Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. 09:12 - Jan 17 with 4424 viewsGaxZE

I can't find the source of the drama, but it's been summarised on PNE forums, reddit, twitter etc as the following:

- Ben Whiteman to Watford leaked
- The leaker has their Spurs ticket revoked
- The leaker then spills more including a plan to put the club in admin in 2024
- The leaker is threatened by Ridsdale
- The club tell the newspapers it's not legit
- The screenshots leak, confirming it is Ridsdale
- The club lie about it not being Ridsdale in this statement

Fun times ahead, probably tosh - but with Ridsdale you can never be certain.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 09:27 - Jan 17 with 4292 viewsdistortR

I can see a lot of people looking to offload non-premiership clubs in the foreseeable. Getting more expensive to run, harder times will lead to smaller crowds, youth team players cherry picked off you by cat A) teams, transfer revenue falling etc etc. For every Brentford - the rest of us aren't. It's a genuine worry.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 09:28 - Jan 17 with 4288 viewsPhildo

if only there had been some warning signs about Ridsdale

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 4159 viewsJuzzie

Just like Kia Kasabian at Everton. Who'd have known eh?

If you involve yourself with these people then you only have yourself to blame.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 10:33 - Jan 17 with 4037 viewsPaddyhoops

The term ā€œArsonist in a fireworks factory comes to mindā€

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 3917 viewsdistortR

He's a piece of work, but he doesn't own Preston. Old man Hemmings owned it, last i heard it was going through probate.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 3691 viewsenfieldargh

THe Hemmings Family regularly put in Ā£x million.

Did so again last week

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 12:35 - Jan 17 with 3567 viewsdistortR

like me, they live on an estate on the IOM.....
Unlike them, i a) don't see heritage sites only in their value as real estate, b) don't land-bank and c) i wouldn't give ched evans a fvcking penny.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 09:25 - Jan 19 with 2972 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 09:54 - Jan 19 with 2854 viewsderbyhoop

Not sure QPR figures will make pretty reading. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that a Championship club will go bust.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 22:20 - Jan 19 with 2554 viewsLblock

Agreed

Glad to see most of the players heā€™s brought to the toffees have a Club Foot

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 23:52 - Jan 19 with 2437 viewsdavman

Christ, what is it going to take to get the football authorities to realise that their strategy of letting the big clubs run the game in this country is going to kill the game itself. The gulf created by the Money League means that it in absolutely inevitable that no-one else will rise up and even when they get their moment in the sun (PalARSE, Brentford, Bournemouth, Southampton, Burnley, Watford, Fulham, etc., etc.) it'll only be the prelude to an almighty crash should they not bounce back before the parachute cash dries up.

When relegation threatened clubs can afford Ā£20m players to help them out and those players come from abroad and not lower league clubs in this country, any semblance of completion can be forgotten; it'll be like taking a plastic fork into a Nuclear war.

COVID killed the economy and has killed the EFL clubs. Combine that with a financial meltdown and General Strikes and the FFP / P&S rules become even more nonsensical. Surely a revamp has to be on its way?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 11:31 - Jan 20 with 2140 viewsTGRRRSSS

Could be looking at a fire sale long term I reckon.

With PR himself should have long ago been booted out.

Football is finally going to have it's crash coming up, the sale of Man United will I reckon finally see the bomb set off - because the sums involved somehow.

Ā£5billion?

I can't see quite how I also think that with the football selling rights all over the shop (AMazon BT, SKy etc) means people start to lose interest and the sums will drop off.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 11:51 - Jan 20 with 2076 viewsJuzzie

Which is why we need to be thankful our lot are still keeping us going.

I'm not saying they are perfect and I know people have reservations about Hoos, Les and the owners etc but we still have a club and with the training ground in full swing I'd imagine there is still hope for us but other clubs may not be fortunate.

The big boys will be alright, they always will, but i fear for clubs in the Championship and lower 'cos the authorities just don't seem to give a schit about them. The very clubs that has made football in the UK what it is, still pretty much the best supported leagues outside of the top flight, and that's their thanks.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 1851 viewsNewBee

" The gulf created by the Money League means that it in absolutely inevitable that no-one else will rise up and even when they get their moment in the sun (PalARSE, Brentford, Bournemouth, Southampton, Burnley, Watford, Fulham, etc., etc.) it'll only be the prelude to an almighty crash should they not bounce back before the parachute cash dries up."

So long as clubs like that don't "gamble the farm" on staying up/getting back up again, then even a couple of seasons in the PL can still be a very good thing for clubs like those.

For instance, PL money has built much-needed brand new stadia for Swansea, Brentford and Soton and allowed major rebuild/renovations/enlagements for Palace and Fulham. And I'd guess Burnley and Watford are both reasonably happy* with their stadium as is, meaning only Bournemouth have not capitalised (literally) in like fashion.

Of course, Brentford's owner has said the club isn't really financially viable as a Championship club i.e. he or s.o. else would still have to subsidise it to a degree.

But assuming they can manage another season or two in the PL, even if relegated again, they would be a Championship club which now had a new fully-paid for stadium fiit for another 50-odd years, little or no debt, plus a much greater profile than at any time in their existence.

Contrast that with a decade or two ago, when Bees were a bog-standard 3rd rate club, in a crumbling old stadium and far more likely to drop down two divisions to Non-League Oblivion than climb up two to the Promised Land.

Clubs just need to be realistic in their aims and competent in trying to achieve them.

* - Apart from the fact that they''re in Burnley and Watford, that is!

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 15:19 - Jan 20 with 1840 viewsslmrstid

A football clubs' biggest outlay is the level of money it pays out in salaries, and whilst they continue to spend more on player wages than the money they actually bring in remains the case it will always be dependent on money men to subsidise the whole thing.

I work for a company that by all company size definitions is bigger than QPR. Our highest paid employees are of course the Directors, there's 5 of them and I know they are all somewhere between Ā£120k-Ā£150k per annum. Put that in football salaries our most senior employees are on between Ā£2,300 - Ā£3,000 per week.

Whilst a Championship football club is trying to carry 20+ professionals on even an average salary of Ā£10,000 per week, its always going to be bang in trouble and at the mercy of whoever is funding it.

If football truly wanted to be sustainable, it would need an enormous collapse in player salaries probably globally.

But league football in this country has been going for nigh on 140 years now and clubs have never shown any sign of not trying to spend every pound coming in to get the best players, so I wouldn't expect anything to change now.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 1769 viewsNewBee

"I can't see quite how I also think that with the football selling rights all over the shop (AMazon BT, SKy etc) means people start to lose interest and the sums will drop off."

People have been predcting that the broadcasting bubble would burst ever since the old days of terrestrial (BBC & ITV), through satellite (Sky & BT) and on to streaming/on demand/mobile and God-knows whatever's coming next.

But this to miss the point, which is that football controls the Product, and so can sell it via whichever distribution channel it chooses (i.e. the one with the widest coverage and/or the deepest pockets). And there is no sign that interest in the product, both in UK and worldwide, is falling - if anything it's the opposite.

And even if the world should suffer a major finacnial recession meaning there was less money around to spend watching football, it would be like eg a drinking hole in the jungle starting to dry up in the summer sun. That is, while the antelopes and other small animals may begin to die of thirst, the big beasts like the lions, elephants and crocodiles will still be able to slake their thirst from what water remains until the rains come back again. And right now, the PL is by some way the biggest beast in the football jungle.

As for clubs in the EFL, so long as they're sensibly managed they should still be nimble enough to out-compete their equivalent clubs in foreign leagues, all of whom are far more afraid of the PL than them (EFL).

And with good reason.

PNE & Ridsdale caught in a bit of a drama.. on 15:59 - Jan 20 with 1690 viewsNewBee

"A football clubs' biggest outlay is the level of money it pays out in salaries, and whilst they continue to spend more on player wages than the money they actually bring in remains the case it will always be dependent on money men to subsidise the whole thing. "

For one thing, clubs really don't need to spend nearly so much in wages - they'll always get players to play for them, and three Championship clubs will still get promoted.

And for another, the appointment of an independent regulator for football offers the hope for better distribution of PL money lower down the pyramid.

"But league football in this country has been going for nigh on 140 years now and clubs have never shown any sign of not trying to spend every pound coming in to get the best players, so I wouldn't expect anything to change now."
And in those 140-odd years, how many professional clubs have actually ceased to exist? A bare handful? (Bury, Macclefield, Darwin?)
Compare that with other British industries like Steel, Coal, Shipbuilding, Car manufacture, where once we had dozens of names and now barely one or two. And even eg with Retail, we've seen the demise of loads of famous names like Woolworths, BHS, House of Frazer and Debenhams etc

By contrast, professional football has now expanded well beyond the traditional 92, such that almost all of the National League is now full-time, with eg Wrexham and Notts County now averaging nearly five figure crowds, and new clubs emerging from towns and cities which were never even close to League status previously.

All of which explains why wealthy new owners are still coming into the game at all levels, and from all parts of the world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024