Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibralter player sending off 17:26 - Nov 13 with 4559 viewsstevenagehoop

What is football coming to. Dreadful decision by VAR and even worse by referee. If that was a sending off we might as well pack it in.😡

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Gibralter player sending off on 18:42 - Nov 13 with 4415 viewsnightwish

Thought it was the officials from the qpr vs Sunderland game. Unbelievable decision

Gibralter player sending off on 20:45 - Nov 13 with 4281 viewscolinallcars

What happened ?

Gibralter player sending off on 20:59 - Nov 13 with 4239 viewsnix

Gibralter player sending off on 21:33 - Nov 13 with 4160 viewsMrSheen

A bit like the tackle that got Cole Kpekawa banned for a year in Romania. Some officials hate the look of the trailing leg being caught between two of the tacklers.

CK now at Hemel Hempstead Town, by the way.

Gibralter player sending off on 21:54 - Nov 13 with 4105 viewscolinallcars

Christ, I wonder how the likes of Emlyn Hughes and Chopper Harris would fare in the modern game.

Gibralter player sending off on 22:46 - Nov 13 with 4002 viewsSK_hoops

Looks v harsh.

Sort of related, but an Andorra player got sent off for elbowing someone after 8 seconds in their match against Poland last night.

Gibralter player sending off on 09:26 - Nov 14 with 3831 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't know Cole Kpekwa was in Rumania and hadn't heard about a ban.

This one is quite clear for me Gib player commits to tackle, Turkish player puts left leg across, which then ends up between Gib player's legs, just, as he gets the ball and slides on.

In the modern game it could be given as a free kick but it is not reckless or dangerous and doesn't deserve any more.

Did they have VR?

Gibralter player sending off on 09:40 - Nov 14 with 3806 viewsbosh67

Yeah, if that isn't rescinded they should bin VAR.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gibralter player sending off on 13:31 - Nov 14 with 3577 viewsAntti_Heinola

Never a red, but they seem to be clapping down on those ‘scissor’ type tackles, which can be dangerous, maybe that was why? Not endorsing it, just looking for a reason, because it looks batsh1t. Maybe Pinner can enlighten.

Bare bones.

Gibralter player sending off on 14:19 - Nov 14 with 3486 viewsdixiedean

Utterly bewildering. The only issue possibly deserving of a red card in that incident is the Turkish player’s elbow in the face of the Gib player. So dodgy it is almost corrupt. Scandalous

Gibralter player sending off on 16:33 - Nov 14 with 3380 viewsstevenagehoop

Referee did not see anything wrong with tackle in first instance - whoever was operating VAR cannot have played the game to consider that tackle to be reckless or dangerous and then for the referee to not stand by his original decision in my opinion shows he has no bottle or was frightened of the assessor.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Gibralter player sending off on 13:54 - Nov 15 with 3047 viewsPinnerPaul

Can't add much more to that AH.

'Endangering safety of an opponent' IS the only criteria that fits the red card here - but it isn't is it?

Wrong decision for me, does come from a fair distance so no problem calling it 'reckless', which is of course a yellow.

Gibralter player sending off on 14:57 - Nov 15 with 2978 viewswelwynranger

It looked like a perfectly timed tackle to me it looked like he got all of the ball and none of the man.
If this is how it's going to be defenders will stop tackling , it will be like table tennis.
It's a disgrsce

Gibralter player sending off on 21:16 - Nov 15 with 2829 viewstoboboly

The disallowed '9th' goal and yellow card is just as bad. Seems that after the world cup the europeans are just as $hit at var as we are. Joke of a decision.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Gibralter player sending off on 21:33 - Nov 15 with 2790 viewsMrSheen

On a completely different topic, didn’t San Marino go 1 up on Graham Taylor’s team in sky blue? Given their flag is sky blue and white, why are they dressed like a cross between the Brisbane Broncos and a 70s chewy sweet?

Gibralter player sending off on 22:17 - Nov 15 with 2733 viewstoboboly

There was a brief comment that it was due to their 90th anniversary. Although apparently they didn't play an international until the 80's and they never elaborated so who knows?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Gibralter player sending off on 10:29 - Nov 16 with 2579 viewsfrancisbowles

The 90th anniversary of the founding of their football federation.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/09/02/san-marino-and-the-true-meaning-of-foot

I found this interesting and their pride and perseverance is admirable in these days of out and out professionalism in sport.

Gibralter player sending off on 08:43 - Nov 18 with 2332 viewsE17hoop

Can anyone work out why this was a red card?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59298705

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Gibralter player sending off on 16:23 - Nov 18 with 2247 viewsPinnerPaul

First one you presumably mean?

He did raise his hand to oppo face and by the reaction it connected.

That's an automatic red card as per LOTG unless the contact was "negligible", which it looked like to me, but the ref was 6 foot away.

Great advantage x 2 played for the 1st Stevenage goal though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024