Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) 11:38 - Jul 6 with 20239 viewseghamranger

So says the daily mail, having a medial ( not a medical) so could be BS.

4.5million… ????

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 19:58 - Jul 6 with 3753 viewsVancouverHoop

Aside from Bamford, Leeds as a team haven't exactly set the world on fire with their goal-scoring prowess lately. So I wouldn't necessarily hold that against the kid. If there's potential there it's up to the coaches to bring it out. Let's hold fire for awhile and see how/if he develops.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 20:25 - Jul 6 with 3520 viewsHewittinspain

Leeds fan (or dirty Leeds fan if you prefer) here.
My take on Tyler. He has potential to be a top player but he seems to let himself down by bad decisions which was sometimes frustrating. He has good strength and decent enough speed and he is good on the ball but he seems to lack that awareness on occasions. Bielsa seemed to like him though and for some reason he would always call on him (in the prem) when we either needed a spark or were chasing a goal but he rarely did that. He was supposed to be the one that could fill the shoes of Pablo Hernandez and had he the football brain of him then he would be a much better player. Leeds fans have not written him off because I think most believe there is something there with him and it will click. This loan move will do him good. You have definitely not signed a dud and ive a feeling regular playing time will be good for him especially as he has the World cup in mind.
We also have to remember he is still fairly young. Big season for him and I dont think you will be disappointed at all.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 20:27]

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 20:38 - Jul 6 with 3411 viewsHunterhoop

My take too.

I’m strangely confident he could be a very good fit for us and score quote a few.

I think he’ll start down the middle at 9. We desperately need pace to stretch an oppo’s defence, force them to defend deeper to create the space between the oppo’s midfield and defence for Chair and Willock to operate in. He also physically doesn’t look young and he’s experienced at this level so we’re not signing a spotty young lad who’ll go into hiding at the first sign of a knee high tackle.

Tactically, assuming we play a 4231 or 433 of sorts, I think this is a very astute signing. Fills a need and gives us something different that we didn’t have last year and have lacked solve Bright.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 20:40 - Jul 6 with 3398 viewsloftboy

Cheers for that, hopefully Beale can coach some decision making into him.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 21:26 - Jul 6 with 3176 viewsTacticalR

Isn't one of Beale's big things letting the players make decisions? It's going to be an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

Air hostess clique

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 21:28 - Jul 6 with 3161 viewsTW_R

I’ve passed on your message Dorse. I’ve also been standing outside his hotel room booing just to make him feel at home.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) (n/t) on 21:39 - Jul 6 with 3067 viewsqueensparker

[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 23:46]

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 21:53 - Jul 6 with 2984 viewsLandshark

Dykes will be watching the World Cup the same way you will be.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:00 - Jul 6 with 2926 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh. Now. Y'see. THAT is genius.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:00 - Jul 6 with 2912 viewsLblock

He might do or he might not

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:02 - Jul 6 with 2903 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks, Hewitt.

Much appreciated.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:04 - Jul 6 with 2880 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, not sure I buy this 'Beale will improve him' line. Far from guaranteed.

Sometimes a change of coach can help a player, so let's hope so, but Roberts' last coach was Bielsa.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:25 - Jul 6 with 2755 viewsMyke

So just a right back now and we have all our business done.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:28 - Jul 6 with 2740 viewsLogman

I think we will bring another forward in on loan with either Bonne going out or Kelman or Armstrong going out on loan.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:29 - Jul 6 with 2732 viewsNorthernr

Usual bits...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57988

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:32 - Jul 6 with 2712 viewsted_hendrix

Needanother goal scoring player up front IMO where this goal scorer is to be found on our budget I don't know.
And as you say a right back.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 22:46 - Jul 6 with 2630 viewsLogman

Great article. Maybe you could have mentioned at the end that we were linked with Nahki Wells but that Roberts probably fits our shopping list better.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 00:40 - Jul 7 with 2300 viewsDannyPaddox

Admittedly he’s a Leeds supporter from West London … ie: no moral compass

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 00:48 - Jul 7 with 2288 viewskensalriser

I'm not sure about that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 01:09 - Jul 7 with 2261 viewsDejR_vu

I think there’s a real danger that MB had been overhyped. Undoubtedly a very good and well respected coach, but he’s not going to be a miracle worker turning average players into world beaters.

Very interesting how this is shaping up. About the only real criticism that could even remotely be levelled at MW was that he didn’t take a genuine academy player (ie one that had been here from a young age) play him regularly and sell him for big money. MW obviously didn’t rate them, others at the club reputedly disagreed. Yet, here we are signing players rather than playing those academy players. Hmm. If they’re good enough why are we signing these players? If they’re not, what was the problem with MW not playing them?

This, to me, increasingly looks like a power struggle as opposed to a footballing decision.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 04:25 - Jul 7 with 2131 viewsnumptydumpty

Decent business

Possible to improve

Potential with a decent skill set, can be a 9, 10 or 11 apparently and with 5 subs and the guy has pace and skill if he can get 10 goals plus on top, job done.

Big if, but if we did get promoted, clever to get a clause to buy for under £5 million.

Reading between lines sounds like decent business.

Obviously with our budget no one is guaranteed.

Last season we were all excited by Austin signing but that wasn't to be acroaring success.

Hope for all concerned it's a success.

Way better than signing a 35 year old Shane Long on double the salary.

But in all seriousness we not got budget to sign a 25 year old Shane Long so I doubt we going to have a 20 goal a season player ready made.

Think we will be about spreading the goals around and it's the season for Chair and Willock to go up another level and attacking wing backs, midfielders and defenders such as Dunne and Dickie to all weigh in with decent goal ratios.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 05:52 - Jul 7 with 2050 viewssilky

That post in a nutshell is exactly how I feel about our situation. It Beale doesn't get off to a goodish start this could go south very quickly.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 06:53 - Jul 7 with 1943 viewsSouthallRanger

I don’t think we can say that we are making signings rather than trusting our youthacademy. Every team needs a blend of experience… you win nothing with kids remember unless you have a batch like Man Utd class of 97.

In this case we have lost experience from our defence in Barbet, Wallace and Odabajo two of which were guaranteed starters. I don’t think our youngsters could have replaced that and even if they could we’d have still needed cover.

As for Roberts. As much as I have wanted Thomas to do well, we were severely weakened when willock got injured last season. So if roberts is better cover, or even good enough to displace either Willock or Chair, or we play all three in a man city false 9 style let’s see. Looks like we are doing what we can with our budget. Let’s give the lad a chance.

As for bringing through our own youth. They are training with the first team and being assessed. Let’s reserve judgement until we see how the team, players and management go.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 7:00]

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 07:37 - Jul 7 with 1826 viewsNorthernr

I'm very concerned as well. And those first three games are horrible fixtures for him to have been given.

Tyler Roberts ( incoming) on 08:07 - Jul 7 with 1719 viewsDejR_vu

It might, hopefully, turn out to be a blessing. It’s going to be more difficult for the opposition in the early games to prepare when they don’t really know what formation / players etc we’re going with.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024