Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton and Hill 17:07 - Feb 23 with 6244 viewsstevenagehoop

Interesting given how some people see Clint as a hero and Barton as a villain that they have teamed up again at Bristol Rovers.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Barton and Hill on 19:26 - Feb 23 with 1990 viewsaston_hoop

I disliked most of the players during that time yes

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barton and Hill on 19:33 - Feb 23 with 1979 viewsMatch82

Maybe back in the day giving someone a slap was part of the game. But even then I don't think you'd find people who thought feigning injury was worse than stubbing a lit cigar into someone's eye (a teammate no less).

Barton never hid, and generally gave 100%, certainly more so than other players we had in that era. I personally don't think that offsets the rest of his behavior, including his attitude toward the club when he was on loan and still technically getting paid by us, but perhaps the likes of Hill, Derry etc do.

Barton and Hill on 19:34 - Feb 23 with 1972 viewskensalriser

Barton has a very long and despicable rap sheet, Hill doesn't.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barton and Hill on 20:06 - Feb 23 with 1918 viewsqpr_1968

bit of useless information.....barton hill is in bristol, so perhaps it was in the making.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Barton and Hill on 21:07 - Feb 23 with 1828 viewseghamranger

Not a great start for our ex players...

Barton and Hill on 21:37 - Feb 23 with 1794 viewsEsox_Lucius

Perhaps you should make a bit of effort and listen to what he said about QPR and you would then be able to make an informed opinion. If you cast your memory back to the time he left too you would also recall that Derry & Mackie were shipped out quickly after too, along with Hill being a lot less vocal about internal goings on at the club. Derry was also very disliked when he was manager at Cambridge Utd. The worst thing Warnock ever did as a manager, IMO, was to put Barton & his pals in charge of dressing room discipline. The dissent and turmoil was no coincidence. Irrespective of any other of his failings, the single act of stubbing a cigar out in someone's eyes definitely makes him a wrong 'un. Spending six months in jail for assault & affray would suggest the law agreed with that particular viewpoint too. He is without a shadow of doubt the most toxic player to ever wear the hops for us, and I include Vinnie Jones in that too.

The grass is always greener.

Barton and Hill on 07:53 - Feb 24 with 1626 viewsgazza1

Is this stuff about Barton slagging Rangers 'paper talk' or an actual interview where you can hear him talking?? Where, actually, is this information??

Where do you get all this info about Barton and his boys were in charge of the dressing room??

Whats you point about Derry and Mackie being shipped out - transfers happen, new managers, new players, etc, etc.

Derry disliked at Cambridge, by who and why?? What's that got to do with Barton??

The only fact in your post that I concur with is the cigar incident which is obviously not good and was dealt with accordingly. The other stuff about him is not an issue as far as I am concerned....digging people out needs to happen a lot more than it does imo.

Just why didnt you like Barton?? Personally, I judge players on what I see and I saw lots of good things from him on the pitch and he was one of only a few that wanted to win, worked hard and fought for the shirt. Plenty of others didnt, just got their wages, big packets at that!!! - they are the toxic people imho.

Barton and Hill on 08:21 - Feb 24 with 1595 viewssoops

There were a couple of interviews (around discussing the play off victory?) last year where Clint revealed a couple of things about his own character that were less than flattering. I can't remember the specifics - it was like having a hot girlfriend that farts and you make excuses in your mind that you couldn't have heard what you heard.

Barton and Hill on 09:34 - Feb 24 with 1531 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am guessing you haven't been a QPR supporter for long as all that information was around at the time.

Barton and Hill on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 1487 viewsbosh67

Two of the red cards were totally justified. The one at home to Norwich where the equally delightful Bradley Johnson hacked, kicked and stamped on him for half an hour only to get a straight red for squaring up to him after yet another two footed lunge on him was completely unjustified. Johnson didn't even get booked.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barton and Hill on 10:14 - Feb 24 with 1463 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barton and Hill on 10:48 - Feb 24 with 1430 viewsTheChef

Er, no - in a game where we're fighting against relegation I'd prefer to have eleven on the pitch and that our players kept their heads.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Barton and Hill on 10:51 - Feb 24 with 1416 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is a Barton thread going to be a weekly feature?

Or can "Barton" be added to the swear filter?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Barton and Hill on 13:49 - Feb 24 with 1351 viewsgazza1

As I thought.....could not answer even one of the questions!!!!

I would expect that I have been a supporter for a lot longer than you, probably attended a lot more matches than you as well - even with a 10 or so year break from attending and probably played a lot more football than you!!!

Barton and Hill on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 1317 views2Thomas2Bowles

Oranges, in halves or quarters.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 14:02]

Barton and Hill on 14:01 - Feb 24 with 1317 viewsPinnerPaul

Ned didn't!

Barton and Hill on 14:17 - Feb 24 with 1292 viewsgazza1

quarters, with a cuppa on a cold afternoon or evening

Barton and Hill on 14:42 - Feb 24 with 1249 views2Thomas2Bowles

Good man now clean the boots

Barton and Hill on 16:54 - Feb 24 with 1191 viewsTGRRRSSS

Tells a lot about Ned then apparently.

Barton and Hill on 22:07 - Feb 24 with 1105 viewsEsox_Lucius

Do your own internet searches. It's all there.

Barton and Hill on 23:06 - Feb 24 with 1065 viewsNed_Kennedys

You slagging off Hill, Derry and Mackie as being troublemakers and bad influences in the dressing room has certainly been around a long time... with no evidence whatsoever.

Barton and Hill on 08:49 - Feb 25 with 929 viewsgazza1

See post above this one......you should rename yourself. The 'story teller'.

Easy to say research........if its all there - prove your points. By the way I am not interested in 'paper talk'. I want to hear individuals speaking.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 8:50]

Barton and Hill on 08:52 - Feb 25 with 923 viewsgazza1

I, too, have heard rumours but nothing concrete. I also find it very difficult to see that Warnock would let anyone run the dressing room apart from Warnock himself.

Barton and Hill on 08:57 - Feb 25 with 911 viewsBostonR

When a well-run club like Fleetwood Town ditch him, you know there is an issue. His whole background and life to-date is covered in anger-management issues, a bloated ego and very little evidence of achievement in his profession.
He always fires off about his leadership qualities but leaders never prosper when it is thinly disguised as bullying, intimidation and fear. He will fail at Bristol Rovers.

Barton and Hill on 09:09 - Feb 25 with 889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can we just have one thread on Barton now?

This comes up every fortnight. Most of us have said our piece weeks, months and years ago, and many times over. It's also all there if anyone wants to search LFW so we're not going to repeat it every couple of weeks.

Why not just keep it to this thread, so it's easier to block out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024