Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blades match thread.... 22:22 - Oct 3 with 40766 viewsqpr_1968

a very brave and confident 1-0 win to the r's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Blades match thread.... on 20:33 - Oct 4 with 1919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Berge shot blocked well by Dunne/Field.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blades match thread.... on 20:33 - Oct 4 with 1913 viewsjoolsyp

I think we need to shore up the midfield in the second half. And bring on Dykes to try and make the ball stick a bit more up front.

Blades match thread.... on 20:33 - Oct 4 with 1902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

HT.

Blades match thread.... on 20:34 - Oct 4 with 1880 viewsPunteR

Lol.. Stuart McCall hasn't changed in 35 years still has the same haircut.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blades match thread.... on 20:35 - Oct 4 with 1793 viewsRed_Ranger

cant find. please post a link. thanks

Blades match thread.... on 20:35 - Oct 4 with 1775 viewsqprd

think this is a game thats calling out for dykes.... need someone to hold up the ball

Blades match thread.... on 20:36 - Oct 4 with 1749 viewsMetallica_Hoop

https://soccer24hd.com/game/match/7237/Sheffield-United-Vs-Queens-Park.html

Player2 works for me

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Blades match thread.... on 20:37 - Oct 4 with 1695 viewsRanger_Things

That’ll do.

Blades match thread.... on 20:37 - Oct 4 with 1692 viewsPunteR

We're paying really well. Need to take our chances though. Blades look like they will score soon. We've defended really well.
Chair been dangerous for us.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blades match thread.... on 20:37 - Oct 4 with 1674 viewsconnell10

I think we are really frustrating Utd. Good half from Rangers.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Blades match thread.... on 20:39 - Oct 4 with 1590 viewsRed_Ranger

yes!

thanks

Blades match thread.... on 20:39 - Oct 4 with 1586 viewshoops_legend

Sheff united are much better than us today. I would take a draw right now

Blades match thread.... on 20:39 - Oct 4 with 1552 viewsbongo_king

Sheff U's half, they are top for a reason. Balogun, Paal and Chair done well for me.

Willock not great today so far but has been great for so many games, it was going to happen sometime. And Roberts done less than him.

Feels like a game for Tim. Which midfielder do you take off? Feels like none of them have been great, including surprisingly Field.

Blades match thread.... on 20:40 - Oct 4 with 1540 viewsEmpireStateRanger

So-so. Giving the ball away a bit too much, which has led to a some good chances for United, but we’ve handled their pressure well otherwise.

Need some more bite in the midfield. I don’t think Amos and Dozzell play well together.

Blades match thread.... on 20:41 - Oct 4 with 1504 viewsMalintabuk

Well not sure about the rest of the board but think that as been a decent game of football this 1st half
SU are the better team and have shaded it but, and so they should top of the table and at home, but we have looked organised and hard to break down .
SU have had good progress down our right and we need to get a grip on that the second half
Both CBs have been good but stand out for me was Dunne, marked McBurnie out of it
Roberts also having a decent game seeing he is not an out and out CF
We had a few chances down the left, and it is hard to tell not being at the game, but on a couple of occasions I thought Illy could have done better
Willock and the midfield of Amos and Dozzell are quiet
All in all a good showing by us. Think we might see Jo Jo and possibly uncs to help Laird out.
The same again will do me nicely

Blades match thread.... on 20:41 - Oct 4 with 1500 viewsstevec

Matching a decent side. I’d like to see Laird get a bit more support down our right, hard to see who’s floundering about in front of him with this red button coverage, Amos possibly?

Roberts has his moments but I’d like to see a little more commitment. Still prefer him to Dykes though.

Blades match thread.... on 20:41 - Oct 4 with 1495 viewsQPRSteve

Agree with those who'd like to see Dykes brought on if we are going to continue hitting long balls forward. Would also like to see JoJo come on to bring a bit more experience in the middle.

Blades match thread.... on 20:41 - Oct 4 with 1488 viewsNoelmc

Agree. Dykes for Roberts. Possibly bring on Albert for Amos as well. It would help Laird on our right, where they look very dangerous.

Blades match thread.... on 20:43 - Oct 4 with 1404 viewsBrazilNutR

we had some good spells, and I thought we were better than the Sheff Utd Comms seemed to suggest, and will be interesting if Beale makes any changes at HT and has seen something to outmanage them and give us an upper hand.
Would take the draw at the moment, but it is also winnable if we can not concede.

Come on you Rs..

Blades match thread.... on 20:44 - Oct 4 with 1368 viewsdmm

We're playing well without the ball but need to do better when in possession. Dykes would give us a focal point which I think we need.

Can we resist Sheff Utd for a further 45 minutes? Not sure so we will need probably to find a goal in this game.

Blades match thread.... on 20:44 - Oct 4 with 1364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I make that haircut MOTM.

Blades match thread.... on 20:45 - Oct 4 with 1343 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Me too.

Blades match thread.... on 20:45 - Oct 4 with 1324 viewsstainrods_elbow

Overall, a good, disciplined defensive performance for the most part, though sprinkled with one or two wonderful moments from Chair, who got himself into one or two promising positions. However, we've had the benefit of some less than sharp finishing from the self-blunting Blades on the handful of occasions they've opened us up. Up top, Roberts has been sub-par and Willock has been disappointingly peripheral, literally and figuratively. Stand-out perfomers have been Dunne and Balogun at the heart of defence.

I'd consider a straighy swap of Jojo for Dozzell (if fit enough from the bench), pushing Amos forward in the attacking third, getting Willock on the ball more in the hole, and pulling Roberts for Dykes for the last 20 if things stay as they are to try and win it.

Right now, this could go 1-0, 0-1 or no one 1.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Blades match thread.... on 20:47 - Oct 4 with 1277 viewsaston_hoop

I think we've been decent enough, Balogun and Dunne dealing with the threat. Most of their joy is coming down their left, first time I feel that Laird has been a bit exposed. Willock and Chair doing good work up front, especially giving Basham a hard time. He must be ancient by now, been around forever. Roberts far less so, not surprised if we see Dykes sooner rather than later. Its there for the taking.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Blades match thread.... on 20:47 - Oct 4 with 1271 viewsJigsore

Roberts looks frustrated, maybe send Dykes on soon

I think Shef will find a good cross eventually if they keep getting in behind like that. But we've had some bright sparks

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024