Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derry 09:48 - Feb 15 with 3744 viewsAd99

Was he really at the game last night? Would he - or some similar figure with a memorable connection to the club - help in any way whatsoever? NC unlikely to be given the boot, otherwise this season will really lurch to farce.

Derry on 09:58 - Feb 15 with 3685 viewsDamo1962

Food for thought.

Derry on 10:43 - Feb 15 with 3534 viewswombat

great player poor manager sorry legend on the pitch but would be final straw for us this seaosn if he come in . nows not the time to be taking chnces on derry , hill etc just becuase they are old players

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Derry on 10:50 - Feb 15 with 3470 viewsMedwayR

Add to that the fact that half our squad wouldn't know who they were so whilst it might get a reaction from the fans it's unlikely the squad would respond to them. Probably the same for Ainsworth too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Derry on 10:51 - Feb 15 with 3459 viewspaulhoop2

I saw him coming out of reception last night after the game looked like he still cared which was a bonus! I know it’s cheap journalism of me lol but why else would he be there especially a mid week game against Sunderland? Can understand millwall as played for both etc maybe an interim appointment or bring him in alongside Critchley ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Derry on 11:02 - Feb 15 with 3384 viewsJuzzie

“Why else would he be there”

Maybe just going to a game?

No need to read something into everything so yes, cheap ‘journalism’ ;)

Critchley not doing well but the players need a right kicking up the ‘arris. They are the ones who cross the white line.
Player power is beyond control, even at this level. They are literally playing with the club’s future then fk off when it suits them.

Derry on 11:14 - Feb 15 with 3303 viewspaulhoop2

Yes but….. we all slagged fat boy off for doing the same attending a game at Glasgow rangers

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Derry on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 3287 viewsstanistheman

Agree about the players but Critchley said Fleetwood was unacceptable, also said that after losing at Hull. He isn’t giving the players a kick or seemingly anything else to get them to perform better. Maybe that’s to do with him and his ability.

However, I do not think Derry would be the answer. Warnock could have been, but that was unlikely.

Wilder may be the answer or perhaps a foreign coach (there was one linked before Critchley got the job).

Whatever is done it needs to happen soon as this poor run has gone on too long with no end in sight.

Derry on 11:17 - Feb 15 with 3285 viewsBerkoRanger

But at the time Beale was employed by another club,us. Shaun Derry is currently out of work.

Derry on 11:17 - Feb 15 with 3276 viewswombat

fat boy was employed at the time though !!

derry is now out of work after leaving palace recently so why not come to a game ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Derry on 11:27 - Feb 15 with 3192 viewsRBlock

Will Ferrell was at Loftus Road as well last night. You think he fancies the job?

Derry on 11:33 - Feb 15 with 3149 viewsNorthantsHoop

Agree always thought we should have gone on all out for a Wilder type interim appointment until end of the season. Used the Beale compensation to get someone decent in short term, rather than plonk a 3 and half year contract on Critchley and his coaching team while in the middle of the season for a bloke who walked out on Blackpool for a supporting role at Aston Villa. Reckon we have been done over again by Critchley and his people, aint coming unless get a long enough deal for protection. Thought from the start of Critchley that all the Beale money will just go to his sacking, wrong manager, wrong time and wrong approach from the club again.

Derry on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 3066 viewsWokingR

Why wouldn't he.
We'll be playing his mates Wrexham team soon at this rate.

Derry on 12:00 - Feb 15 with 2972 viewsSakura

Isn’t he a coach at Palace?

Dougie Freedman also of Palace was there last month. Rumour was watching Chair. So I would guess Derry doing the same (or scouting a Sunderland player)

If it was to a scout Chair they won’t be interested in him after his recent form

Derry on 12:04 - Feb 15 with 2970 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fired because he ripped their players a new one and PV did not like it.
Palace have slipped miles back too from the team at the start of the season who could beat anyone

Derry on 12:05 - Feb 15 with 2969 viewsDixie_CT

Sacked by Viera for shouting at the players:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11712607/Patrick-Vieira-SACKE

Derry on 12:23 - Feb 15 with 2858 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Interviews well apparently, and this board loves a good interviewee.

Will Ferrell as DoF, overseeing Nathan Jones and Shaun Derry in a dream team old skool pairing...well that's just shouting out to me on so many levels.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Derry on 12:28 - Feb 15 with 2799 viewsqprd

hmm, i wonder who the source of the story was... its so brazen its actually funny

"Derry's comments were focused on passion and playing for the Palace badge with pride, but the problem being such displays of passion are not Vieira's style - and even worse it was not the only time it has happened."

Yes, I'm sure Viera really disliked players playing with passion!

No one cares about middling coaches coming and going at teams like Palace. so how did this story get out to the press? Who stood to gain from this?

Do you really want someone like that in our environment, playing the press against other parties to promote or defend themselves....

Derry on 12:43 - Feb 15 with 2683 viewsaston_hoop

Derry failed at the club he supports. The one from his home city where he came through the youth system and grew up a big fan of. Which is very strange as presumably he shouted and showed a lot of passion for the badge. Its almost as if it takes more than that to manage a football team

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Derry on 13:20 - Feb 15 with 2518 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What we're looking for is a modern-day Genghis Khan, but with the sweet, maternal touch of Ingrid Bergman in 'The Inn of the Sixth Happiness'.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Derry on 13:31 - Feb 15 with 2452 viewskingsburyR

There's always Joey Barton.............................

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Derry on 14:12 - Feb 15 with 2249 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Good post here and raises a valid question about todays players.
Derry went above his position and shouted at players to work harder and take pride in the club jersey which got him the sack.
Was it the players who were upset or PV who did not like being undermined and took his revenge.
Palace are soft ,they are not playing well maybe Derry was right but it cost him.
Does our manager rip the players in the dressing room or use kid gloves ,
Either way they are not doing the business sadly

Derry on 14:19 - Feb 15 with 2226 viewskingsburyR

Shout at the players?

You'd have a dressing full of agents in a shot!

Over paid, over indulged, under performing prima donnas.

Bar Field. I thought he had a solid game!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Derry on 14:22 - Feb 15 with 2184 viewsDejR_vu

Would stand out like a sore thumb, too serious compared to the rest of the clowns running the club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Derry on 14:29 - Feb 15 with 2117 viewsqprd

Who is soft? The guy who got sacked and then had his agents/handlers put out some puff nonsense in the press explaining why he got sacked (he got sacked for telling the players to take pride in the club- really, come on?) Or Viera who responded with complete dignity and hasnt said a negative word about Derry and acknowledged his contributions to the club?

But even if we accept your premise: yelling at people isnt good man management. You dont get the best out of people

Palace is soft? They're comfortably mid-table on a relatively small budget in their, what- 9th straight season in the prem? They've gotten results against Utd and Newcastle within the last few weeks

They continue to buy cheaply and develop young players under Viera in the first team- Eze, Olise, Guehi, Joachim Anderson to could name but a few... we could only strive to have the infrastructure in place that Palace has and its comical to think that a guy whose failed in every job (and got Notts County relegated) has anything to add here

Derry on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 1845 viewswood_hoop

Hit the nail on the head !!

Many, me included would love to have played at a pro level with thousands cheering me on.

They are 'living the dream', maybe not at the very top level but high enough to earn a decent living, and the opportunity to go higher with a decent application of their skill levels.

Maybe our sport has reached a zenith and though I am all for players being cared for and rewarded well by their employers, the boot (excuse the pun} really is on the other foot now and supporters. club owners are just 'cash cows' for players and the coaching staff, no matter that the dross served up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024