Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development 20:08 - Oct 19 with 6100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-seek-local-consultation-191020/

https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/41405/heston-flyer-v11.pdf

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 09:45 - Dec 3 with 1498 viewsNorthernr

You know we currently rent two training grounds right? In West London. Dead money going out in rent on two sites every year, year after year - which is a big part of why the club loses as much as it does. We also have teams training in substantard facilities we can't improve.

I can't really think of anything better to invest in, particularly as we own the freehold. It's perverse to suggest otherwise.

This post has been edited by an administrator

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 1458 viewshook_hoops

"a busted club with a rundown stadium"

You've just described about two-thirds of the EFL. Surely the fact that the club is investing tens of millions of pounds into a new training ground is cause for optimism, and to infer in your later post that the only value of a training ground is in its real estate value is way off the mark. If you want cups and trophies every season and a team who plays in a sparkly new bowl then clearly QPR is not the team for you.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:03 - Dec 3 with 1408 views2Thomas2Bowles

All true and if we were floating around in the Prem all makes sence but going to take a long time to get that investment back where we are.

Buying a house is better than renting but you only get the equity if you sell or can rent out yourself to make some money.

Meanwhile, Brentford and Wimbledon have new Stadiums...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:15 - Dec 3 with 1414 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's hugely encouraging overall, and I agree that the Cat 1/A reference is the most pleasing aspect. Makes sense to have the facilities necessary for that move if we decide to go for it.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 1410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, no repeat of the Chinese Incident then?

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1408 viewsNorthernr

I'm not denying the stadium is an issue, but I don't understand how moving out of two substandard training grounds that cost a fortune in rent that we don't own (and can't stay in much longer anyway because Imperial want it back) into a purpose built, modern facility that we own is anything other than a good thing.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:28 - Dec 3 with 1365 viewsfrancisbowles

If I remember correctly it is a big help to our FFP allowable versus non allowable costs balance as well.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:30 - Dec 3 with 1362 viewsNorthernr

It is. Presuming FFP is still going to be a thing, which I'm not really sure how it can be for the forseeable.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:33 - Dec 3 with 1323 views2Thomas2Bowles

Only taken 10 years to do something right, small return really with all the other problems.

Have a chip, salt,-vinegar curry sauce?

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 10:36 - Dec 3 with 1336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Either way, this helps our profitability massively, which means more money for devloping players. Hoos has spelled it out many times.

Anyway, we're not there yet. Peace in our Time.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 11:05 - Dec 3 with 1261 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes, like any responsible organisation, the club was planning for an improved financial future within the current regulations, without knowing what was coming at the world.

It will be really grating if all those that were flouting the rules, will now get away with it as Profit and Sustainability (FFP) collapses, probably being unfeasible and unworkable in the economic realities of the pandemic.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 11:23 - Dec 3 with 1245 viewsCiderwithRsie

Completely false analogy.

The gain here is not through acquiring equity, it is through using rent-free premises in place of having two sets of rent going out indefinitely.

It's not surprising that you and a few others get constantly down-arrowed when everything you say is negative. Manager, players, training grounds, whatever the club does you post something negative.

I have no doubt that if QPR were building a new stadium like BFC or WFC you'd be saying it was a waste of money given our crowds and complaining that we don't have a training ground of our own.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 11:25 - Dec 3 with 1243 viewsCiderwithRsie

I look forward to Warburton's "A clean sheet in our time" speech.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 11:50 - Dec 3 with 1182 viewsnadera78

When the club announced the land purchase had gone through on Insta, with a nice little picture of the future training complex, it got a lot of likes. But the comments beneath were all "looks shit" or "need a defence coach". Some people just want to complain about every single thing. Must be dispiriting for the guys running those accounts to see that nonsense all the time.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 11:50 - Dec 3 with 1181 viewsBostonR

I am sure R's will use various financial tools to fund this investment. I would expect a bond issue with some shares open to fans. Private investors will pile-in and I would not be surprised if a large part of the investment is already covered off.

In investment terms and the long-term future of the club this is a fantastic move.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:00 - Dec 3 with 1148 views2Thomas2Bowles

Call me when that new stadium is being built
We can dance a merry jig and have chips for supper.

*always the same down voters it's how they get their kicks, you lucky bastards *
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 12:03]

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:01 - Dec 3 with 1162 viewsNorthernr

I feel like I'm missing all sorts on here this morning, but why are you going on about chips?

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:08 - Dec 3 with 1125 views2Thomas2Bowles

Don't you like chips?

Chips, the food of the poor for sharing, make friends and influence peps, can't beat a good chip.

Can't afford Cod now days

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:08 - Dec 3 with 1135 viewsswisscottage

Well I down normally downvote people, I tend to just ignore them .. and I'm amazed I still see your posts... oh there's the ignore button! :).

Miserable sod.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:32 - Dec 3 with 1072 viewsNorthernr

I'm lost.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:40 - Dec 3 with 1057 viewsslmrstid

Lets not forget too the standard of training facilities on offer can be a huge draw to players, both first team and development players, when it comes to being in the market in trying to sign them, so there can actually be a direct first team benefit from a better training facility.

Whilst I'm sure the Football Manager style calculation of "better training facilities = better improvement in players" isnt quite so straightforward in real life, it still has an element of truth to it.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:44 - Dec 3 with 1046 viewsNorthernr

Onuoha said as much on the pod, and on his Patreon interview with us that lands next week.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 12:52 - Dec 3 with 1003 views2Thomas2Bowles

Whatever happened to muddy pitches and orange balls

Load of fairies nowadays, they would cry if they had to train on those pitches
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 12:53]

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 13:54 - Dec 3 with 928 viewsslmrstid

All well and good in an era where everyone trained on the local council rec, not so good these days when they don't.

Times have moved on.

QPR seek local consultation for new training ground development on 14:45 - Dec 3 with 852 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes but Captain Birdseye hasn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024