Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Pacquette 12:11 - Mar 9 with 3463 viewsslmrstid

Going back into the warm fuzzy past rather than the current misery...

Saw a clip on On This Day QPR on Instagram the other day of a young Richard Pacquette scoring what must have been one of his first, if not first, QPR goals away at Cardiff City in 2002. It was a good strikers run through and finish.

Whilst showing promise, never quite made it at QPR although I thought he was decent, but he did have to contend with Kevin Gallen, Paul Furlong, Tony Thorpe and later Jamie Cureton in that 2003-04 team which was always going to be difficult.

Definitely showed promise to have a good Football League career, but he never did, although of course is quite well known to have been playing for a long time afterwards for just about everybody in non-league, and scoring for Havant & Waterlooville in their game at Anfield back in 2008.

What held him back from a longer career in the professional game though? Always felt he was good enough to have been a long time League One/League Two player.

People closer to the ground, or not a child back when he broke through for QPR, might have a better idea. Injuries? Just not quite the all round player? Anything else?

Interested to know thoughts.

Richard Pacquette on 12:33 - Mar 9 with 3333 viewsthemodfather

as i recall his big goal came at a 1-0 win away at plymuff, "his name is richard paquette he puts the ball in the net"
somewhere wasn't he loaned out to get fit and came back , or rather sent back heavier? there may be a clue. but as highlighted some established names ahead of him,

Richard Pacquette on 12:39 - Mar 9 with 3306 viewsaston_hoop

Vaguely recall he was possibly at Stevenage but then came back and scored a few winning goals? No idea what went on after that but he's had a hell of a large number of clubs since then. Not the Plymouth goal you mentioned but this one was a great strike

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Richard Pacquette on 13:26 - Mar 9 with 3178 viewsLblock

That Plymouth goal lives long in the memory.

An excellent day out on what must be one of the longest train journey's I've ever made.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richard Pacquette on 13:35 - Mar 9 with 3116 viewsmacclesfieldman

Andy Thomson was a regular No9 for us at the time. I temember in the PO Final v Cardiff he came on as a sub. I liked RP and was disappointed he didn't make the grade with us. I hope the same doesn't happen to SA

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Richard Pacquette on 13:42 - Mar 9 with 3097 viewsE17hoop

Once described as a scorer of great goals, but never a great goalscorer.

Best memory was Cambridge away in L1 where he appeared after half time way ahead of everyone else, Cambridge came out and lined up and we just started singing, 'one man, we only need one man...'. Still lost thought.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Richard Pacquette on 14:12 - Mar 9 with 3007 viewsLazyFan

I remember Cookie assisting with most of his goals. Pacquette was okay but needed a really good supply.

zzzzzzzzzz

Richard Pacquette on 15:06 - Mar 9 with 2921 viewspaulhoop2

Was that the game we all got done by the old bill ? Think one copper threw a coin back at the rangers fans if memory serves me right ? Clive will recall better

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Richard Pacquette on 15:29 - Mar 9 with 2864 viewsthehat

Now playing for Harefield in Step 5 of the non league Pyramid.

Richard Pacquette on 15:32 - Mar 9 with 2854 viewsnadera78

Interesting thread.

Pacquette was part of a very highly rated Academy team, almost certainly the last time we had a group of young players we expected to go on and have good careers. Nikki Bull (GK), Danny Murphy (LB), Oliver Burgess (RM), Terry McFlynn (CM) Justin Cochrane (CM), Ben Walshe (LW) Pacquette and Alvin Bubb up front.

You'd probably get about 250 Football League games out of them combined. Goes to show the tiny margins between being a good non-league player and being a good L1/2 player. And then again between L1 and Championship. It's such a fine margin, it makes predicting careers a lottery, and something we should remember when discussing our lack of Academy graduates.

Richard Pacquette on 15:53 - Mar 9 with 2813 viewstoboboly

He is currently banging in the goals for Harefield Utd

https://www.harefieldunited.com/teams/68463/the-team

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Richard Pacquette on 15:54 - Mar 9 with 2813 viewsPaddyhoops

Seen him play for Harefield against our U18s not long back .
A big arse on him which he used to full effect that day.
Looks like he was enjoying it.

Richard Pacquette on 16:23 - Mar 9 with 2754 viewsslmrstid

I remember Oliver Burgess being a really good player coming through, then he got a horrendous ACL I think? Never quite the same after.

Is highly thought of at Kettering Town though where he spent some years after - he's playing in a Legends game for them at the end of this year. I think Lee Harper is involved in that as well.

Richard Pacquette on 16:41 - Mar 9 with 2732 viewsE17hoop

Yes it was.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Richard Pacquette on 16:52 - Mar 9 with 2714 viewsHayesender

I have a vague memory of having to walk across what amounted to a field to get to the away turnstiles that day?

I'd had a few, and it was a long time ago, so I could be talking bollox

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Richard Pacquette on 17:07 - Mar 9 with 2686 viewsBluce_Ree

he was no Stefan Moore.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Richard Pacquette on 21:23 - Mar 9 with 2509 viewswombat

Indeed it was that game the cooper got thrown out of the force after I think as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Richard Pacquette on 22:27 - Mar 9 with 2433 viewsHastings_Hoops

Someone in the qpr end threw their mobile phone at a steward and qpr fans left singing “old McDonald”… that’s my memory of the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024