Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! 11:08 - Aug 30 with 6839 viewslosethedrum

So we are putting prices up by £6 on the day of the game anyone agree with this ?
Lee Hoos has indicated that if people want to buy thier tickets late they should pay a premium but surely the point is that any casual football fan will be put off by these high prices .
B block in south africa road £43.50 including booking fee , the gate will be given as 12/13k but being midweek there will be more like 11/12k tops in the ground because of supporters who live afar not making tonight .
Surely we could do a deal for cheap tickets in lower school end to boost these night games but more importantly drop the matchday price rise , only championship game on in London tonight we should be looking for a decent crowd not deterring people with from attending.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 6034 viewstoboboly

Agree with you. But Hoos has always seemed to be very anti walk ups and deals, makes no sense to me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 11:33 - Aug 30 with 5893 viewsconnell10

The club have got to pay some how for the cost of installing said rail seating ,and it's the fans who will have to pay for it , just like the lettering for Stan! Hoo,s will not give us something for nothing .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 11:41 - Aug 30 with 5856 viewsBAWHoops

Completely defeats the point of rail seating.

Needs to be no more than £20.

Ridiculous

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 11:44 - Aug 30 with 5846 viewsconnell10

I agree but as I said you won't get something for nothing mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 12:03 - Aug 30 with 5798 viewsDieByYourSide

Ludicrous. Does anyone know what the rationale even is for on the day increases?

No wonder we averaged 14k at home last year even during a successful season, yet took 4k to the Midlands three times.

Pricing and experience on offer at Loftus Rd is seeing us punch above our weight on away following vs home numbers.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:14 - Aug 30 with 5597 viewsknocker

Scandalous.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:21 - Aug 30 with 5558 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ah Lee Hoos with his turn up ticket taxing again.

In terms of how to deal with customers/fans whatever he likes to call it he really is clueless.

Will be very few walk ups I imagine.

Nearly 40 quid doesnt make any sense, and with costs going as they are elsewhere.......

Not even much different anyway what with the booking fees.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:28 - Aug 30 with 5535 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree with the general tenor of this thread, but honestly, I haven't been to a football game in 25 years where I haven't bought in advance. Turnstiles are no longer equipped (maybe wrongly) to deal with pay on the day, so I don't totally blame the club for trying to encourage people to pay less and book earlier. That's pretty much the model, I imagine, for everything from sport to entertainment to longer distance travel. How many people, genuinely, decide at 6.30pm on a matchday to go to a game, and are close enough to make it? That number must be absolutely tiny. I know some people prefer to do that, and that's their prerogative and it's wonderful to be so spontaneous, but really, I don't have a *huge* problem with people paying a premium for that. Just maybe not that much.

Bare bones.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:30 - Aug 30 with 5531 viewsMaggsinho

I assume they don't like walk ups as it's much easier and cost effective to plan and budget for a crowd you know the size of rather than one that may grow at the last minute.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:55 - Aug 30 with 5442 viewsstowmarketrange

Is that the same price as booking online and paying the booking fee?I thought somebody said that it was £36 a ticket anyway.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 14:14 - Aug 30 with 5389 viewsBlackCrowe

£40 for rail-standing, that is a completely out of touch pricepoint in the current climate.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 14:23 - Aug 30 with 5349 viewsenfieldargh

paid £36 + B/fee last night for F block for Hull game

I'm sure when ive booked earlier the price has been around £32?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 14:43 - Aug 30 with 5280 viewsToast_R

I phoned today and bought two tickets; one adult membership and one under 8 (Free). Now the under 8 wasn't available online when I looked and the guy on the phone also tried to charge me walkup price of £36 for the Adult ticket until I reminded him I was a member so got them both for £28 plus B in the end which is what I expected to pay. Something sinister is stirring.

Now I usually book earlier than on the day but only found out yesterday that I could make it after all and because my online account won't allow me to purchase tickets with a payment card (always fails the verification) I have to call every time I want a ticket but I do always look online first to check what seats are available.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 14:47]

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 14:54 - Aug 30 with 5218 viewsBoston

The club will be fully aware of any, all walk up figures. Obviously there are few, none. Still not right though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 15:45 - Aug 30 with 5078 viewsNW5Hoop

Everyone involved throughout the game has always said rail seating would not be cheaper. Terracing was cheaper because you packed more people into the space. Rail seating has the same capacity as ordinary seating. If you reduce prices you reduce revenue.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 17:01 - Aug 30 with 4946 viewsblavod

I have just decided I can make it tonight.

Happy to pay the same price for rail seating; it's a seat after all.

£6 extra on the day of the game is daylight robbery and tonight's attendance will show how the current pricing model is not working.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 18:24 - Aug 30 with 4774 viewsgigiisourgod

Surely it hasn’t always been £40 to sit in the Lower Loft to watch us on a Tuesday night against Hull though. Seems to be about £15 overpriced and imagine will lead to dwindling attendance and detract from the atmosphere.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 18:40 - Aug 30 with 4737 viewsLythamR

The Hull Chairman has laid on free coaches for this particular game to offset our pricing

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 18:41 - Aug 30 with 4728 viewsMick_S

Now you tell me!!!

Oh, I see.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:16 - Aug 31 with 4424 viewstoboboly

Self fulfilling prophecy then

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:23 - Aug 31 with 4389 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm insanely jealous.

If ever I moved back to England, I'd move to the rail seating immediately.
I'd be there even on nights we didn't have a game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 13:44 - Aug 31 with 4327 viewsNW5Hoop

Oh, I don't disagree that QPR overprices tickets generally, especially walk-ups. I'm only talking to the cost of rail seating.

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 16:00 - Aug 31 with 4125 viewsqpr1976

It does seem steep, £40+ to stand, but…..
The club is losing money hand over first and supporters are demanding signings.
They have to make up for the £40 B&W club entry they’ve had to waive, despite charging £6 a pint.

Joking aside, if we keep scoring, winning and being entertaining, ALL seats (rail or not) will sell even if £40. Do they still do 4 or 5 game packages at a better rate ?
Maybe buy a membership ???

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 17:01 - Aug 31 with 4042 viewsterryb

Isn't this the walk up price for gold (which is still too high)?

The lower Loft & R block have been silver since this awful system was introduced. Surely, they've not changed the rail seating/standing to gold?

Rail seating £39.50 on the day for Hull game ! on 08:40 - Sep 1 with 3750 viewsStevenageRanger

Lower Loft still shows as Silver so actually not sure why the losethedrum had to pay £39.50.

Costs for Tuesday should have been as follows:-

£27 for a member
£28 if purchased before 9am on the day
£33 if purchased on the day

+ £3.50 booking fee, so £36.50 at the very most. If charged £39.50 KI would contact the club (I know its only £3 but sounds like the system is pricing wrong however not sure why becasue Gold would have £41.50 inc BF)

https://www.qpr.co.uk/visit/buying-tickets/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024