Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Match Thread 12:20 - Mar 17 with 37551 viewsSuperhoop83

I'm so desperate for things to turn around I've decided to start a match thread for the first time ever.

Somehow I predicted the Watford result, although Buzsaky didn't get the goal, so here's hoping for another one.

QPR 2 Birmingham 1

Suffering since 1978.

Birmingham Match Thread on 10:07 - Mar 18 with 2912 viewsPlanetHonneywood

4-1 Rangers (4-0 covering bet), the playoffs remain alive for one more week at least.

The resurrection started last week, and while it might have had a Judas Iscariot moment on Tuesday, it’ll be Jude the Cat dancing like a lunatic on E come 5pm.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Birmingham Match Thread on 10:08 - Mar 18 with 2911 viewsdavman

Clockwork Orange, inn'it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Birmingham Match Thread on 10:20 - Mar 18 with 2859 viewspaulparker

Going for a Desmond
But I can see Eustace bang up for this

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham Match Thread on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 2773 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 10:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Birmingham Match Thread on 10:40 - Mar 18 with 2768 viewsDiscodroids

Hope for a win but can't see anything other than a defeat by a couple of goals.

I feel for Gareth Having to fashion a team that seems to have as much courage in the face of adversity as Frankie Abbot hanging on to his old Ma's Apron strings when the school nurse turns up with the nit comb and a Vitamn C depository.

Be nice to get a win if only tO give some respite to The QPR Twitter account team who would have Chemical Ali's public enlightenment division weeping wth pride after every sundry thrashing.

I'd like a win for the QPR fans making the effort going today in W12 in the pissing rain and having watched a prolonged diet of bengal famine mixture football a typhus ridden rat would throw up.

I can't be there today lads but i'm with you in spirit by having me plates up on the repo Louis XI pouf and watching the willy Russell 'One summer' box set with a few Munchen Pilsners.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Birmingham Match Thread on 11:05 - Mar 18 with 2711 viewsthemodfather

an absolute must not LOSE game. a point today would see 4 from 9 possible in 3 games and would be an improvement in form!
first goal could decide this, if we concede will heads drop, body language etc?

Birmingham Match Thread on 11:12 - Mar 18 with 2696 viewsHantsR

I had one last go at fixing my Karcher pressure washer today - suffered cold damage during the big freeze. I've had to completely dismantle it a dozen times and I know every spring, washer and valve on the wretched thing. Even managed to snap the plastic on/off switch in doing so. Anyway, I thought as I re-assembled and connected everything up, that this was probably going to be start of a bad day, analogous to watching our mercurial team. So, with some trepidation, I flicked the aforesaid switch and stood back anticipating yet another disappointment , it started beautifully and no leaks! Yay!!

A good parallel for today I think - hopefully Gareth too has fixed some of the leaks, got the team engine pumping efficiently and connected up successfully.

Heading off in about an hour
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:12]

Birmingham Match Thread on 11:29 - Mar 18 with 2650 viewsDorse

My mate decided to use his Karcher to clean out his gutters. So, up a very tall ladder, he starts blasting. All going well until he, unaccountably, decided to wash his hands with it. Down came baby, cradle and all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Birmingham Match Thread on 11:57 - Mar 18 with 2574 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-1 Rangers

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Birmingham Match Thread on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 2568 viewsDavieQPR

Lot depends on whose back and whose not.

Birmingham Match Thread on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 2562 viewsbosh67

I can’t afford to go today but is anyone else feeling as anxious as I am? Like unnecessarily anxious given it’s a football match?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 12:05]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Birmingham Match Thread on 12:48 - Mar 18 with 2492 viewscolinallcars

I just popped round to Ethan's place to see if he'll be playing but he was asleep bless 'im, so I guess he won't be there.

Birmingham Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 2428 viewsAntti_Heinola

Another thrashing I'm afraid. 0-3 at best.

Bare bones.

Birmingham Match Thread on 13:18 - Mar 18 with 2424 viewsRanger_Things

Has to be a sign. 1-0 Rangers.

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:02 - Mar 18 with 2200 viewsQPRSteve

Still no sign of Chair or Willock
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 14:03]

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:06 - Mar 18 with 2076 viewsloftus77

I know I'm beginning to say it every week - but how can Dickie play? How?! Why?! Give the guy a necessary break - he can come back after the international fortnight and go again.

Dreadful team - it so needed Chair and Paal to inject something - a grain of hope.

Defeat utterly certain. 0-2 to Birmingham.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 14:12]

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:07 - Mar 18 with 2049 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sitting Bull still holding up the arrival of the cavalry.

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:08 - Mar 18 with 2027 viewsOldPedro

Thought Ainsworth was hoping to have Paal back today?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:16 - Mar 18 with 1845 viewsSonofpugwash

who else have we got?
An isanely optimistic 1-0 R's win.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:21 - Mar 18 with 1774 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Either Ainsworth flat out lied or his so called players refused to show up.
I am going to ask one more time then give up but what the fu*k is happening with Richards .
He is healthy right he can run and start attacks (lets forget the shoelaces incident ) yet he is not even on the bench in a must win game its mind blowing .
Why not give Gubbins the start and bench Dickie its so confusing .
Still hope the fans can repeat the performance from 7 days ago and more importantly so can the players

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:22 - Mar 18 with 1753 viewstraininvain

Surprised not to see Johansen involved from the start. I’m not an expert but to my basic eye this team lacks leadership and experience. Johansen helps on both fronts but he seems out of favour.

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:23 - Mar 18 with 1707 viewsDamo1962

Agree about scoring first. It might at least get us a point. I think Brum will be a sterner test than Watford.

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 1708 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards not in the squad

Has he picked up an injury

Otherwise how bad must he be to only get sub.appearamces all season

Seems to have been available most of the season

Something strange with this !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 1698 viewstraininvain

The situation with Richards is bizarre. Are we under some form of obligation to sign him permanently if he makes a certain number of appearances?

Birmingham Match Thread on 14:26 - Mar 18 with 1657 viewsDamo1962

😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024