Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI (as of now) 09:06 - Jul 2 with 1455 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Going 3-4-3

Maxwell

Howe Edwards Husband

Feeney Virtue Kaikai MacDonald

Hardie Madine Anderson.

I've left the Fonz out...

Squad here....

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Starting XI (as of now) on 09:03 - Dec 23 with 185 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Interesting to see how this has changed

Now 4-4-2

Maxwell

Turton Ekpiteta Grétarsson Garbutt

Hamilton Ward Dougall Anderson

Madine Yates

Subs

Sims Gabriel Ballard Kaikai Virtue Kemp Woodburn

No loans in my starting XI, and Robson not even in my 18

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Starting XI (as of now) on 11:20 - Dec 23 with 177 viewsspell_chekker

I stopped doing this when we put Madine in and went 4-4-2.

4-4-2 - It worked and steadied the ship at a time when we needed it. At the time we had an exceptionally easy run of games against the division's weakest opposition and it stopped the rot / put points on the board. If anyone thinks that persisting with this system is the way to go to get us into the play off they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Madine - Very good at league 1 level for the type of player he is. He's a massive upgrade on Gnanduillet. The problem with him is that his back's gone and he can no longer run. Also, we can't set the team up to play to his strengths - he needs traditional wide men who are going to put crosses in. We all know this. We had Feeney but he's loaned out to Tranmere: even Shaw on the left could have put balls over for him. We no longer have the players to make a Madine type striker work, we've gone in a different direction. Persisting with Madine will get us wins against lower placed teams + the odd result - we'd be a solid L1 team - but won't get us in the play offs. No way.

My summary. Critchley was right to change to 4-4-2 and play Madine. We sorely needed it at the time. Critchley's ideas were all too much, all at once for a completely new set of players and so a back to basics put us on track. However, Critchley's original principles remain the best way of progressing and the players we have are capable of playing that way. It's just that this kind of complicated system takes a couple of years to put in place. We had a revolution when evolution was needed.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Starting XI (as of now) on 05:54 - May 4 with 141 viewsspell_chekker

This seems to be exactly the model that Critchley is going for.

We've seen everything mentioned in this video at some point this season. Complicated stuff that'd take at least another season for the squad to perfect.

Interesting to see that Naglesmann plays with a target man.

The RB Leipzig model under Naglesmann:

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Starting XI (as of now) on 11:29 - May 26 with 127 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If Kaikai fit 4-2-3-1

Maxwell

Turton Ballard Thorniley Husband

Dougall Stewart

Embleton Kaikai Anderson

Yates

Subs Moore Gabriel Garbutt Ekpiteta Simms Madine Mitchell

Starting XI (as of now) on 16:37 - May 26 with 122 viewsspell_chekker

The formation depends on who's available and and who's in form.

With injuries, Simms in a rich vein of form and Yates undropable, Critchley's bound to start with 2 up top even if it's not necessarily his preferred way of playing. His arm's been twisted so to speak.

It'd be risky to have Ward and Kaikai in the first eleven - not match sharp.

Ekpiteta's had a few minutes but will only start if Ballard's injured.

Both Dougall and Stewart rules out 3 at the back and means we can't play the diamond like we did away at Sunderland (where we went with 3 at the back + wingbacks for width + narrow diamond to pack the middle of the park).

Assuming that Garbutt's OK, this is what I think the starting eleven will be. Not my preferred team nor formation but the one best equipped for the final on Sunday.

Maxwell
Turton (preferred to Gabriel), Ballard (if fit), Husband (favoured over Thorniley), Garbutt (in form before his niggle)
Dougall, Stewart (both nailed on)
Embleton, Anderson (Critchley hasn't favoured Mitchell yet but he might do after the 2nd leg performance)
Yates (nailed on), Simms (on form)

If, by the grace of god, we manage to get a lead of a couple of goals, Critchley will bring on either Gabriel or Thorniley and switch to 5 at the back to shore up for the last 20 mins like he did in the first leg against Oxford.

If we're chasing the game, it depends on who's fit. There's really only the possibility of calling on Mitchell, Kaikai, and Madine.

Who would come off to accommodate one of them? My money's on a defensive mid and a tiring offensive player (probably Simms if he's had no joy).

This type of change would see us setting up as Crichley's first love (and in my opinion his ultimate objective) of 4-1-4-1 of 4-1-3-2. Reverting back to type.
[Post edited 26 May 2021 16:40]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024