Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
your BEST mate. 22:33 - Nov 12 with 4798 viewsqpr_1968

i dont want to know who he/she is.
but, do you still have one.....from kids etc.

i do, he's qpr..lives in suffolk, a lot of you probably know him.

its good to have a best mate.....2nd family.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

your BEST mate. on 22:45 - Nov 12 with 2412 viewsted_hendrix

I've got 5 best mates in no particular order, my Mrs, my two lads, and my two little granddaughter's.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

your BEST mate. on 22:51 - Nov 12 with 2396 viewsqpr_1968

well played mate....basically your familly.

your BEST mate. (n/t) on 22:54 - Nov 12 with 2381 viewsdezzar

[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 22:56]

your BEST mate. on 22:54 - Nov 12 with 2377 viewscolinallcars

My two good amigos.....Nick Teen and Al K Hall.

your BEST mate. on 22:55 - Nov 12 with 2371 viewsqpr_1968

bit hard for you to understand mate.

your BEST mate. on 22:56 - Nov 12 with 2363 viewsqpr_1968

nice one colin.

your BEST mate. on 22:59 - Nov 12 with 2351 viewsdezzar

No mines basically my family as well , this is so interesting

your BEST mate. on 23:00 - Nov 12 with 2342 viewsqpr_1968

??????

your BEST mate. on 23:59 - Nov 12 with 2287 viewsstowmarketrange

Definitely my brother.We’ve travelled to a lot of different places over the last 10 years watching football,rugby and drinking loads of beer.If only I could get him to enjoy cricket we’d have more time for beer and travel.
Shame he lives in Dorset and this virus has curtailed our fun.I can’t wait till he has to buy me a pint of Guinness in the new white horse before our first game back.He is also the last member of my old family left,and we always get on very well together.

your BEST mate. on 01:20 - Nov 13 with 2250 viewstimcocking

Still close friends with most of my mates from school.

Now, if i had to pick just one, it might be Somchai, one of my cats. He's a very special cat. I'd describe it as a deep love rather than friendship though.

your BEST mate. on 06:08 - Nov 13 with 2175 viewsloftboy

Yep, 53 years old and still meet up with mates from school, been on a few holidays last few years with one as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

your BEST mate. on 06:42 - Nov 13 with 2162 viewsJuzzie

My best mate was from school days. Used to go to pubs regularly, motorbike and car shows etc. I was best man nearly 10 years ago at his 2nd wedding and so on.
Don’t see or speak to him anymore, for some reason he’s shut me off completely.
I admit I went through a period a couple of years ago where I didn’t contact him much as i was so busy as i just had my 2nd child but when I did arrange to meet up he was always busy. Not excuses but genuinely doing something like at his mum’s, working weekends, at his nephew-in-laws, out with his missus etc. It got to the point where i just stopped asking as he was always busy.
Got a bit upset as he’s godfather to my two children and he loved being with them so no idea why he just cut things off. Both him and his wife unfriended me on FB (which was odd). I reached out to him but no response. Mutual friends don’t get involved.
All very strange and sad.
Things are really busy with work, family, impending house moving but maybe when that’s done I’ll contact him again and see.

your BEST mate. on 07:06 - Nov 13 with 2143 viewsdistortR

I hope it all works out mate, that sort of thing is truly hurtful.

your BEST mate. on 07:27 - Nov 13 with 2119 viewsJuzzie

Thanks. I know he doesn’t really see eye-to-eye with my missus but she’s not that bothered and knows he’s my friend. She’s not done anything to get in the way and has actually encouraged me to contact him and says we can still meet up, with the kids if necessary, and she doesn’t have to be involved. I told him this but still no response.
She thinks maybe his wife has poisoned things but i know her really well and shes just not like that.
As said, I’ll try again, maybe over Christmas, and see what happens.

your BEST mate. on 07:45 - Nov 13 with 2091 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hope you get it sorted Juzzie

From youth
Moved to the bush in 71 so lost all friends in Suffolk

My first best friend in London was killed riding his new bike by a hit and run coming out of Holland park school the day after his 13th birthday.

Next best friend was Mick Mills but lost touch around 86, would really like to find him.

My longest friend since 73
Sean
Worked together in the bush market from 14, same school (wren) both support and went to Rangers together worked for the same company till 81/82, lost touch late 80's till about 5 years ago.

My adult best friend (not related) I had for over 35 years died of pancreatic cancer about
6 years ago.

Related, My wife, I met in 78 died of cancer, miss her every day.

My two girls and my 2 dogs

Bazz, it's a love-hate
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 7:51]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

your BEST mate. on 08:06 - Nov 13 with 2063 viewsDorse

You love Baz, you love Baz...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

your BEST mate. on 08:32 - Nov 13 with 2021 viewsDubaiR

I have plenty of mates but 3 best mates, however 2 still live in Dubai and 1 in Australia. I have no one that I could call on a Friday night after a crap week and go for a beer with. Time now is all about family with 2 young children.

Sometimes I think I got the balance wrong as if I really needed someone to talk to and have a beer with there is no one. 99% of the time it doesn't bother me but on the odd occasion I think about it, it can make you feel quite lonely

your BEST mate. on 08:57 - Nov 13 with 1990 viewsqprxtc

My best mate is alway there for me. If I’m down or a bit out of sorts I can call on my best friend to get me out of it.

My best friend has seen me through some lean years and even when things are good my best friend can add to my joy.

Without my best friend things would be bleak and just thinking about my best friend brings a tear to the eye....as my best friend does quite often.

My best friend is my right hand man.

your BEST mate. (n/t) on 09:39 - Nov 13 with 1940 viewsMoonshineSteve

[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 9:41]

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

your BEST mate. on 10:57 - Nov 13 with 1869 viewsKonk

I know how you feel. We moved from North London to Bristol, 3 years ago, I was looking after my son half the week, and he was at a nursery the other half, so I couldn't even meet people at work. I had never lived more than 15 miles from the house I grew-up in, so even though I was in my mid-40's, it was a big adjustment for me to be living that far from family.

My closest mates live in North London, Herts, Brighton, The Netherlands and US, so like you, I can't meet-up with them for a couple of pints in the evening. I really, really miss being able to do that - and for the first six months or so, I felt genuinely lonely; especially as my wife did an overnight in London every week for work. All my brothers'/mates' kids do loads of activities at the weekend, so that makes planning anything really difficult too. My Mum and Dad came to stay with us after a couple of month's of getting settled in, and I actually cried when they left - proper sobbing.

We are very lucky to have lovely, welcoming neighbours down our street, who have kids the same age as our son, so we quite quickly established a group of people we could knock about with, and I really value their company and friendship, but it's not the same as pi ssing about with my oldest friends and brothers. That said, school has been a great way of meeting other people, and there are now 3-4 couples that I feel we have a proper laugh with - taking the pis s out of each other, which to me is a sign of how comfortable people are in each others' company. I've even got to the point of sharing my wan king-at-work stories, which is the ultimate benchmark. I now genuinely really look forward to meeting-up with these people, who have become good friends. We've been on holiday with one of the families for the past couple of years, and are doing so again next year. So, it is possible to make good friends later in life.

I used to find it weird that my Dad never really saw any of his mates when we were growing-up, but now I understand it; people move away, you have a family, you have responsibilities, a budget, limited time, and suddenly, people you saw every week, you haven't seen for years. Prior to Covid-19, me and a lot of my mates, would try and get away for a long weekend every year or two, just to have a bit of time with old friends, laughing at the same old stories, and catching-up. Some of those lads, I never speak with on the phone, but when you're sat in a pub, laughing with them, it's like being transported back in time. I think it's really important to try and carve out a bit of time to get together, even if it's just a night out in town once in a while. Always let your loved ones know how much you love them, but especially at a time like this.

Juzzie - good luck, mate. I'd keep plugging away. It's not completely unheard of for a friend and spouse to not get on. Makes things tricky, but no insurmountable.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 11:04]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

your BEST mate. on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 1814 viewsDubaiR

Konk, I full appreciate and understand.

We moved around along (dads work) so I didn't grow up in the same area with a group of people. I have mates on FB from school but none that I could call and meet up with if that makes sense.

We moved back from Dubai where I was based for 15 years and live in Gloucester (not a million miles from you). My office is in Thame so most of week I leave early and get home late. I know the neighbours to let on to but thats about all. My Mrs how a good social circle locally, I don't.

It also means on weekends I value time with the kids and have not made time to meet up with UK based mates mainly because they all live so far away.

I know if I was in serious trouble I could call one of my 3 best mates and they would do what they could to help. The aspect I struggle with is the feeling of being alone at times. I watch the games on my laptop on my own, the not having anyway to say right love im going to the pub for an hour with so and so,

In so many ways I consider myself not to be lonely and in others I can feel very alone.

My fear like many is as the kids get older and have their own lives, I won't have people to meet up at football with or go for a beer with.

your BEST mate. on 12:19 - Nov 13 with 1764 viewsTonto

My best mates are from Uni 30 years ago.

But the one good thing about covid is that we started a Zoom meet every Monday where we chat and play online games together (board games were a big part of our friendship at Uni).

But I dont have a best mate who live close by. We are spread across the Country.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

your BEST mate. on 12:40 - Nov 13 with 1722 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m in the same boat mate.I started working nights aged 20 so I always missed out with my mates going out during the week.I made up for it a bit at weekends but it wasn’t the same.
Then I moved around and got married,had kids,and continued to work nights.Weekends were spent with the family and watching qpr too.
Now my kids have grown up and moved out and I’ve got more time on my hands to pop down the pub and do normal things,but this virus has brought everything to a halt,plus our village pub is now a Mexican shop,so our village has no where to meet other villagers.The nearest pub is 2 1/2 miles away down busy country lanes,and there is no local cab service out here,so it means a long walk in the dark to get home after a few pints.
I’d like to move to a slightly bigger town about 5 miles away but my Mrs won’t move at the minute.The golf society was always a good way to get out and about and meet some new friends,but that’s all stopped too now.
Oh woe is me.

your BEST mate. on 12:52 - Nov 13 with 1702 viewsDubaiR

I hear you stow.

It is tough.

On one hand I look at people I went to school with who still meet up and go out for drinks etc and think I'm glad I have a family and on the other jealous of the fact they have each other.

99% of the time I am ok, then there is the odd time, where had a bad week or worried about something and I miss picking up the phone to someone and just meet for a beer or two. The closest I get to that is taking the dog for a walk but can be a lonely existence.

your BEST mate. on 13:08 - Nov 13 with 1673 viewsstowmarketrange

We had to have our dog put down a year ago and she doesn’t want another one.I’m in self isolation for 14 days after my in-laws tested positive on Monday so I’m bored stuff stuck indoors with nowhere to go or nobody to see.
Lucky the golf is on the tv I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024