Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne Gone 16:31 - Jan 4 with 13344 viewsToast_R

Mutual termination.

Filed that one under : meh

Clearly a League One standard player much like Connor Washington and that Wheeler chap. One of these days we'll get one right but begs the question when QPR are scouting from the division below, what are they looking at in a striker, is it all done on statistics thesedays instead of someone's keen eye for what's required?

[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 16:38]

Bonne Gone on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 2826 viewsR_from_afar

I wish him all the best, it seemed to me to be a good signing at the time.

His departure should reduce Rangers' legal bills, as well as our wage bill: We won't have to deal with all those compensation claims from linos he has given RSI

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bonne Gone on 17:59 - Jan 4 with 2734 viewsPinnerPaul

Surely not?

Bonne Gone on 18:01 - Jan 4 with 2715 viewsDieByYourSide

Is that not because Dykes actually offers something other than goals? Bonne on the other hand...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Bonne Gone on 18:03 - Jan 4 with 2707 viewsCamberleyR

Washington wasn't even a one season wonder, he was more like a two month wonder. He had an Agyemangesque purple patch where he got 13 goals in nearly as many games for Peterborough just before we signed him. The previous season for them he managed 13 in 44 games which was about his true level.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bonne Gone on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 2627 viewsessextaxiboy

Why ? He has scored 4 in 22 in a League 2 side that is top of the league

Bonne Gone on 18:35 - Jan 4 with 2530 viewspaulparker

Bonne was not really given a proper chance and would have liked to see him get a run of games alongside Dykes

This is a joke isn’t it ? Or is that you Macauley ?

We had to suffer countless games of missed sitters we these two , anyone remember that FA cup home game against Fulham ? Bonne is a pathetic player with zero football intelligence probably one of the worst strikers I’ve seen at the club and I am counting the likes of dean coney and Brett Angel
Another one to the list like Sylla, Yenni, Washington, Polter

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bonne Gone on 18:39 - Jan 4 with 2511 views1JD

The standard practice for most transfer fees are weighted at 80% for the fee and 20% for adds-ons.

So at around 1.6m for the fee, that’s still a lot of money wasted. Hopefully we didn’t pay any add-ons which were presumably appearance-related and hence the reluctance to use him latterly.

Bonne Gone on 18:41 - Jan 4 with 2487 viewsstanistheman

Your the one who is joking.
Bonne had that game and maybe one other alongside Dykes.
Also, in that cup game QPR created a number of chances and Dykes missed a 1 on 1 by a country mile. So if you are judging Bonne on that game then really Dykes should have gone a long time ago.

You also criticised Sylla and Polter yet both had better scoring records for QPR than Dykes .

Bonne Gone on 18:45 - Jan 4 with 2455 viewsLazyFan

I am merely guessing but I suspect it was £1m if he did 45 games as we were the buying club and could call the shots with Bonne as no one else wanted him.

As for who scouted him, it could be the same who scouted Willock or Eze we don't know. Sometimes this happens.

What is good is that we have not thrashed this one into the ground as we did with Washout. We have cut our losses and moved on. Hopefully, we can use the money saved to loan to buy with a better forward.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bonne Gone on 18:46 - Jan 4 with 2455 viewsNorthernr

I mean, given we've worked through three managers during his time here, and throughout that period our big problem has been strikers, the fact he 'hasn't even been given a chance' would suggest he's not exactly tearing things apart in training does it? It's not in any manager's interest, or the club's, to have a striker they paid for sitting around doing nothing while we struggle up front. This might be one of those looks like a duck, quacks like a duck situations.

Bonne Gone on 18:53 - Jan 4 with 2422 viewspaulparker

Bonne waiting for his chance to shine

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bonne Gone on 18:56 - Jan 4 with 2401 viewsdistortR

Didn't that happen, though?

Bonne Gone on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 2363 viewsstanistheman

You could be right there but Beale played Bonne in the pre season friendlies and he scored goals. If he didn’t rate him he should have let him go during the window rather than keep him.

Bonne almost left before it closed but it was pulled as we couldn’t get any one else. However, to keep and pay his wages and not select him is madness to say the least.

Bonne Gone on 19:25 - Jan 4 with 2209 viewsnix

You can't just let someone go. You still have to pay their wages. I doubt anyone else would take him and pay what we're paying. Yet another manager doesn't rate him. If all three recent managers don't put him in the team, there's a good reason for that. I suspect it's also true that playing him would cost more in terms of increasing the transfer fee owed.

It's a shame we haven't managed to source a really good goal scorer. I don't think it's through lack of effort though. And Kelman, Bonne and Dykes were all players who'd scored goals in struggling teams so I get the rationale. And Dykes has been worth it in my view for his overall contribution to the team.

Bonne Gone on 19:26 - Jan 4 with 2200 viewsdistortR

I haven't given up on Kelman yet.

Bonne Gone on 19:27 - Jan 4 with 2187 viewsMrSheen

Do other teams’ fans hate their own players this much?

Bonne Gone on 19:28 - Jan 4 with 2165 viewsTGRRRSSS

He was on the radio when on loan at Ipswich - he made it quite clear he didn't want to go back to QPR, and probably didn't want to join in the first place.

Bonne Gone on 19:41 - Jan 4 with 2109 viewskensalriser

Somebody knows how much we paid for Bonne, but as the fee was undisclosed I doubt anyone here does. Highly doubt it was 2m though unless as was said there were extras for each offside flag.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 22:11]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bonne Gone on 19:44 - Jan 4 with 2092 viewskensalriser

Yes. I lived in Ipswich as a kid and saw a few games there when Mick Mills was captain of a pretty good side. Lots of familiar negative comments and grumbles from the town faithful!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bonne Gone on 19:46 - Jan 4 with 2087 viewsThGrimRanger

what disappoints me was the Charlton fans on the forum that i checked when we signed Bonne were a combination of confused and amused by us paying well over £1 million for him.

there wasn’t one single addick out of the 20ish that commented that suggest he’d be missed. some comments were thank feck they didn’t sign such and such.

they went down that season if i remember right so we should’ve been cherry picking

TheGrimRanger

Bonne Gone on 19:47 - Jan 4 with 2078 viewsHayesender

I see Conner Wickham has decided not to extend his contract with Forest Green, and on the same day we release Bonne.

I hope I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with bollox here

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bonne Gone on 20:03 - Jan 4 with 2019 viewsstanistheman

I meant let him leave in the summer window instead of pulling out of the deal.

Bonne Gone on 20:08 - Jan 4 with 1985 viewsSonofpugwash

So farewell then Macauley Bonne.
Your name probably rhymes with something.
But I'm too disinterested to work it out.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Bonne Gone on 21:21 - Jan 4 with 1776 viewscolinallcars

Gone but not forgotten.
Unlike Thomas who's forgotten but not gone.
No, not fair- Thomas is a bloody good trier.

Bonne Gone on 21:35 - Jan 4 with 1718 viewsdanehoop

Agree to an extent - unless of course it has been made clear to the manager at the time that if you do play him it will trigger a further payment that will come from the available transfer funding. That means you wont be able to sign someone that you might want instead, so please be very sure of him if you play him. That sort of conditionality is like to make every manager adverse to playing him one suspects.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024