson to seek answers from Oxford United's board over Blackpool interest

KARL Robinson will seek clarity from Oxford United’s board this morning over Blackpool’s approach to speak to the head coach over their vacancy.

It emerged just before last night’s game with Accrington Stanley, where a 3-0 victory took the U’s to within a point of the Sky Bet League One play-offs.

But the speculation over Robinson’s future dominated the post-match discussions.

The Oxford Mail understands the approach has been rejected, but Robinson, who last night was the

odds-on favourite, claims he had not been informed.

He said: “I think I should have been called if we’ve had a phone call, 100 per cent.

“In some ways you’ve got to respect the fact that we had a game tonight, maybe that’s the case.

“We have a good relationship and work hard together and are a close unit.

“I just think I’ll get more clarity in the morning.”

Neither United nor Blackpool have commented on the speculation.

Robinson is approaching his second anniversary with United, who have gone from battling relegation to challenging for promotion in the past 12 months.

He has admitted to being frustrated over the way the January transfer window finished, as Shandon Baptiste and Tariqe Fosu were sold to Brentford and efforts to sign other players came up short.

He said: “This team, if they stick together and we spend money on it, can achieve great things.

“But it has to have that second aspect of it to become successful.

“Because if we don’t, we’ll just become like the rest — and that’s me being brutally honest.

“I’m hearing this club is here to be successful and they are the conversations I have on a consistent basis.”

And he is determined whatever the answers, it will be sorted quickly to avoid it becoming a distraction to United’s promotion push.

“We’ll deal with it immediately,” he said.

“I won’t let this run, it’s not right to let it run.”

It overshadowed an excellent evening’s work for United, where James Henry and Matty Taylor again did the damage.

Henry scored the first, before setting up Taylor’s second of the night, taking their goal hauls to 13 and 15 respectively.

Henry said: “Matty’s going to be tough to catch, because I keep putting them in his head.

“It’s great, it’s a connection we’ve got and it’s just built up over time.

“We’re just ticking the games off one at a time at the moment and the belief’s starting to build.”

New Manager on 00:39 - Feb 26 with 106 viewsspell_chekker

Robinson left Charlton 'by mutual consent' for the same reasons he's frustrated at Oxford - A lack of ambition in the transfer market.

There'd be little point in us pursuing him if we weren't going to make promises about squad investment.

Here's an article, his statement, about why he left Charlton:

Sad Karl Robinson issues a statement after leaving League One Charlton Athletic

Departing Addicks boss is sad to be leaving a 'special, special' club

Outgoing Charlton Athletic manager Karl Robinson says he is sad to leave The Valley as speculation mounts over what his next move will be.

The frustrated 37-year-old former MK Dons chief had threatened to resign twice in recent weeks, so news that he was leaving the Addicks this morning came as no great surprise.

Robinson has become disillusioned with life at The Valley and was left frustrated when the club failed to fulfil promises of investing in the first team squad if he got them into a promotion-challenging position in January.

That is something he managed to do, but the club have fallen down the League One table ever since. Robinson’s frustration was only enhanced when the club sold star man Ricky Holmes to Sheffield United in the January transfer window and brought in loanees as replacements.

Robinson has been tipped to take over at Oxford United, who are without a manager since sacking Pep Clotet in January. However, a further twist occurred when Reading sacked Jaap Stam as their manager on Wednesday with Robinson now linked with the Royals hot seat as well.

The Liverpool-born coach, who left the Valley just two days before a crunch play-off six-pointer with League One rivals Plymouth Argyle, issued a statement on his departure from Charlton, which expressed his sadness at leaving.

The statement read: “It has been a whirlwind few days but I’d like to thank the Charlton fans for their support during my time at the club.

“I’ve said it to the press many times in recent weeks and I honestly believe this is a special, special club and whoever does buy it will be very lucky.

"The staff have been impeccable throughout my time and the supporters are so passionate. They brought the club home in 1992 and I hope that the club continues to get back to where it should be for them.

“I am sad to go but the time is right for everyone involved. I will look back on my time at Charlton with a real fondness, we rebuilt the side and have played some lovely football at times this season.

"While results haven’t been ideal recently, there is a talented, enthusiastic and hungry squad at The Valley and I’m sure under the guidance of two Charlton men in Bow and Jacko (caretaker boss Lee Bowyer and assistant Johnnie Jackson), the club can go from strength to strength and flourish under new owners.”

The ownership of Charlton is something which has caused great consternation amongst the home fans, who have been keen to see Roland Duchatelet leave for some time.

There have been numerous high profile protests against his tenure, which appear to have died down since news emerged that he was in talks with an Australian consortium to sell the club.

That was a further reason for Robinson wanting to leave as it is believed they want Crawley Town’s rookie boss Harry Kewell to be their manager, leaving Robinson’s position under threat.

Robinson continued: “Sparrows Lane is a great place to work, especially having the first team and youth teams under one roof.

"It has been such a positive learning experience, working with Steve Avory and his fantastic team to bring through so many young talented players.

"To be able to hand out first team debuts to eight academy graduates is something that has given me immense pleasure and I look forward to watching them continue to develop over the coming years.

“I will also miss the great community element of the club, whether it is Jason Morgan and the inspirational work the Community Trust do or bumping into Riteesh Mishra from the women’s team.

"There is a family feel to Sparrows Lane that I haven’t experienced elsewhere. That Charlton spirit is maybe best embodied by the Charlton Upbeats and I wish nothing but success for the club going forward.”

Charlton are currently ninth in League One, five points adrift of sixth-placed Argyle, who occupy the last of the play-off positions, although the Pilgrims have played one game more than the Addicks.

New Manager on 00:47 - Feb 26 with 106 viewsspell_chekker

He was sacked by MK Dons after a poor start to a season:

Karl Robinson leaves MK Dons after six years in charge
The Dons have won just four of their 15 matches in League One this season and were beaten 3-0 by Southend on Saturday.

Karl Robinson has been sacked by MK Dons following showdown talks with chairman Pete Winkleman on Sunday.

Robinson had insisted he would not desert the club after Saturday’s 3-0 home loss to Southend left MK Dons 19th in League One and winless in four matches.

Robinson was expected to lead MK Dons into a promotion battle this term, but instead the club have struggled, and the 36-year-old finalised his departure on Sunday.

“Milton Keynes Dons Football Club and Karl Robinson have today (Sunday) parted company by mutual consent,” read a club statement.

Head of coaching Richie Barker will step in as caretaker manager while MK Dons seek Robinson’s replacement.

Robinson became the Football League’s youngest manager when taking the MK Dons helm aged just 29 in 2010, later guiding the club to the Championship.

But after just four wins in 15 league matches this term, the MK Dons bosses have moved to unseat the popular manager.

“The start to the Sky Bet League One campaign has been disappointing with results this season not matching the desired standard,” the MK Dons statement added.

“Therefore chairman Pete Winkelman and Robinson have agreed it is in the best interest of both parties to go their separate ways.

“Everyone at MK Dons would like to thank Karl for his immense contribution — he will always remain a respected and significant figure at Stadium MK.”

New Manager on 00:56 - Feb 26 with 106 viewsspell_chekker

William Hill aren't taking anymore bets.

Odds on at Sky Bet.

I've just noticed a new name on the list that I hadn't seen before. Simon Rusk. There's one for you to google.

New Manager on 09:03 - Feb 26 with 91 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yup, had to google him.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

New Manager on 12:48 - Feb 26 with 88 viewsspell_chekker

New name emerges in Blackpool’s managerial search

Blackpool have identified Brighton Under 23’s coach Simon Rusk as a potential candidate to take over the vacant managerial post at Bloomfield Road, a report from Football Insider has claimed.

The Seasiders are searching for a new manager after sacking Simon Grayson earlier this month, following a run of just one win in 12 games in all competitions.

Now it seems as though Rusk could be in line to replace Grayson in the Bloomfield Road dugout, but only after the Tangerines missed out on another potential candidate.

According to the latest reports, Blackpool have turned their attention to Rusk after seeing an approach for Karl Robinson rejected by League One rivals Oxford United, leaving them to search for other options.

Rusk joined Brighton’s Under 23’s side in 2015 having previously worked with their Under 18’s team, and helped them win promotion to the Premier League 2 Division 1 — the highest tier of English Under 23’s football — during the 2017/18 campaign, with the Seagulls’ young side currently third in the 12-team division.

The 38-year-old has been credited with bringing through a number of the club’s current first-team players, while also working with the Premier League club’s senior side on occasion, although he has never actually has a senior managerial appointment of his own.

Since the sacking of Grayson, first-team coach David Dunn has been in charge of first-team affairs at Blackpool, overseeing a 2-1 defeat to Bristol Rovers, a 0-0 draw with AFC Wimbledon, and a 2-1 win Bolton Wanderers in his three games at the helm.

The Seasiders are currently 14th in the League One standings, 14 points adrift of the play-off places with 12 games of their season remaining.

The Verdict

This is an interesting one.

Rusk certainly does seem to have some strong credentials at youth level behind him, and Blackpool will be looking for that sort of winning mentality as they look to force their way back into the Championship sooner rather than later.

However, the fact that he has yet to manage at senior level may be something of a concern, given there is always going to be that question of whether or not someone is capable of making that step up for the first time.

Even so, the fact that he does have experience with Brighton’s first-team does could at least help him in some respects there, and with the number of games in the season still to play quickly falling, you feel Blackpool need to move sooner rather than later if they are to have any hope of snatching a play-off spot this season, meaning a quick move here for Rusk, may not be the worst thing they can do.

New Manager on 12:57 - Feb 26 with 86 viewsspell_chekker

New Manager on 13:03 - Feb 26 with 85 viewsspell_chekker

New Manager on 13:04 - Feb 26 with 85 viewsspell_chekker

New Manager on 13:08 - Feb 26 with 85 viewsspell_chekker

Yeah that's true. Ambitious owner with resources certainly helps. Is Jones out of the running now or is he still making up his mind?

Robinson interview after the game on local radio suggesting he’s not very happy with the board at the moment. Perhaps still annoyed about January transfer window and was annoyed that he hadn’t been told about the approach from Blackpool!

I can see him wanting to move back to the north west , and with a ambitious chairman it might look tempting

What happens now Alan? Do we keep making offers or look elsewhere?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 13:10]

New Manager on 10:06 - Feb 27 with 62 viewsLala

Whose the bookies favourite now?

New Manager on 11:34 - Feb 27 with 53 viewsspell_chekker

Robinson is still the favourite a the moment but he's drifted slightly to evens.

From SkyBet

Karl Robinson 1/1
Paul Heckingbottom 9/2
Ian Evatt 13/2
Nathan Jones 7/1
Richie Wellens 10/1
Simon Rusk 10/1

You can also find:
Brian Barry-Murphy 6/1 at BetVictor

Heckingbottom is still, and quite worryingly, in second place.

New Manager on 12:38 - Feb 27 with 50 viewsspell_chekker

Karl Robinson: Blackpool speculation over after speaking to Oxford United owner

KARL Robinson considers the speculation about his future at Oxford United to be finished after speaking to Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth.

On Tuesday the head coach said he had been put in an uncomfortable position after the U's rejected an approach from Blackpool to speak about their vacancy without his knowledge.

Yesterday Tiger released a statement which explained it had been kept back to avoid it becoming a distraction before the meeting with Accrington Stanley, which United won 3-0.

A conversation yesterday resolved that issue and Robinson believes a line has been drawn under the matter.

He said: "Tiger said 'this is the situation, that’s the way it is'.

"I said 'well if that’s the way it is there’s nothing more anyone can do or say'. It’s that simple.

"This came completely out of the blue late on Tuesday and by 9am the next day it was done.

"It wasn’t like I had anything in mind in relation to speaking to my family or anybody.

"I think if you heard what I was saying after the game, I was telling everybody to get here on Saturday and rally.

"It would be a crazy thing to say if I knew anything and I wasn’t going to be there.

"Am I flattered (by the approach)? 100 per cent, it was a club that was in the Premier League not too long ago.

"Obviously people have called me and said the chairman’s a top man who is having a right go.

"(CEO) Ben Mansford is someone who has gone in there and has done an awful lot. It’s obviously going to be a top job in relation to what they want to achieve next year."

He added: "I’ve got a job to do and a long contract here.

"I’ve always said there will be a day I walk out, because that’s what managers do.

"But we have so much more excitement to put into the place and so much more rebuilding left to do."

If that clarified the short term, there are still questions which hang in the air.

Robinson had made it clear on Tuesday that he wanted to see investment in the squad to keep United progressing.

The U's boss admitted those answers had yet to materialise, but was optimistic.

He said: "We have a board meeting about where we’re going to move forward.

"But one thing I would say is we need to know where we’re going to be next year, what we’re going to try to achieve and the steps in that direction are going to look like."
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 12:40]

New Manager on 12:40 - Feb 27 with 49 viewsLala

Bookies haven’t ruled Robinson out then 👍

He looks like lead singer of Elbow, a bit.

New Manager on 12:42 - Feb 27 with 46 viewsspell_chekker

Robinson's ruled out now Lala.

We posted at the same time.

New Manager on 12:45 - Feb 27 with 46 viewsspell_chekker

It's a shame Robinson's not going to take the job but you've got to commend him on his loyalty to Oxford.

He may regret this decision. Oxford could easily miss out on promotion this year and stagnate next season.

BFC will, sooner rather than later, get turned round and we're heading for consolidation in the top half of the championship and even a pot shot at the prem if all the stars align.

It will happen.

Robinson could have had that.

New Manager on 13:14 - Feb 27 with 41 viewsspell_chekker

I suppose this puts Heckingbottom back in pole position.

Grrrr.

New Manager on 13:49 - Feb 27 with 41 viewsspell_chekker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024