Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blades match thread.... 22:22 - Oct 3 with 40769 viewsqpr_1968

a very brave and confident 1-0 win to the r's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Blades match thread.... on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 2587 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rangers to make a bloody huge rude muddafukka of a statement regardless of the outcome!

But as my day has progressed after putting my back out this morning and being confined to barracks, I have a growing feeling that Sheffield will not have seen it's sons so crudely exposed since 'The Full Monty'.

I can see Rangers rock up and put in one of those performances we know they periodically do, when they are imbued with a soupçon of justifiable confidence.

At the time of writing, we'd all take a draw but just like Robert Carlyle, I'm going to put my cock on the block and say: two-zip to the Rangers.

'kin 'ave it.....
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 13:45]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Blades match thread.... on 13:32 - Oct 4 with 2574 viewsPunteR

Blades top of the league aren't they?
Hmm... if we win here I think we really are onto something this season.

Sheffield utd 1 QPR 1

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blades match thread.... on 13:51 - Oct 4 with 2484 viewsJAPRANGERS

This game has 2-2 written all over it!

Blades match thread.... on 14:34 - Oct 4 with 2381 viewsHunterhoop

A point would be an excellent result. A win and we’re really cooking with gas!

Blades match thread.... on 15:23 - Oct 4 with 2269 viewsLythamR

They have a local CALL IN radio show in Sheffield which post match is called "Praise or Grumble"

I am hoping today they will ne mostly grumbling after their wheels come off. 0-2

Blades match thread.... on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 2248 viewskensalriser

Blades Blunted as Willock Wields Winner.

Maybe not, I just like the tabloid style alliteration.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Blades match thread.... on 15:59 - Oct 4 with 2142 viewsSonofpugwash

1-2 R's.Willock 'n Chair.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Blades match thread.... on 16:02 - Oct 4 with 2142 viewsRanger_Things

The only football I watch is Rangers so I have no idea how our opponents play or if they are any good. That being said, I’ve looked at the league table and their results and they appear very decent so I reckon we’ll be lucky not to concede at least 2 goals. So I’m going 4-2 Rangers. (Willock hatrick, Chair)

Blades match thread.... on 16:22 - Oct 4 with 2080 viewsSharpy36

Flashscore preview

Whilst a 1-1 draw against Birmingham at the weekend was undoubtedly disappointing for Sheffield United, it did at least serve to extend their unbeaten Championship run to ten games (W7, D3). They might be sitting top of the table, but it will still be tinged with a little disappointment considering two of those three draws saw the Blades squander the advantage after scoring first.
Perhaps victory slipping through their fingers can partly be portioned to the fact boss Paul Heckingbottom had just an “hour’s preparation” due to international commitments ahead of the Birmingham clash, and it’s another quick turnaround again to face QPR on Tuesday. With five-straight H2H league victories for Sheffield United though, Heckingbottom’s side appear more prepared here to cement their spot at the Championship summit.
However, those five H2H wins certainly won’t guarantee the next one for Sheffield United, with QPR making the trip to Yorkshire in fine form. A 2-1 victory over Bristol City on Saturday has the R’s heading into this midweek round occupying a play-off spot on the back of a Championship run of just one defeat in seven (W4, D2), and they travel well considering three of those four wins came away from home!
There’s no guarantee of adding another away win here though, with QPR peculiarly not travelling well when visiting Yorkshire, winning just one of their last 11 league visits to the White Rose County (D2, L8). It’s been a much similar story for QPR at Bramall Lane too, having gone back to West London empty handed on five of their last eight visits (W1, D2), perhaps raising doubts over whether QPR will remain in the play-off spots after this midweek action.
Players to watch: Sheffield United’s Oli McBurnie is in red-hot form at the moment, netting the game opener in three of his last four scoring appearances. QPR’s Chris Willock has a knack for scoring early too, with his five goals this season all coming before the hour mark.
Hot stat: Sheffield United haven’t conceded a first-half Championship home goal this season.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Blades match thread.... on 16:33 - Oct 4 with 2061 viewscolinallcars

Looking forward to seeing it on ifollow with Nick and Andy. A tenner well spent.
A murderously hard game but I'm sure we'll give a good account of ourselves whatever the scoreline.

Blades match thread.... on 16:42 - Oct 4 with 2028 viewsPinnerPaul

1-1 Chair but it won't be that as one look at the Prediction League table will tell you!

Lets hope I'm wrong the right way!

Blades match thread.... on 16:46 - Oct 4 with 2005 viewsHarbour

An unexpected but welcome 0-0.

Blades match thread.... on 17:07 - Oct 4 with 1953 viewskernowhoop

17.00 in Sheffield and it is wet and windy. Tonight is a real test.

Blades match thread.... on 17:14 - Oct 4 with 1930 viewsNorthantsHoop

Toughest game of the season so far, we need to be at our best tonight. A draw would be a great result.

Blades match thread.... on 17:16 - Oct 4 with 1924 viewsMick_S

1-2. Willock first goal. Please.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Blades match thread.... on 18:23 - Oct 4 with 1731 viewsWren67

Predicted a 2-2 draw vs Bristol and was really chuffed with the 2-1 win especially being there to see it too.

Tonight am going for a 2-1 defeat for us I fear but am sure we will give them a game. Willock due one.

Urrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss

Blades match thread.... on 18:25 - Oct 4 with 1725 viewsdmm

Indeed, Mick. We're definitely a first half team this season and score twice as many goals in the first 45 than the second.

It'll definitely give us the advantage to score first.

Blades match thread.... on 18:47 - Oct 4 with 1646 viewsQPRSteve

Dozzel and Amos in for JoJo and Tim. Dunne in for JCS
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 18:48]

Blades match thread.... on 18:50 - Oct 4 with 1598 viewsbenhurst

Not sure how I feel about the lack of full backs on the bench, if Paal or Laird get injured we might be in a bit of trouble

Blades match thread.... on 18:51 - Oct 4 with 1577 viewsMalintabuk

Guessing that Jo Jo and Tim won't manage 2 games in 4 days and JCS the same.
Think tonight Dunne will be tested and is a good choice.
Jo Jo will be missed I think.....Balogun captain?
Good to see Amos starting again, tough game for the lad to come back to, and Dozell

Blades match thread.... on 18:54 - Oct 4 with 1531 viewshubble

That's a bloody decent defence we've got there, feels like we're getting more solid as each game goes by. Sure, tonight will probably be our sternest test this season, but we're a match for anyone these days... Come on URRRRRRRRRRSssssss!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Blades match thread.... on 18:54 - Oct 4 with 1520 viewsdmm

Beale showing real confidence in Dozzell tonight.

Surprised Kakay doesn't retain his place on the bench.

I wonder if Beale might switch to 3 CBs at some point in the match, particularly if we're ahead?

Blades match thread.... on 18:55 - Oct 4 with 1505 viewsbosh67

Is Bonne injured or just totally out of favour?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Blades match thread.... on 18:58 - Oct 4 with 1449 viewsdmm

The latter I think Bosh

Blades match thread.... on 19:02 - Oct 4 with 1386 viewsknocker

He played for under 23 yesterday so no chance he was going to play tonight
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024