Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 14:19 - Feb 27 with 2794 viewsAd99

I know there is a collective confidence problem and the defence are as wonky as a ten year old Ikea shelving unit but Dieng has also been disappointing with his role in the majority of the ridiculous goals lately.

Where is his presence in and around the box? Try coming off your goal line to instil some belief in your centre halves mate. The fact that he has scored this season also shows how madly purple our purple patch actually was.

Dieng on 14:23 - Feb 27 with 2759 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep, having a poor season like so many others.

Dieng on 17:40 - Feb 27 with 2517 viewsAntti_Heinola

Up un til a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was one of the few bright spots. Better than most keepers in this league, good enough to be a second choice for a decent prem club. Had a mare the other week and seemed tentative on Sat though. Not sure, slow distribution aside, what else he could have done on Sat mind. I think he comes for the ball more than most keepers.

Bare bones.

Dieng on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 2479 viewsPinnerPaul

Its fine margins though isn't it?

Had a routine (for him) catch that he elected to punch under no pressure.

Last season not making those sort of 'errors' plus of course we had the, for him, unheard of routine drop v Sunderland, which was just poor, however you look at it.

Apart from the speed his accuracy in distribution has been off for a few weeks as well.

Not easy for anyone to shine at the moment is the obvious caveat to all that.

Dieng on 17:58 - Feb 27 with 2442 viewsdaveB

Kept the score down against Middlesbrough last week, not sure he's the problem at the moment

Dieng on 05:40 - Feb 28 with 2113 viewsQPROslo

He's been about the least of our problems all season. Ever present too, and saying that I've just touched every piece of wood I can find in the room

Dieng on 06:12 - Feb 28 with 2089 viewsBushRanger82

The modern mania for goalkeepers to always punch/parry the ball away, rather than catch or hold, leads to so many bad goals conceeded in games today.
That needs to be coached out of them, because Dieng is far from alone in this.

Dieng on 08:23 - Feb 28 with 1976 viewsgazza1

He has done a lot better than most of our players, bad mistake for one of the Boro goals (proper bad), but appears to be lacking confidence. As far as clearing the ball early, he obviously thought the 'quick' ball was too risky.

Dieng is not a major issue, many, many other things in the Team that needs sorting. Starting with defending - recon we could see 3 x CBs on Saturday if we got 3 of them fit, 2 x WBs and 2 x DCMs.....important that we do not loose all 3 points.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 8:24]

Dieng on 08:40 - Feb 28 with 1938 viewsstevec

It’s largely down to the chronic defending in front of him.

If defenders aren’t closing down properly don’t be surprised when professional footballers get every shot into the corners of your net.

Reminds me of Paddy Kenny, good goalkeeper who looked a world beater at the top of the Championship, less so when our defenders couldn’t cope with Premier League players the following year. Every shot seemed to beat him at times that season.

Dieng on 09:55 - Feb 28 with 1844 viewsWadR

I thought that punch in the second half on Saturday was because of the sun in his eyes. Think he opted for the safer option of punching.

Still think he's very good at coming and claiming crosses and freekicks aggressively, perhaps shot stopping wise he hasn't been at his 2020-2021 best but, as others have said, I really do think he's the least of our problems at the moment.

Dieng on 10:03 - Feb 28 with 1831 viewsnadera78

Is he our biggest problem? Far from it.

Is it a problem that one of the players we thought we'd sell for a decent amount has regressed? Yes, a very big one.

Dieng on 10:05 - Feb 28 with 1821 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brian Mc would be better placed than me to comment, but keeping coaches would argue punching is safer - catch and drop it and you're likely in more trouble. A lot of nonsese spoken for years about 'foreign' keeper electing to punch away rather than catch: well, England hasn't produced a top quality keeper since Seaman, so that's nonsense.
Had zero issues with Dieng's punch at the weekend, perfectly fine.

Bare bones.

Dieng on 11:30 - Feb 28 with 1737 viewsHayesender

Too many of us see our players with rose tinted specs on.

Dieng is an average championship keeper. I'm not saying he's shite (he's not) but if he was half as good as some of our lot make out, someone would have bid for him.

The same goes for Dickie (last season), Chair, and Willock.

I mean, I remember people saying we shouldn't take anything less than £15 million for Dickie last season.

Be lucky to get 15 rubels for him now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dieng on 11:33 - Feb 28 with 1724 viewsbosh67

I think he has got jittery because the defence in front of him is so poor. The ball he dropped the other week was very unlike him but all keepers have the occasional bad moments.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dieng on 11:48 - Feb 28 with 1685 viewsGloucs_R

As a former keeper it certainly helps when you've got a reliable defence in front of you and there is additional pressure when they are a bit flaky.

I'm not surprised he's having a wobble, those in front of him are probably giving him nightmares.

On the plus side, he still one of our top scorers this season. 😂
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 15:06]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dieng on 12:32 - Feb 28 with 1615 viewsPinnerPaul

Hes not the ONLY problem, but Sunderland's first goal is down to him.

If we're calling put Dickie,Dunne,Kakay when their errors lead to goals, why not Seny?

Dieng on 22:12 - Feb 28 with 1352 viewsnumptydumpty

Some players get leniency from fans because of previous top form.

Most of this season Dieng has not saved that many shots that end up on target. His distribution is poor and slow and his laid back attitude currently conveys as "can't be arsed"

And the stadium could be under nuclear attack and he still would not give under performing defenders a right old rollicking !!

Needs competition for his place because he is mediocre at best currently.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024